Mac Pro Palettes discussion

swiftie1213

om
I decided to try out a duo palette as I have at least 100 single eyeshadows and wanted to make my own everyday palette. This will make it easier when I travel and now I have my most used colors in one place. I bought little stick on magnets from Michael's because the pans won't stay in the palette without it. It was easy to do and the hardest part was choosing the color and order to place them in. I also heated up the compact bottoms so I could peel the sticker off and place it on the pans and know all the colors. I think I may still use a label maker so I can put the names on the palette itself.
I need at least 3 more duo palettes to depot all of my eyeshadows. :shock:
i adore your collection. i have doubts about depotting le eyeshadows. did you depot the le ones too?

butterflyeyes

om i adore your collection. i have doubts about depotting le eyeshadows. did you depot the le ones too?
Can't speak for the OP but I've depotted a ton of LE shadows. If I really love the packaging I'll leave one intact but otherwise after the novelty wears off it helps to depot and organize (for me).

shana1306

I really don't rate these palettes. I love depotting for the space saving and convenience aspect but I find these to be too heavy and bulky.

kath00

I have been depotting like mad for the last few months off and on (Moody Blooms quads bye bye!). I have however discovered that I actually LIKE the way that MAC puts together their quads. The colors seem to work really well together. SO I just thought about buying yet another empty palette and pulling out my quads and putting them together, side by side. For example, I depotted a gorgeous Archie's Girl palette and put the browns with my other browns, the pink with my pinks and the yellow with my yellows. This way though, I feel like the browns just get lost with all my other browns that look soooo similar.

So I am thinking of pulling out the 2 browns, 1 pink and 1 yellow and putting them side by side in the palette so that they stay "near" eachother. They seem so wearable together. Same with the 4 pink/purples of the Moody Blooms or the Novel Romance quads. What do you think? Will it be too confusing?

I have 6 double palettes to navigate now although obviously they are not all completely full. But so far, I am separating by color families (greens, browns, creams, etc)...

Katherine

dancewithme

I have been depotting like mad for the last few months off and on (Moody Blooms quads bye bye!). I have however discovered that I actually LIKE the way that MAC puts together their quads. The colors seem to work really well together. SO I just thought about buying yet another empty palette and pulling out my quads and putting them together, side by side. For example, I depotted a gorgeous Archie's Girl palette and put the browns with my other browns, the pink with my pinks and the yellow with my yellows. This way though, I feel like the browns just get lost with all my other browns that look soooo similar.

So I am thinking of pulling out the 2 browns, 1 pink and 1 yellow and putting them side by side in the palette so that they stay "near" eachother. They seem so wearable together. Same with the 4 pink/purples of the Moody Blooms or the Novel Romance quads. What do you think? Will it be too confusing?

I have 6 double palettes to navigate now although obviously they are not all completely full. But so far, I am separating by color families (greens, browns, creams, etc)...

Katherine
I have my palettes organised by colour, apart from one which has a mix of completely different but complementary colours - so cranberry in with forest green and purple which sounds weird, but with the golds and creams that are in it too, it kind of works, and it's a really handy palette to take if I'm travelling but want a few different looks!

kath00

I have my palettes organised by colour, apart from one which has a mix of completely different but complementary colours - so cranberry in with forest green and purple which sounds weird, but with the golds and creams that are in it too, it kind of works, and it's a really handy palette to take if I'm travelling but want a few different looks!
That's a great point by the way about organizing by complementary colors for travel. I would not want to take a bazillion palettes with me on a cruise ship! But one that has complimentary colors is a nice way to bring along a bunch of different "looks." Thanks! I think that is what I will do from now on...

kattancs

I decided to try out a duo palette as I have at least 100 single eyeshadows and wanted to make my own everyday palette. This will make it easier when I travel and now I have my most used colors in one place. I bought little stick on magnets from Michael's because the pans won't stay in the palette without it. It was easy to do and the hardest part was choosing the color and order to place them in. I also heated up the compact bottoms so I could peel the sticker off and place it on the pans and know all the colors. I think I may still use a label maker so I can put the names on the palette itself.
OMG

beautycool

Hi smooch3s. Is this easy so every pallete holds 30 eyeshadows ( double duo ones) and you actually need magnets with the new ones ? Even if you don't buy the inserts to hold shadows in place And you put the magnets on the bottom of the eyeshadow after you depot correct ? And then you heat up the bottom of the pot to get the sticker off is that also right ? Or does that come off instantly when you depot I cannot think as I have only depotted two items one shadow lol and one cream blush mmmm didn't realise the cream brush sort of melted and went runny lol It was a old one anyhow no loss But I just put it in the freezer lol I think I only have about 6 shadows of mac ATM lol how embarrassing I have a duo pallete at my friends in Texas with inserts x2 that I bought for blushs Do you also depot limited ed ones I have a few moody bloom shadows but they not limited ed or nothing and in black normal packaging unless are they too small to go into the insert I wouldn't know Thanks for any help as seen as you know about your depot

Vandekamp

Wow. OMG! Look out Ms. Naomi. :heart:

pemily

Hi Ladies, about 100 years ago I promised to upload how I depot my lipsticks for my kit :) They are Yaby pans in a MUFE palette, I cut and melt and then label on the bottom. Hope this helps :)

Honi

Hi Ladies, about 100 years ago I promised to upload how I depot my lipsticks for my kit :) They are Yaby pans in a MUFE palette, I cut and melt and then label on the bottom. Hope this helps :)
Gives such a great overview! Do you feel that the lipsticks go bad quicker when they are stored like this or is it kinda the same as in tubes?

pemily

Gives such a great overview! Do you feel that the lipsticks go bad quicker when they are stored like this or is it kinda the same as in tubes?
I have had no problems at all, I regularly refill as this is for my kit. I wouldn't do it for my personal lipsticks

MRV

That huge MUFE palette - is it the Metal Palette XL? That would be awesome filled in with e/s!

beautycool

Hi ladies I recieved my first mac pallette Today from my friend in Texas Finally have it now I'm abit lost I have the duo one for cheeks I got the two Inserts I had one pro blush with magnet already But no good depotting ATM is there as no damn magnets lol Do I need magnets ? Also I have a guerlain round sample blush thing that the lady have me at a counter I need to put that in a pallete suppose I can buy another duo one and just use that for domes and other blushs And don't buy the inserts Also is it worth buying the single palletes This one is so thick n heavy :( Didn't realise

beautycool

I'm naff at depotting really especially the blushs really I'm ok with eyeshadows as smaller I don't know whether to leave my blushs in there pots ? And just buy the ones with magnet from mac But Then I can take the empty pots back to mac when I can to get a free lippy or shadow So I don't know tbh what to do If I don't depot that means if I ever go on holiday again I have to take seperate pots with me And how do you girls make up your mind what pallette to take on holiday do you have a special one with blushs you adore and really like This is all doing my head in lol

Latest posts