Mac Pro Palettes discussion

kath00

I was guessing that you probably didn't. Sadly the duos need the inserts, but the singles don't. It's 50/50. Hold more without the inserts and have em fall, or get the inserts and only hold 30. Or go with the singles and not need inserts, but pay twice as much to hold the same quantity.
ssad.gif
Sigh! Thank you. I had the singles and swapped them out for the duo package because it seemed more compact. Maybe I need to go back to the singles without insert. Then I will have 4 to carry around though. At least they are see through though.

beautycool

Hi gosh sounds complicated So the single palletes without the insert can be used by just placing the eyeshadows blushes what ever You want really in them Are they big enough to place the higher products in ( items for dome pallete ) mineral items I think in totally confused now lol Or the mineralise blushes you know the ones that can go in the some palletes as they are raised higher the mineralise ? Thanks girls

beautycool

The clear divider of the MAC duo palette does pop out if you pull it gingerly. This allows space for domed pans. It is a lot more cost effective than purchasing z palettes (not to mention more durable). With the divider removed, I fit 4 skinfinishes, 8 mineralize eyeshadows, and 2 regular eyeshadows in it comfortably. I could probably fit a few more eyeshadows.
Hi ladies found what I was looking for :)

beautycool

No you can't put raised stuff into any of the palettes.  Just ones that are flat as far as I can tell.
Hi swear someone posted something that you could I was just checking They said a duo pallete without the inserts :) Good for a some pallete :) It's above somewhere So that isn't true then ? I have one coming from the states as some point my friend still has it at hers I bought two blush inserts to go with it I could always try when it comes :)

beautycool

The clear divider of the MAC duo palette does pop out if you pull it gingerly. This allows space for domed pans. It is a lot more cost effective than purchasing z palettes (not to mention more durable). With the divider removed, I fit 4 skinfinishes, 8 mineralize eyeshadows, and 2 regular eyeshadows in it comfortably. I could probably fit a few more eyeshadows.
Says here for dome x

shellygrrl

Staff member
Idk how strong the double is without the inserts.
Everything I've read and heard (here and elsewhere) says you need the inserts for the double. I own the double palette but haven't tried taking the inserts out and just having my shadows and blushes in there and, really, the idea of it makes me nervous anyway. :nods:

erine1881

Everything I've read and heard (here and elsewhere) says you need the inserts for the double. I own the double palette but haven't tried taking the inserts out and just having my shadows and blushes in there and, really, the idea of it makes me nervous anyway. :nods:
Yes, the double NEEDS the inserts. :nods:

bluelitzer

I depotted my magnetic nude EDES. I know there was already a past discussion about depotting these but I cannot find it anymore. Anyway just to share what it looks like. I pressed the product onto an empty pan and put a magnet underneath and left it at that. I see some wasted products under the mesh so I'm going to try and use those before I b2m it. I'm going through a phase right now where I want to depot everything. I'm obsessed with organization!
e0d4f4ed_image.jpeg

NaomiH

Oh wow! I've been a bit bummed that it seemed I couldn't depot the ED items, I might give it a go now with my 2 AA blushes. I've been kinda annoyed that I couldn't add them to my blush palette. Did they break much? What process did you use to get it into the other pan?

bluelitzer

Oh wow! I've been a bit bummed that it seemed I couldn't depot the ED items, I might give it a go now with my 2 AA blushes. I've been kinda annoyed that I couldn't add them to my blush palette. Did they break much? What process did you use to get it into the other pan?
About 95% of the product came off fine. It was soft and cream-powder like as they say. I took a thin knife and wiggled the side very, very gently and it lifted as a whole but some stayed underneath the mesh when I broke it off. I was unsuccessful at lifting the actual mesh because the pot is just too tiny for any wiggle room around the mesh.

I will try and find that very helpful YT video of a French makeup artist who depotted MSFs and EDSFs and placed them in a Zpalette. I used his technique so I have to credit him for the process I used. Lemme search it now... :)

EDIT: Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaNZmkZb0iI

NaomiH

About 95% of the product came off fine. It was soft and cream-powder like as they say. I took a thin knife and wiggled the side very, very gently and it lifted as a whole but some stayed underneath the mesh when I broke it off. I was unsuccessful at lifting the actual mesh because the pot is just too tiny for any wiggle room around the mesh.

I will try and find that very helpful YT video of a French makeup artist who depotted MSFs and EDSFs and placed them in a Zpalette. I used his technique so I have to credit him for the process I used. Lemme search it now... :)

EDIT: Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaNZmkZb0iI
Thanks very helpful! Thank you!

kath00

I tried depotting my AA eyeshadows this way. They are in the same mesh housing (not a metal pan) and they sorta fell apart. Well the one I did depot fell apart. Because they were not on metal pans, I also could not glue a magnet on the bottom so I was unable to put the eyeshadow into the MAC palette without it moving around. I have depotted a LOT of htings but I def would not recommend depotting anything with the mesh bottom. It is the first time I destroyed something and in the end I was not able to get it into my magnetic palette either. ARGH.

I ended up mushing it into powder, adding alcohol, adding it to an almost empty pan to try to rescue it. Now it's way too powdery. I am going to have to just bite the bullet and replace it with another sometime... prob through eBay since it is sold out.

Wish I knew this beforehand.

DMcG9

I tried depotting my AA eyeshadows this way. They are in the same mesh housing (not a metal pan) and they sorta fell apart. Well the one I did depot fell apart. Because they were not on metal pans, I also could not glue a magnet on the bottom so I was unable to put the eyeshadow into the MAC palette without it moving around. I have depotted a LOT of htings but I def would not recommend depotting anything with the mesh bottom. It is the first time I destroyed something and in the end I was not able to get it into my magnetic palette either. ARGH.

I ended up mushing it into powder, adding alcohol, adding it to an almost empty pan to try to rescue it. Now it's way too powdery. I am going to have to just bite the bullet and replace it with another sometime... prob through eBay since it is sold out.

Wish I knew this beforehand.
Which AA shadow did you destroy? Silver Sun is still available from MAC Canada.

NaomiH

I tried depotting my AA eyeshadows this way.  They are in the same mesh housing (not a metal pan) and they sorta fell apart.  Well the one I did depot fell apart.  Because they were not on metal pans, I also could not glue a magnet on the bottom so I was unable to put the eyeshadow into the MAC palette without it moving around.  I have depotted a LOT of htings but I def would not recommend depotting anything with the mesh bottom.  It is the first time I destroyed something and in the end I was not able to get it into my magnetic palette either.  ARGH. I ended up mushing it into powder, adding alcohol, adding it to an almost empty pan to try to rescue it.  Now it's way too powdery.  I am going to have to just bite the bullet and replace it with another sometime... prob through eBay since it is sold out. Wish I knew this beforehand.  
Oh no, that's awful! I think I might not attempt it now.

kath00

Which AA shadow did you destroy? Silver Sun is still available from MAC Canada.
Lorelei. :( My fave one. Waaaah. Still looking for it...

I have the other 5 still and they are in their original cases. Which is also a PITA because I have all my other shadows depotted. Sigh. Wish MAC didn't do this switcheroo. I like to be organized and when I travel, I love having stuff in a palette.