Mac Pro Palettes discussion

beautycool

272782f6_image.jpeg
Hi I have two of these to put in two lots of blush inserts

erine1881

Thank you both for your answers. I wash my brushes very frequently so it can't be that and I store them in my room, away from moisture. But I have very oily lids, so that seems to be the cause. Is there any way I can prevent the hard layer from forming whern double dipping into a pan? Will cleaning with a cosmetic tissue before dipping into the pan again help?
There's really no way to prevent it. But it doesn't hurt the shadow any. Just make sure to blot your lids before applying shadow, and after every few applications wipe the shadow down with a tissue or, if you notice the film forming, just scrape off the top layer of the shadow with a spatula. Same applies to blush or face powder if you have oily skin as well.

DaphneWoods

The clear divider of the MAC duo palette does pop out if you pull it gingerly. This allows space for domed pans. It is a lot more cost effective than purchasing z palettes (not to mention more durable). With the divider removed, I fit 4 skinfinishes, 8 mineralize eyeshadows, and 2 regular eyeshadows in it comfortably. I could probably fit a few more eyeshadows.

NaomiH

I recently depotted my blushes into a duo PRO palette and just ordered another duo palette since I discovered that Sugarpill shadows fit in the x6 eye shadow palette. Here's a pic of the blush and one side of my SP palette. Obviously I need more blushes. lol

bluelitzer

I recently depotted my blushes into a duo PRO palette and just ordered another duo palette since I discovered that Sugarpill shadows fit in the x6 eye shadow palette. Here's a pic of the blush and one side of my SP palette. Obviously I need more blushes. lol

Awesome palette! What are those lovely blush colors, might I ask?
heart.gif

NaomiH

Awesome palette! What are those lovely blush colors, might I ask?
heart.gif
Thank you!
The blushes are as follows as sorry the colours are a bit off.

Top row L-R
Modern Mandarin, Peaches, Ripe For Love
2nd row L-R
Bad Girl Gone Good, Gingerly, Stylish Me
3rd row L-R
Cheeky Bugger, Peaches & Cream, Bred For Beauty

BrknFlwr85

I really need to try out the duo palette because my stash of large single pro palettes is starting to be a bit much. I love the look of the clear lid so I can see what I'm reaching for, but they just don't hold enough and I have to use inserts. Maybe I will buy one and try to use it for travel with blush on one side and shadows on the other.

It's good to know that Sugarpill shadows fit x6 shadow inserts. I think I might depot what I have from SP and my UD singles soon. I think my ocd can handle using MAC palettes for other brands if I cover the logo with the SP and UD stickers that I have.

NaomiH

I really need to try out the duo palette because my stash of large single pro palettes is starting to be a bit much. I love the look of the clear lid so I can see what I'm reaching for, but they just don't hold enough and I have to use inserts. Maybe I will buy one and try to use it for travel with blush on one side and shadows on the other.

It's good to know that Sugarpill shadows fit x6 shadow inserts. I think I might depot what I have from SP and my UD singles soon. I think my ocd can handle using MAC palettes for other brands if I cover the logo with the SP and UD stickers that I have.
I'm glad I decided to check before sending the shadow palettes back to MAC (I ordered them by accident instead of the blush inserts). They fit in perfectly, but with the singles there is only a tiny sticky thing under the pan with you pop the shadow so to keep it in the palette you'll definitely need magnets or something sticky. The duo palette is very dense and has a nice weight to it, a clear top would be neat, but I'm not finding it a too bad not having one. The using it for travel sounds like a really good idea!.

I'm going to slap an SP stick on top of my palette so it doesn't say MAC on it while being filled with Sugarpill. lol

butterflyeyes

I originally depotted my 3 single SugarPill shadows but all 3 got damaged during the process. Once I got the SP pro palette I just decided to crush those 3 shadows and make them loose colours. I think I just had a bad depotting session lol.

NaomiH

I originally depotted my 3 single SugarPill shadows but all 3 got damaged during the process. Once I got the SP pro palette I just decided to crush those 3 shadows and make them loose colours. I think I just had a bad depotting session lol.
I did knick two of them while prying them out of their pots with my little knife but it went okay. I wish that pro palette had been around before I bought all the pressed shadows. Lol. Weird it doesn't have Bulletproof in it though.

erine1881

Mine fall over even with magnets (in the duo palette so 1/2 are upside down).  Anyone have any suggestions?
Do you have the inserts? You NEED the inserts with the duo palette. The metal base is a weaker so the magnets don't hold as strong.

erine1881

No I don't because I can fit more colors in without the inserts. Sigh. Was hoping to avoid that.
I was guessing that you probably didn't. Sadly the duos need the inserts, but the singles don't. It's 50/50. Hold more without the inserts and have em fall, or get the inserts and only hold 30. Or go with the singles and not need inserts, but pay twice as much to hold the same quantity. :(

tirurit

I was guessing that you probably didn't. Sadly the duos need the inserts, but the singles don't. It's 50/50. Hold more without the inserts and have em fall, or get the inserts and only hold 30. Or go with the singles and not need inserts, but pay twice as much to hold the same quantity.
ssad.gif
Thanks for that info @erine1881 ! Wasn't aware of that issue and have been wondering about getting a double. Now I definitely won't

patentg33k

Thank you both for your answers. I wash my brushes very frequently so it can't be that and I store them in my room, away from moisture. But I have very oily lids, so that seems to be the cause. Is there any way I can prevent the hard layer from forming whern double dipping into a pan? Will cleaning with a cosmetic tissue before dipping into the pan again help?
@Macguy recommended a product called Beauty So Clean to remove the hardened surface. I got a bottle from Amazon a few weeks ago. You spray it on, and if necessary wipe the surface down to removed the hardened area.

I've used it a few times on blushes and it works well. Before I got this, I ran a clean mascara spoolie over the hardened area but that tends to rough up the surface too much.

beautycool

@Macguy recommended a product called Beauty So Clean to remove the hardened surface. I got a bottle from Amazon a few weeks ago. You spray it on, and if necessary wipe the surface down to removed the hardened area.  I've used it a few times on blushes and it works well. Before I got this, I ran a clean mascara spoolie over the hardened area but that tends to rough up the surface too much.
Hi I got to get myself some of this :)

beautycool

483d5871_image.jpeg
I bought this from Sally's the other day Do you think it's ok to wipe my lippys down with As it's ok for work surfaces ( vanity) It has got that alcohol stuff in that you sterilise lippys with As my husband got some of that stuff ages ago and have been using that stuff But thought I buy me own But maybe this is just for cleansing vanity down and make up brushes etc

erine1881

483d5871_image.jpeg
I bought this from Sally's the other day Do you think it's ok to wipe my lippys down with As it's ok for work surfaces ( vanity) It has got that alcohol stuff in that you sterilise lippys with As my husband got some of that stuff ages ago and have been using that stuff But thought I buy me own But maybe this is just for cleansing vanity down and make up brushes etc
Do not use this on cosmetics! Use rubbing alcohol only!

beautycool

Hi thanks Hun I hadn't was asking but I have that plain alchol stuff that everyone suggested before which hubby has I use that still then :) thank you