MAC Retro Matte collection (September 12, 2013)

vaisforluvrs

Ok beauty fellow beauty fans: someone posted that they saw the color swatches...... where oh where did you find these swatches?

Can you please post a link for us?
flower.gif

Thank you!
I think Erine saw the color swatches, but I'm pretty sure they are from her MAC source and not a website.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Not sure if there are any of the original colours coming back, but here's a list of the shades that came out with the original collection:

http://www.sokissandmakeup.com/mac-cosmetics-retromatte-lipstick/

It wouldn't surprise me if they brought back Moxie, since it was part of the "By Request" collection last year. As for the other colours... I remember ages ago hearing that they were thinking about bringing back Bronx.

Not that any of this matters to me. My office is so dry that I couldn't possibly wear this formula.
cry.gif

sagehen

Not sure if there are any of the original colours coming back, but here's a list of the shades that came out with the original collection:

http://www.sokissandmakeup.com/mac-cosmetics-retromatte-lipstick/

It wouldn't surprise me if they brought back Moxie, since it was part of the "By Request" collection last year. As for the other colours... I remember ages ago hearing that they were thinking about bringing back Bronx.

Not that any of this matters to me. My office is so dry that I couldn't possibly wear this formula.
cry.gif
Thakn you for this trip down memory lane! Ahh, I was young then lol. I had all of them and loved them - SoBe and Verushka may have been my faves - NO - Santiago - I bought that twice.

VampyCouture

-deep brown or deep plum
Not sure I like the color selection
noworry.gif
I'm gonna hope for the best though.
I agree. I dont think nudes in the retro matte formula is going to be woc-friendly, but we'll see.

I'm interested in checking out:
dark coral
deep plum
orange
mid pink coral

Shantastic

OMG!!!!!!!!!! I'm excited! I wonder if Moxie will be repromoted again since it was apart of the original retro matte collection back in '99. Either way, this new deserves a happy dance break!
pompom.gif
yahoo.gif
nanaparty.gif

sungelly87

If moxie is in this collection then I must get it! I missed the By Request collection in general. I had no idea what I was doing. But man, a nude retro matte...if Mac does it well I will need backup.

OctoberViolet

That was me before I got acquainted with this new matte & retro matte formula from MAC. They are more on the creamy side than the dry side like the old(er) matte lipsticks used to be. You'll love them once you try them.
flower.gif

I might get one of these to try. I'm not normally a matte person.

liba

I agree. I dont think nudes in the retro matte formula is going to be woc-friendly, but we'll see.

I'm interested in checking out:
dark coral
deep plum
orange
mid pink coral
you'd be surprised!

Matte nude lipstick is definitely a trend that takes some getting used to, on top of just finding the right nude that's flattering for your skin tone, but when it works, it works great and totally doesn't matter if you have a deep skin tone - heck, it's a look I think often looks BETTER on darker skin tones because it accentuates the lips, rather than just makes the lips blend in and disappear into your skin!

It's a new fashion now, but it's pretty retro. Check out photos of 60's and 70's makeup to get ideas about how to make it work with the right cheek and eye looks, hairstyles, etc.

Go check out the Apres Chic thread too - there were some awesome matte nudes in that collection that a lot of our deeper skinned lassies loved and posted plenty of full face photos of.

Gatton

I'm a newbie MAC lover since December, but I've fallen in love with Moxie when I saw it on Nikkietutorials... so if this collection has Moxie I NEED it. Quite really.

Latest posts