MAC Retro Matte collection (September 12, 2013)

Addict4MAC

I can't tell you how many customers, when i asked em if they get darker in the summer, would reply "i do, even tho i use sunscreen" or "i don't tan my face cuz i use sunscreen".
blink.gif
girlhaha.gif

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881

Based on the pic, from what i can tell, there will be
-nude
-nude pink
-mid pink
-mid pink coral
-mid orange
-orange
-dark coral
-deep brown or deep plum

Right now, I'm interested in mid pink, mid pink coral, mid orange... and maybe the dark coral.

What's the difference between mid orange and orange?

ChosenOne

I can't tell you how many customers, when i asked em if they get darker in the summer, would reply "i do, even tho i use sunscreen" or "i don't tan my face cuz i use sunscreen".
blink.gif
And these are the kinds of customers/clients I tend to just stare at blinking for a few seconds
icon_eek.gif
(<--- imagine this guy is blinking) Especially for people who are out in the sun a lot, whether it's for work or for leisure, I have trouble grasping the idea that they wouldn't take the time to actually understand what sunscreen does for them. And people who don't even wear sunscreen because they want to get a tan make me even sadder. I actually just read an interesting factoid today: People who first use a tanning bed before age 35 increase their risk for melanoma by 75%
blinks.gif
Scary stuff!

Wish I had something new to say about the collection this thread is actually about, but hey...healthy skin is always on topic, right?

vaisforluvrs

And these are the kinds of customers/clients I tend to just stare at blinking for a few seconds
icon_eek.gif
(<--- imagine this guy is blinking) Especially for people who are out in the sun a lot, whether it's for work or for leisure, I have trouble grasping the idea that they wouldn't take the time to actually understand what sunscreen does for them. And people who don't even wear sunscreen because they want to get a tan make me even sadder. I actually just read an interesting factoid today: People who first use a tanning bed before age 35 increase their risk for melanoma by 75%
blinks.gif
Scary stuff!

Wish I had something new to say about the collection this thread is actually about, but hey...healthy skin is always on topic, right?
I saw this on the sephora fb page today, and people posted things like "don't believe everything you read" or "it's all in moderation." Sad that people don't take this seriously. I've seen co-workers and family members have pre-cancerous moles removed from their face (which leaves awful scarring and uneven skin after they heal). Better to be safe than sorry, I think!

erine1881

I saw this on the sephora fb page today, and people posted things like "don't believe everything you read" or "it's all in moderation." Sad that people don't take this seriously. I've seen co-workers and family members have pre-cancerous moles removed from their face (which leaves awful scarring and uneven skin after they heal). Better to be safe than sorry, I think!
My Poppo had skin cancer on his nose from where the sun went thru his glasses. My aunt tanned all the time in a tanning bed and outside, and now her skin feels like reptile skin. I like my jelly skin nice and soft, and cancer free!

VioletPearl

I love my pasty skin. And the fact that i don't look my age helps me love it even more!
girlhaha.gif
I agree 100% with you. I am even more fair and now I don't care, that's me. I'd love to have an nc30 skin tone, but if it is not meant to be, than it is better to accept what I have and work with it.

I hate when younger girls than me look like 30+ due to tanning too much...
Their skin is wrinkly, dry and patchy, not to mention more serious skin concerns...

I just have to figure out the colors and textures that work for me the best to feel good in my pale skin.
I bought Nude on Board (my first bornzer ever, lol) and I'm so happy how it looks on me. If I want to warm my face up a little I use this and I think it looks good, not orange or muddy at all.
Just have to blend things even better because on really pale skin everything shows up more obviously.

Finding a matching foundation was also a big problem... But since I found Studio Sculpt in nc15, I'm more than happy.

Sorry,
back2topic.gif
!

This collection will be so awsome, I feel it in my bones!
yahoo.gif

OctoberViolet

iagree.gif
I'm a Jelly and proud of it!!!!!

My Poppo had skin cancer on his nose from where the sun went thru his glasses. My aunt tanned all the time in a tanning bed and outside, and now her skin feels like reptile skin. I like my jelly skin nice and soft, and cancer free!

TommyCJC

Some of the descriptions have caught my eye, I think I may be getting a bunch of these!! haha!
I heard mentioning of these perhaps becoming perm and one of them being Moxie?
Not sure how true any of that is, we are all dreamers on here!! ;)

I have a question about Moxie, actually... Is the formula of the By Request Moxie the same as the old discontinued Moxie?
Because if so it's clear that not all Retro Matte's have the same super matte texture as Ruby Woo. And if not then why did Mac change the formulation? Wouldn't past Moxie lovers surely have loved Moxie for both it's colour and texture?
Is BR Moxie the same colour as the old Moxie?
I'm sure I'm not the first to ask these questions and definitely not the the first to think them! But I'd love to hear some feedback!
I LOVE the Moxie (and back up) I got from By Request and I think I'd love it how it is or if it was as matte as Ruby Woo, but I'm just super curious!