MAC - Rodarte Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

martiangurll

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
I talked to one of the MAs yesterday and she said she thought they would release the colours in the future under some different guise. I think they'd have to wait quite a while for people to forget the specifics of the colours and would have to put them in different collections, but we shall see.

I hope so. I agree Cham-PALE would be a logical place...(we can hope)
sneaky.gif

AndSparkle

I'd guess that that collection is pretty much ready to go in terms of what products are in it. I'd guesstimate it'll be about 12-18 months-ish till they start including products from Rodarte, and even then I'd say it'll be scattered to avoid anyone really finding out that they are using these products again - I could completely see a controversy if the media found out the MAC were reusing these products.

panther27

Yeah,if these products are reused and cause a controversy with the media,they can shove it.What would they care anyway?Damn media blows all kinds of things out of proportion,it's ridiculous.
I just got an email from MAC and I was told that there is no future plan for the use of these products.However,they then said that their purpose is to "re purpose"as many of the packaging components of this collection as possible.What cannot be repurposed will be shipped to a waste or energy facility."Those were the exact words they used.I hope this possibly means that MAC will be releasing some of this later on,because it would be a damn shame to trash all of it.

MatryoshkaDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther27
How lame that MAC canceled.This controversy has been blown wayyy out of proportion.They should have donated and left it at that.I emailed MAC a nice complaint letter about this.
ssad.gif

I agree. I would have been fine if they just renamed or canceled the Juarez product and proceeded as planned. Sigh, drama queens always prevail.
th_rolleye0014.gif

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
seeing as this collection isn't happening now, can we close this thread? just a thought.
th_dunno.gif

Makes sense to me. I'll ask the staff about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.