MAC - Rodarte Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I applaud MAC for standing by their decision to make a donation (although the amount of the donation is entirely their decision, since no one gets to see how they calculate projected profits). Good for them.

I'm also deeply personally disappointed, because I really was looking forward to this collection. I know that puts me in a severe minority, since most people were put off by the ultra-pale palette even before the controversy came to a head. Myself, I found the offbeat colours appealing in the same way that Style Black was for me last year.

I'll renew my prediction that this stuff turns up on eBay sooner rather than later and at inflated prices.

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
I agree with you...every collection should have a broad range for all skin color
yes.gif

I agree. I try to tell myself that Mac can't please everyone all the time with each collection, but it sucks when I feel like I have to sit one out. I'm not even dark! At least I can always find a lipstick or lipglass in a collection, but I'm always on the hunt for blush. That's why I love Nars so much. They have just about every shade of blush for different complexions. Now if they come up with a purple one, my life will be complete.

silentstorm143

I am not quite sure how I feel about the whole situation and this idea is totally left field but does anyone think some of these products might appear in the cham pale collection?

SmokeSignal16

I'm kind of bummed this isn't going to be released now, I know I am in the minority but I did like some of the shades being released. On the one hand it's good because I have more money to go to another collection now but then on the other hand, there is going to be all of that wasted product now unless they incorporate it in something else.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentstorm143
I am not quite sure how I feel about the whole situation and this idea is totally left field but does anyone think some of these products might appear in the cham pale collection?

Funny, I was thinking that, since the "pale" theme would seem appropriate. But I doubt they'd want to reintroduce the products when the whole debacle is still fresh in everyone's mind.

silentstorm143

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
Funny, I was thinking that, since the "pale" theme would seem appropriate. But I doubt they'd want to reintroduce the products when the whole debacle is still fresh in everyone's mind.

I was just thinking because they originally said they were going to rename and or redesign some of the products may be instead of releasing a 'new' rodarte they just decided to make a 'new' collection and add other things to it to mix it up. It was just a thought
smiles.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
On a side note, I can't believe I just complained about not being able to spend money. Time for me to increase my brain medication...

panther27

How lame that MAC canceled.This controversy has been blown wayyy out of proportion.They should have donated and left it at that.I emailed MAC a nice complaint letter about this.
ssad.gif

nunu

I can't believe some of the comments on MAC's facebook page about the whole situation.

Lovey99

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
I agree. I try to tell myself that Mac can't please everyone all the time with each collection, but it sucks when I feel like I have to sit one out. I'm not even dark! At least I can always find a lipstick or lipglass in a collection, but I'm always on the hunt for blush. That's why I love Nars so much. They have just about every shade of blush for different complexions. Now if they come up with a purple one, my life will be complete.

I am darker than both of you (NW45/47) and a lot of the products in the collections are not suitable. I can make some stuff work, but I do not want to have to put in so much effort. I LOVE Nars blushes. This collection did not have ANY product that would be suitable for someone my skin tone.

Chikky

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberElizabeth
Maybe I'm not "politically correct" or I'm "insensitive" but I think it is rediculous to scrap the whole thing. I was looking forward to the collection!!! While I understand all the hubbub and controversy and blah blah blah... They changed the names and were going to donate some/all of the proceeds, so I don't know why MAC caved to be all PC and crap like that. They fixed names and all that jazz... So the fact that they STILL ended up deciding to just not do the collection is stupid IMO.

I agree with you. This is ridiculous; they went above and beyond what they ever should have done regarding this collection to appease some people, who they never even intended to offend, and now this?

Wow, did my respect for them go wayyyy down.

PinkBasset

Quote:
I applaud MAC for standing by their decision to make a donation (although the amount of the donation is entirely their decision, since no one gets to see how they calculate projected profits). Good for them.

I'm also deeply personally disappointed, because I really was looking forward to this collection. I know that puts me in a severe minority, since most people were put off by the ultra-pale palette even before the controversy came to a head. Myself, I found the offbeat colours appealing in the same way that Style Black was for me last year.

I'll renew my prediction that this stuff turns up on eBay sooner rather than later and at inflated prices.

You're not alone, I liked many of these colours too! I hope some of these will be released later. I even liked the MES!
shockt.gif
The beauty powder and blush were also pretty.

spunky

i'm pretty disappointed they've cancelled. controversy aside, the i liked some of the shades and was looking forward to getting them.

i don't see how cancelling this collection shows 'respect' for the women and girls of juarez. they've donated a substantial amount of money to charities, changed the names of the products and apologised several times about their blatant insensitivity. that should have been enough.

elegant-one

Its called "nipping it in the bud"

MAC wasn't going to allow the controversy to continue...& this is how they did just that.

In all fairness, my MA told me that from MAC's point of view, it was never intentional to create this drama or demean anyone. Sometimes all of us are blind-sided by something when making decisions in life.

silentstorm143

Quote:
On a side note, I can't believe I just complained about not being able to spend money. Time for me to increase my brain medication...

th_LMAO.gif

laylalovesmac

It's probably better that they pulled it, but after saying they were going to donate all that money? It doesn't make sense.... It's great they're still donating, but I think I have lost some respect for them over this whole thing.

martiangurll

Quote:

yes, & I will probably be one of the bimbos buying at the inflated prices...wow. Just, wow.
th_dunno.gif

mac_aiken

I wonder if this collection would have been cancelled in the old days, prior to EL's acquisition of MAC?

Status
Not open for further replies.