MAC - Rodarte Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatscott2000
Sounds like there isn't a Rodarte lipglass anymore. Are they even attached to the collection? or are they completely removed because of the controversy?

I know! If this is the RODARTE collection, shouldn't something be called Rodarte? They can't remove them because their name is already stamped on all of the products.... I don't see why they changed that name- it wasn't offensive.
th_dunno.gif
At least, not IMO.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Sooooo, did I miss any news - is it on or off for the collection
th_dunno.gif

erine - did you say/know?

as far as i know its still on. we haven't heard otherwise. yet.

LMD84

i'd be shocked if they pulled the collection now, after spending money on the name changes and the products themselves.... it'd be a waste!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
^^^ A waste like destroying unused products you return!

yeah so very true!! i still don't get why somebody would buy an item and return it unused! unless they already owned it i guess....

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
^^^ A waste like destroying unused products you return!

i've never returned a MAC item, but if that's what they do, if i buy something i don't like i'll sell/swap on here. what a waste!

PinkBasset

We can't return makeup here, unless it's faulty of course. But never because "I didn't like it" or "I already had this" or "Bad shade for me" etc. When I first started to read Specktra I was blown away to learn about the return system in US, I think it's very weird to return makeup (is it just Mac there or with every brand/shop?). If I have bought something not-so-great so be it. The only time I ever would've wanted to return something is when I bought a foundation that was impossible to put on your face, it was completely unusable. It was a liquid that could not be spread and skin rejected it.

GlamQueen21

I've bought the 187 brush at my MAC store and I returned it since I went with what my heart said that I really don't need it yet. That was the first MAC product that I've returned and usually I never return MAC product unless I have a reason.

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
We can't return makeup here, unless it's faulty of course. But never because "I didn't like it" or "I already had this" or "Bad shade for me" etc. When I first started to read Specktra I was blown away to learn about the return system in US, I think it's very weird to return makeup (is it just Mac there or with every brand/shop?). If I have bought something not-so-great so be it. The only time I ever would've wanted to return something is when I bought a foundation that was impossible to put on your face, it was completely unusable. It was a liquid that could not be spread and skin rejected it.

You should be able to return stuff if your skin rejects it or has an allergic reaction. At least worth a try.

bellaboomboom

Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
i've never returned a MAC item, but if that's what they do, if i buy something i don't like i'll sell/swap on here. what a waste!

LittleMaryJane

It is a huge waste... And the ONE time I returned a shadow I did it before I knew they trashed it or otherwise I think I would have tried to sell it. The girl told me "it MUST be unused to return it!" Uhhh... Why? I think I'd actually prefer it if they didn't allow returns over trashing beautiful makeup!

Then the idea of them throwing out allllll the Rodarte stuff instead of going through with the collection (if they did end up doing that) bothers me about a billion times more than the initial controversy.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
You should be able to return stuff if your skin rejects it or has an allergic reaction. At least worth a try.

yes i think that when this happens you should be able to return an item - it's no good if you cant actually use it even if you wanted to!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMaryJane
Then the idea of them throwing out allllll the Rodarte stuff instead of going through with the collection (if they did end up doing that) bothers me about a billion times more than the initial controversy.

werd.gif
Plus you know that in a couple of months (if that), the stuff would start showing up at ridiculous prices on evilbay.

Rinstar

graucho.gif
If by any chance this collection is cancelled, can we please find out where they are storing these products and rob it before they throw them away??

trulynicole

I've asked the stores by my house, I called MAC and talked to them online.
Each time they said the collection is still on.

LMD84

perhaps that is where the confusion is then - the collection is cancelled in Mexico but still on for everywhere else?

meg_curls

FYI, this collection was featured in the August issue of VOGUE. (Specifically Bordertown MES and Rodarte Lipgloss).

While I'm sure the story was approved and printed before the controversy (it was mainly about the designers venturing into the makeup world), it still had the old names and raved about the dark inspiration. Yeah.....Vogue probably isn't too happy about it now

Status
Not open for further replies.