MAC - Sheen Supreme Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

User38

^ I have been buying a lot of ls /sheer tones in tube or stick form... I think it's the wave of the future. Easy and simple kind of like a GPS ls/lg combo
eeksign.gif
I better shaddup now.. lol.

ansimi

^ I have been buying a lot of ls /sheer tones in tube or stick form... I think it's the wave of the future. Easy and simple kind of like a GPS ls/lg combo
eeksign.gif

I've always loved that sort of thing. Any non-MAC brands I should keep an eye on? Without revealing secrets of course:) Guerlain just discontinued their stick gloss that I really liked.

I'm very pale but I have dark hair and I look good in bold colours but opaque lips tend to look garish and/or aging. I much prefer a stick in a pretty, grown-up tube to a wand or squeeze tube.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Slimshines were not a big selling item for MAC, whereas the Mattenes did fare better. I think these glorified glosses might have a new technology which combines the two finishes
hatsoff.gif
-- technologically it's being done already.
I'm not surprised, since the texture of the Slimshines wasn't nearly as nice (to me) as that of their regular lipglass and I found the colour payoff was less.

LMD84

I'm not sure how i feel about this just yet. I didn't really like the slimshines. I adored mattenes though, go figure. I guess I'm more of an opaque lipstick kinda girl

yeah i wasnt a fan of slimshines either. after such a short time they had dissapeared from my lips!

Camnagem

eeksign.gif
This sounds awesome. I want a lipstick/gloss/chubby pencil GPS thing!!!
sigh.gif

Leven

For some reason I envision these as being like, Slimshines Version 2.0

Which TBH for me, a fan of lipsticks with intense pigment and opaque coverage, is kinda meh. Oh well, i guess I can at last look forward to a pretty promo image =]

rockin

I like lipsticks with a sheen rather than a glossy finish to them, and not too opaque, so I'm hoping this might be up my alley.

There are 'chubby pencil' shiny lipsticks about, Barry M make some I think, but I haven't tried them yet. Reviews have been good, though.

User38

the technology for these products is moving fast and furiously trying to beat out the competition... please don't hold any prejudice for this collex.. it will be exciting to see the transition of the lipstick as we know it
thud.gif

liba

the technology for these products is moving fast and furiously trying to beat out the competition... please don't hold any prejudice for this collex.. it will be exciting to see the transition of the lipstick as we know it
thud.gif
I love all the new tech - it's all more flattering, makes life easier and in the long run, cheaper for the consumer, since one product can now do the work of 2, 3 or even 4 separate ones.

Still, you've got to bring the rich, gorgeous, innovative colors - it IS makeup after all. But that's why I love MAC, compared to so many of the luxury lines that play it safe. Not to mention, since they hire people with taste and smarts like you, Ms. Pink Pants, to tell 'em what's what!
goodjob.gif

peachsuns

thud.gif

New technology sounds always exciting! Thank you, HerGreyness!

LMD84

thud.gif

oh ok then! i shall hold tight for more info! lets hope they are nothing like slimshines then! hee hee!

Marjolaine

Oh, I am a huge fan of slimshines, in fact I collect them whenever I find one nowadays. I'd looove to see some new technology lipsticks that resemble slimshines! If it is so, I might even forgive mac for discontinuing my dear slimshines
girlhaha.gif

queen_kitty

I saw an ad for the new Clinique chubby sticks (or something like that) and I wonder if they will be sort of like that? They look rather interesting! They were described in the ad as a glossy, sheer, and moisturizing color, I believe

Status
Not open for further replies.