MAC - Shop Shop Shop / Cook Cook Cook discussion

Alisha1

Quote: Originally Posted by SNJx

Does anyone know when this collection will be available in th UK? What date in March? So excited, definitely getting Watch me simmer lipstick, naughty saute lipstick, call me bubbles quad and not sure which tendertone yet. Quite like the look of purring!

Quote: Originally Posted by MrsB

Am I right in thinking this and Vera will launch on 1st of March in the UK as this is the first Thursday of the month? Or will it launch 6th online, the first Tuesday, then 9th in store? I'm confused!
And I definitely need to plan as this collex. is gonna cost me both arms and both legs:eyelove:
So far my list is
Innocence, Beware l/s
Naughty Sauté l/s
Enchantee l/c
Woo Me l/c
Hush, Hush t/t
Florida c/b
Colour Added Quad...
Then there's what I need from Vera....oh my!

We should get the collection on the 1st of March :) Must start saving I want sooo much!

Mac-Guy

[h=1]Do not link photos or reviews to other discussion forums or blogs without my explicit permission! If you obtain permission to (re)publish content and/or information obtained from this resource, please link & credit appropriately.
heart.gif
Stealing and/or plagiarism isn't cool, the content author appreciates it!
[/h]

The Cremeblend blushes are gorgeous, though I prefer the formula that was released with Surf Baby. The two SB blushettes (Bound for Love and Barbara Ann) are similar in color to Optimistic Orange and Restores Dazzle, but the blushettes are slightly more sheer, which makes them more wearable for my liking. I also prefer the twist-up style packaging of the blushettes as the product is unlikely to dry out as fast as they do with the Cremeblends. However, if you have missed the blushettes, these new blushes are a great alternative, especially if you have drier skin. I find them nourishing, but they are not as dewy as the blushettes.

peachsuns

Thank you, thank you, thank you, angieangel!
th_worship.gif

I'm so happy that Watch me simmer is not a pure orange! I guess it's back on my list.
greengrin.gif

I swatched Watch me simmer under natural lighting this time, it's definitely not a pure orange. It looks very similar to vegas volt, just a smidgen of pink to it.

From Left to right: Watch me simmer, Vegas Volt, and Impassioned.

Mac-Guy

[h=1]Do not link photos or reviews to other discussion forums or blogs without my explicit permission! If you obtain permission to (re)publish content and/or information obtained from this resource, please link & credit appropriately.
heart.gif
[/h]

I don't wear bright l/s, thus I won't give an in-depth review, but these colors are simply awesome. If you like Flamingo, but want a true-to-pan color, go for Watch Me Simmer. This one will fly off the shelves.

Mac-Guy

heart.gif
[/h]

We all know the KLC's, so no need to explain them. :)

Mac-Guy

heart.gif
[/h]
Call Me Bubbles is my personal favorite from this collection that gets the pool position right next to Spiced Chocolate and Leopard Luxe, but it's more Spring-like and brighter. Simply delicious. If you have blue eyes, this is a must-have as it makes your eyes pop pop pop.

PS: If time allows, I will provide a more in-depth description of the colors, but they all swatched exceptionally well.

peachsuns

Thank you so much for the swatches, Mac-Guy!
th_worship.gif

I love how Quick Sizzle looks on you! Lovely! Any idea if the color is close to Fusion Pink?
tong.gif

Mac-Guy

heart.gif
[/h]

Shop & Drop was not for me, though Hypnotizing is a gorgeous taupe. Sugar Snack was a bit chalky on me - though it was well pigmented and I am sure that a thorough blending would eliminate any chalkiness. Power Boosted is a great violet, but it is on the sheerer side of the VP finish. Shop & Drop pulled more dark grey with blue hues on me (that's not surprising on NW skin though). While I like the quad, it did not call me name - or at least, it did not call loud enough.
cutey.gif

Mac-Guy

heart.gif
[/h]

Al Fredo n/p on a pinkish NW complexion is interesting - to say the least. The formula is more on the watery side causing it to run immediately into the nail bed. But I am sure a skilled n/p can work around that issue. It is also not as opaque as I expected a creme finish, but opaqueness can be achieved with double or triple layers. I think this will look gorgeous on tanned beauties or WOC.

Prettypackages

Just got back from my event too. Unfortunately my swatches smudged off on my sweater. :/

To make sure I stayed good I didn't even look at the quads, just the lippies. I tried on a tendertone but the MUA put WAY too much on me, and the fruity scent/taste was a big NO. I have a very sensitive sense of smell (and taste) thanks to perfume collecting so...yeah. Too bad, I liked the look of Hush, Hush when it wasn't so globbed onto me.

-Viva Glam Nicki was a FLUORESCENT bubblegum pink, no coral whatsoever. Kudos to whoever can pull this off, I certainly couldn't.
-Dish It Up looked like a slightly lighter Up the Amp, which I swapped away so nope.
-Runaway Red wasn't as blue as I feared, and made a nice classic pinup red. Purchased.
-Watch Me Simmer is a pretty coral/orange pink, so I bought it. Too bad when I got home I realized it looks EXACTLY like Chanel's Hyde Park, HP being slightly deeper/more pink.
-I didn't bother swatching Quick Sizzle because I could tell by the tube it was a twin (or at most close cousin) to Show Orchid.

My store verified that I couldn't B2M for these (Boo!) so I picked up Diamond Dove and Pillow Talk. Last ones too. They must have a weird new B2M procedure as I realized when I got home they weren't in boxes.

I must be spoiled off other MU companies' lippies (especially Chanel), and/or my sense of smell/taste is indeed hypersensitive as all MAC lippies now taste like wax on my lips. I think these will be the last MAC lippies I buy ever as the taste is pretty hard for me to tolerate.

I noticed that with the creme sheens (?) in the tube that came out last winter, Dior came out with their new lipgloss/lipstick combo and I couldn't wear any of them anymore.

2browneyes

heart.gif
[/h]

Al Fredo n/p on a pinkish NW complexion is interesting - to say the least. The formula is more on the watery side causing it to run immediately into the nail bed. But I am sure a skilled n/p can work around that issue. It is also not as opaque as I expected a creme finish, but opaqueness can be achieved with double or triple layers. I think this will look gorgeous on tanned beauties or WOC.
I think I'll have to give it a try :) Thx

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks very much for all the swatches and reviews! I can't wait to see this in person, because there seem to be so many mixed reports on how the palettes swatch. I'm now wondering about Watch Me Simmer, as I have both Vegas Volt and Toxic Tale, which seem to be in the same family. I guess I'll decide when I swatch it in person.

Mac-Guy

Thanks very much for all the swatches and reviews! I can't wait to see this in person, because there seem to be so many mixed reports on how the palettes swatch. I'm now wondering about Watch Me Simmer, as I have both Vegas Volt and Toxic Tale, which seem to be in the same family. I guess I'll decide when I swatch it in person.

So much will depend on your lip pigmentation, but something tells me that you will end up with WMS.

NessaMBaby

Hey Mac guy,tnx so much for taking the time to show swatches on here,I was wondering is woo me klc similar to any of macs lipsticks like in color? I'm curious to try,I'm nc20 though and I dnt really like how beige glosses look on me,I prefer a lil nit on pink or peach in it. Ty. So much. Xoxo