MAC - Shop Shop Shop / Cook Cook Cook discussion

makeupgrrl

Hey lovelies,well i just made an appt for this fri noon on the 10th for a full face at the event .I was wondering if we are allowed bring someone and if so,does that person have to spend a minimum as well? I wish I cld see more watches,btw . Is the nicki viva glam lipstick supposed to be out that weekend as well?
If she is getting her makeup done then there most likely will be a minimum purchase for her too. Especially for an event...because so many other people would spend the minimum to get their makeup done.

Mac-Guy

We always can hope for them to be permeant.
eyelove.gif

GlamQueen21

Posted swatches in the Product Swatch thread. The tendertones will be backed up for sure! I have used Tread Gently and Hush Hush and they are amazing!!!

Christy0188

I think that watch me simmer lipstick will get sold out quickly!! I'm preordering tonight I hate the word "SOLD OUT" lol !

BabysOnFire

I can't seem to decide on a final list, I'm so impatient for more swatches! For some reason I seem to need about a million of them before I choose, haha. Thanks so much to everyone who attended the events and provided pictures/descriptions, you're a huge help! If anyone is interested, I have some swatches and comparisons of the repromoted items on my blog. I'll post pics of everything in the swatch thread here and on my blog (both repromotes and the new stuff) once I make my purchase!

sweetbabyblue

I can't seem to decide on a final list, I'm so impatient for more swatches! For some reason I seem to need about a million of them before I choose, haha. Thanks so much to everyone who attended the events and provided pictures/descriptions, you're a huge help! If anyone is interested, I have some swatches and comparisons of the repromoted items on my blog. I'll post pics of everything in the swatch thread here and on my blog (both repromotes and the new stuff) once I make my purchase!

Thanks for the comparisons! I was wondering how Flaunting it compared with Illamasqua's Move.

BabysOnFire

Thanks for the comparisons! I was wondering how Flaunting it compared with Illamasqua's Move.

No problem! :) Please excuse the mess of the blog, it's brand new and not very polished yet (I just wanted to get swatches up for anyone looking to decide ahead of time). I find that the two are definitely not dupes, more like "cousins". Flaunting it is darker and more on the purple side whereas Move is more pink/rosy. Both are very pretty, though!

iheartangE

So far I've ended up with:

Call Me Bubbles quad
Colour Added quad
Runway Red lipstick
Quick Sizzle lipstick
Tread Gently tendertone
Hush, Hush tendertone
Hot and Saucy tendertone
Purring tendertone

I'm going to wait until I actually get my hands on the Tendertones coming for me in the mail before I decide about getting any back-ups. I have 5 from the last launch and I want to make sure the formula is still the same (and see which ones I end up using most often)...I can't wait to get the rest of my goodies!! This collection is so exciting :)

princess sarah

My final list has been ordered and closed off at -

Tread Gently Tendertone
Colour Added Quad
Watch Me Shimmer Lipstick

Now i am walking away from the collection.... before mac eats my purse

duckrodeo

I just picked up craving this weekend and the pictures of dish it up seem really close!

Hmm. I have not seen Dish It Up in person but I own Craving and I think they look completely different. I would describe Craving as a mauve pinky berry color. Dish It Up from pictures and swatches alone looks like a really toned down sheer version of Rebel - a more purple or blue-based mauve tone. Also, Craving is an amplified finish and is opaque whereas Dish It Up is a lustre, so it's very sheer and more luminescent or shimmery.

peachsuns

Thank you so much for all the reviews and swatches! Hope all the Specktrattes who went to the event had a great time. I cannot imagine making a purchase decision without you guys!
bouquet.gif

BabysOnFire, you look gorgeous! And thank you for the great swatches! I loved the comparison between Innocence, Beware!, The Faerie Glen, and A Perfect Day. I have both The Faerie Glen and A Perfect Day. Do I need Innocence, Beware!? Haha. I have very pigmented lips. I'm wondering if Innocence, Beware! might be too light for my lips.
sigh.gif

Any thoughts on Watch Me Simmer, girls?
cutey.gif

Kalavn

I'm actually not sure how if this is replying to the thread or the post I'm trying to reply to but I figured Id try. To Eidetica, you are amazing and insightful, you should teach on women's history and interpretation of pop culture if you don't already. I agree the collection is beautiful and I found the lovely promo pictures very tongue in cheek :)