MAC - Sized to Go Discussion

Mac-Guy

Yeah, MAC finally added Sized to Go to the website. I just ordered a travel-size Fix+. That's a great way to try out some products if you don't want to commit to the full-size version. I just wish they had offered a real travel-size for their wipes. I don't need 30 wipes for a long w/e. I would rather prefer a smaller size that fits easily into my beauty case.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Free standard shipping offer is valid through 11:59 pm EST THURSDAY, JUNE 9, 2011, code TRAVEL. [/FONT]

ansimi

I think this is great and the pricing isn't bad. I'm going to get the Fix+ because I want a smaller bottle and Strobe cream because I want to try it. If I find myself going on a trip and don't have small makeup remover handy then maybe I'll get one of the removers. I've never tried the Tranquil Cleanse Off.

I totally agree that an even smaller pack of wipes would be good. Or maybe a package that contained individually wrapped ones? I really try to travel minimally.

LMD84

if this comes to the uk i might get the small strobe cream because i have been wanting to try it for years! i just never bothered to get it because i'm not sure about what i'll think!

Mac-Guy

I totally agree that an even smaller pack of wipes would be good. Or maybe a package that contained individually wrapped ones? I really try to travel minimally.
Exactly! Individually wrapped wipes would be such a win. I wonder why they are called Demi Wipes? I don't think they are smaller in size...

ansimi

if this comes to the uk i might get the small strobe cream because i have been wanting to try it for years! i just never bothered to get it because i'm not sure about what i'll think!
I think you'll get it. I assume it's permanent and should be world-wide. Surely they'll be selling them at all their airport shops and if they're distributing them at those then why not in stores? Probably not at counters though.

I've been meaning to try Strobe Cream for years too! Now I will. I think it's a lot like an Estee Lauder product which I had once and liked.

Mac-Guy

Somehow, I can't seem to find the regular sizes - at least for some of the product - on the MAC website anymore. I hope it's just a glitch.

LMD84

I think you'll get it. I assume it's permanent and should be world-wide. Surely they'll be selling them at all their airport shops and if they're distributing them at those then why not in stores? Probably not at counters though.

I've been meaning to try Strobe Cream for years too! Now I will. I think it's a lot like an Estee Lauder product which I had once and liked.
yeah i think it will come to the uk - it is a great thing to have for the summer. i love getting mini items to take on holiday with me!

laylalovesmac

Ooh- I'm going to use my next vacay as an excuse to buy a few of these- they're adorable! Which ones does everyone recommend? What are your favorites that I have to try? (I don't know much about MAC's skin stuff.)

nuvit

Definetely give Fix+ and Strobe Cream a try !!
Ooh- I'm going to use my next vacay as an excuse to buy a few of these- they're adorable! Which ones does everyone recommend? What are your favorites that I have to try? (I don't know much about MAC's skin stuff.)

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I hope we get those travel sizes in Germany soon, I'd love to try the Strobe Cream. I love the idea of these mini sizes in general, since I have super sensitive skin. I can't even count all the products I've bought, got a horrible reaction from them after the first use, and then have them sitting in my bathroom unused. Now I very rarely buy anything that I didn't have a sample of before, so those minis come in very handy. (BTW I hate it when brands don't give out samples, even after you specifically asked for it and you are really interested in a certain product. Well, too bad for you, then my money is going to another brand that lets me try out a product before I spend like 40 Euros or so on it)
I do have Fix+, I like to apply it before my makeup, it moisturizes my very dry skin a little bit, and helps to not look cakey.

Mac-Guy

I hope we get those travel sizes in Germany soon, I'd love to try the Strobe Cream. I love the idea of these mini sizes in general, since I have super sensitive skin. I can't even count all the products I've bought, got a horrible reaction from them after the first use, and then have them sitting in my bathroom unused. Now I very rarely buy anything that I didn't have a sample of before, so those minis come in very handy. (BTW I hate it when brands don't give out samples, even after you specifically asked for it and you are really interested in a certain product. Well, too bad fot you, then my money is going to another brand that lets me try out a product before I spend like 40 Euros or so on it)
I do have Fix+, I like to apply it before my makeup, it moisturizes my very dry skin a little bit, and helps to not look cakey.
I'm sure Germany will get it soon, especially as you also got the Packed to Go collections. I'm not sure where in Germany you are based, but there is also a Duty Free MAC at the Frankfurt airport, where you will probably get the "to go" collections.

I am curious why you didn't get samples from you MAC counter in Germany. I received quite a few samples (filled up in sample jars) when I was visiting Germany. Admittedly, I had to ask twice and I also bought quite a few products. I hope they give you samples next time.

Haven

I may buy the travel size fix to carry in my purse. Other than that I will skip the rest.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I'm sure Germany will get it soon, especially as you also got the Packed to Go collections. I'm not sure where in Germany you are based, but there is also a Duty Free MAC at the Frankfurt airport, where you will probably get the "to go" collections.
I am curious why you didn't get samples from you MAC counter in Germany. I received quite a few samples (filled up in sample jars) when I was visiting Germany. Admittedly, I had to ask twice and I also bought quite a few products.
Oh no, I wasn't refering to MAC, but to some other brands I had this experience with :) I'm sure we'll get these minis, probably also online, maybe not at Douglas but the MAC site. We also have the Packed to Go sets now on the site. But they're quite pricey there.

Mac-Guy

Oh no, I wasn't refering to MAC, but to some other brands I had this experience with :) I'm sure we'll get these minis, probably also online, maybe not at Douglas but the MAC site. We also have the Packed to Go sets now on the site. But they're quite pricey there.
Oh o.k. this makes sense. Happy mini shopping.

laylalovesmac

I definitely will! I have Fix + Rose, but I sold it because I don't like the scent (I've always been sensitive to flowers, even though the Rose one smells pretty good). But, I will definitely have to try the mini Fix + since it's so hot where I live. I've been wanting to try Strobe Cream for a while, too. Forgive the newb question, but what is strobe cream used for?
cutey.gif