MAC So Reel / Reel Sexy discussion

duckrodeo

Thanks for finally having a swatch of reel sexy.

You're welcome! For me, it was definitely a color I had to try on to decide. It is so super bright on the arm swatch, but tones down so much on my lips. My lips are pretty pigmented as well, so that could be why.

BEEaboutmakeup

I've really only done make-up for proms and a few photo shoots for local wedding photographers (engagements shoots, etc). I don't have anything I can send in as proof, except for letters from the photographers/clients. Idk if that will be enough.

If you have a contract with the person you worked for and another piece of proof like a business card you should be good to go! A letter of recommendation from the photographer will be just fine. Before I worked for MAC, I actually worked for a photographer and she wrote my recommendation letter and of course I had business cards. Go for it! It's so worth it. The sessions at the PRO stores are a blast and you meet great people.

macgirl3121

=( Do you have the credentials to get the discount? You can also be a hairstylist or an esthetician and qualify for the discount.  The only difference is the percentage discounted on the products.  I had a PRO card prior to working for them. I actually plan on creating a post on my blog about how I got pro discounts with NARS, MUFE, Tarte, Origins, and Illamasqua.  I think it'll help out and make things a little easier.
I'm a nail tech and I have a pro card. Basically, beauty industry credentials get you a pro card. I think I'm going to order Heroine, a yet to be determined Creamsheen, Lovecloud & Modern Mandarin. I'll B2M for another lippie. I found a select cover up concealer on the ground today to add to my B2M stash.

peachsuns

Thank you so much for the swatch!!! Yes, finally the swatch of Reel Sexy!
heart.gif

I see it doesn't have any pink in it. Wondering if I can pull it off. Hmmm.

Could you post a lip swatch of Reel Sexy if you can? Pretty please?
bouquet.gif

I still cannot visualize how this light orange lipstick would look like on lips. LOL

Good to know! Thank you, missah!

kisou

My skin is around NC15 for reference.

:/

:\

This swatch makes me wanna reevaluate Reel Sexy--- for the worse! I'm kind of leaning more Pink Popcorn now! I'm about to get the new Sephora+Pantone lip set and I don't know if I need ANOTHER more blatant orange right now! I could use a pretty pink like Pink Popcorn!

Colorqueen

Went to a different Nordstrom counter and swatched some more colors and decided if I wanted to pick anything else up with the blushes. I was shocked and went for Reel Sexy because while it seems highlighter orange, it actually looks really complimentary on my lips. I think it will go really well with Confetti Plushglass from the Vera collection!

I also swatched Pink Popcorn, so I hope it is helpful! It does look more pink than purple, but it still does look a little purple....
The orange is Reel Sexy, then Heroine, then Pink Popcorn and the pink shade on the bottom is a Covergirl lipstick called Enchantress. I included that to show how relatively "un-pink" Pink Popcorn is, but that it is still pretty pink. It has a nice sheen to it! Pink Popcorn definitely looks way different than it does in the tube.

I also swatched Pink Cult and it was just like Pink Tea only a little darker (and matte, whereas PT is a satin). Both blushes sound okay for my skin in theory, but for some reason they didn't really add oomph to my face the way I had hoped. It just looked kind of drab on me. Magenta is close enough to blushes I already own so I'm skipping that, too. Heroine is similar to Violetta so I'm okay with skipping.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I was finally able to pick myself up off of my chair after two hours with my head on my desk trying to figure out how to get what I really wanted- and your swatches helped me a TON.

I ended up getting Pink Popcorn, Heroine, and Reel Sexy. Originally I was only going for the l/s but ended up caught up in the Extra Dimension SF frenzy - I have almost every MSF that ever came out and wear them every single time I put on any makeup. I am just hoping that these will serve me well and not be too over the top.

Anyway, back to Reel Sexy, these lipsticks are my favorite thing this year. I have waited so long for neons! WOO HOO!

Thanks again- that was SO helpful.

PixieDancer

Got a few more things from this collection than I originally had on my list...
AS USUAL!

Both Blushes: PC and Magenta
Reel Sexy
Heroine
Pink Popcorn

Some of the shadow duos look intriguing... that vp duochrome with the teal matte! It's on my maybe list... I wanna see some swatches.

Colorqueen

For whatever it is worth, the Pantone lip set- be careful. Some of these smell like fruit and taste like pure perfume- disgusting. I had to return it two times. Some of them have no scent and some have the icky horrid scent- it is all random, hit and miss in gloss and lipstick too. Some people have been lucky enough to get all scentless- most of them are mixed- some scent and some none.

Maybe it won't bother you, but it is as bad as the Milani gold container lipsticks.

And the Sephora orange is different than Reel Sexy too, I am thinking. Reel Sexy looks lighter and a touch more yellow maybe. It is hard to tell from the photos though.

Pink Popcorn looks so sheer- I hope it is not a disappointment. :)

The nice thing is I finally bought a lipstick mold, so if I really want to, I can change a color and re-mold it.

Sugar & Spice

I would get PP if it wasn't a luster and I decided against Reel Sexy because I know I won't reach for it much...so now I only have ED Sweet Heat e/s to pick up.

duckrodeo

Duckrodeo, do you think reel sexy will be flattering on darker skin tones? Say NW 45?

Yep! I think so! I was actually thinking that Reel Sexy would look absolutely stunning on WoC. Like I said before though, I think it's definitely a lipstick to try on and see for yourself. It's a striking color, but it is oddly flattering. With a sheer application, it is quite gorgeous, too, especially if you have more pigmented lips. I plan to wear it with Confetti plushglass from Vera and I was also thinking that it might look very pretty paired with Purring tt!

bstar

Any one have thoughts on which would make a better contour for NW10 out of Pink Cult and Pink Tea or should I wait for a product specifically described as a contour product?

Mac-Guy

Any one have thoughts on which would make a better contour for NW10 out of Pink Cult and Pink Tea or should I wait for a product specifically described as a contour product?

I'd go with Bone Beige Sculpting Powder. It will be a much better contour. Just order it from a Pro store or over the phone.

OctoberViolet

Tx for the swatches duckrodeo! I am loving Heroine, PP & Reel Sexy. I wish the MAC site would have this up already. I'm starting to get really impatient & pissed.
rant.gif

Has anyone purchased or swatched Cinestyle? I'm very curious about that beautiful periwinkle color. I'm wondering how it appears on the lips and/or skin?

Went to a different Nordstrom counter and swatched some more colors and decided if I wanted to pick anything else up with the blushes. I was shocked and went for Reel Sexy because while it seems highlighter orange, it actually looks really complimentary on my lips. I think it will go really well with Confetti Plushglass from the Vera collection!

I also swatched Pink Popcorn, so I hope it is helpful! It does look more pink than purple, but it still does look a little purple....
The orange is Reel Sexy, then Heroine, then Pink Popcorn and the pink shade on the bottom is a Covergirl lipstick called Enchantress. I included that to show how relatively "un-pink" Pink Popcorn is, but that it is still pretty pink. It has a nice sheen to it! Pink Popcorn definitely looks way different than it does in the tube.

I also swatched Pink Cult and it was just like Pink Tea only a little darker (and matte, whereas PT is a satin). Both blushes sound okay for my skin in theory, but for some reason they didn't really add oomph to my face the way I had hoped. It just looked kind of drab on me. Magenta is close enough to blushes I already own so I'm skipping that, too. Heroine is similar to Violetta so I'm okay with skipping.

Final List:
Reel Sexy
Pink Popcorn.

I'm totally in search of a liner to go with Reel Sexy. Somehow it kind of grays out my lip lines, and usually unless I need the color to stick around, I don't necessarily need a liner....Lasting Sensation is too pink. Hmmmmm. I will have to give it some thought to see what I come up with!

Btw, the peachy cremesheen glass (I can't recall the name of it at the moment...) looks amaaazing with Reel Sexy! If I wasn't going for a plumper lip look with the color, I would have picked it up because they go really well together.

Latest posts