MAC So Reel / Reel Sexy discussion

kisou

The nice thing is I finally bought a lipstick mold, so if I really want to, I can change a color and re-mold it.
Thanks for the tip on this :/

I have to go into Sephora and swatch everything to verify that I'm in love with the color, but if worse comes to worse, I'll just get the lipstick and forget the lip glosses!

As for Reel Sexy vs. Sephora+Pantone, I think Reel Sexy is definitely a little more yellow-- and dare I say, wearable (??!!). Sephora+Pantone's color would have to be applied as a stain... or with a lot of confidence. Even though Reel Sexy is darn loud, I agree with your assessment!

As for Pink Popcorn being too sheer-- I guess I can't win! I just want a pretty pink *_*

Cupcakekeek

Hi there! I am new to Spektra, and was wondering, does anyone know if the c/g Color Saturation look similar to the Daphne Guinness c/g Narcissus? I love all of the lippies in this line I just don't want to snag something similar to one I already have. With ALL of the lines coming out this year I am trying not to double up. Any thoughts would be of great help!

ALOHA!
heart.gif

purplerinne

Hi there! I am new to Spektra, and was wondering, does anyone know if the c/g Color Saturation look similar to the Daphne Guinness c/g Narcissus? I love all of the lippies in this line I just don't want to snag something similar to one I already have. With ALL of the lines coming out this year I am trying not to double up. Any thoughts would be of great help!

ALOHA!
heart.gif
sorry not close at all! CS looks like Rebel ans Narcissus is more purple toned. safe to say u can own both :)

Baby1black

possibly... i got heroine and pink popcorn but im battleing about reel sexy and watch me simmer... need more swatches. same with magenta blush... i wanna see it

You have to get watch me simmer. Bright lippies look amazing on u. I really have not seen reel sexy but someone mentioned it also really bright.

Colorqueen

You have to get watch me simmer. Bright lippies look amazing on u. I really have not seen reel sexy but someone mentioned it also really bright.

I totally love Watch Me Simmer. I can not wait to see Reel Sexy too. Of course, I have been wearing Violetta way back even since it's mother Stiletto came out YEARS ago. My favorite all time lipstick color. I was made for intense blues and purples- if they are the right tones, of course. But this year I am rockin the neon oranges- and loving every minute of it. I have waited a lifetime to get some neon orange lipsticks! FINALLY!

bstar

I'd go with Bone Beige Sculpting Powder. It will be a much better contour. Just order it from a Pro store or over the phone.
Brilliant! Thanks for the suggestion. I shall have to think whether there are any other items I need from Pro and place an order.

Edelmc

Any one have thoughts on which would make a better contour for NW10 out of Pink Cult and Pink Tea or should I wait for a product specifically described as a contour product?
I am nw10-15 and I use bone beige sculpting powder or strada blush to contour. They are very similar but your local store may have strada as it was released in a recent collection Does anybody know if heroine is similar to approaching storm from daphne Guinness?

martiangurll

Does anybody know if heroine is similar to approaching storm from daphne Guinness?

I have Approaching Storm and it looks like burgundy red, but heroine looks like Violetta (red toned violet) minus the metallic shimmer, so way more purple in the heroine and more burgundy/maroon for Approaching Storm

HTH

sss215

Went to a different Nordstrom counter and swatched some more colors and decided if I wanted to pick anything else up with the blushes. I was shocked and went for Reel Sexy because while it seems highlighter orange, it actually looks really complimentary on my lips. I think it will go really well with Confetti Plushglass from the Vera collection!

I also swatched Pink Popcorn, so I hope it is helpful! It does look more pink than purple, but it still does look a little purple....
The orange is Reel Sexy, then Heroine, then Pink Popcorn and the pink shade on the bottom is a Covergirl lipstick called Enchantress. I included that to show how relatively "un-pink" Pink Popcorn is, but that it is still pretty pink. It has a nice sheen to it! Pink Popcorn definitely looks way different than it does in the tube.

My skin is around NC15 for reference.

I also swatched Pink Cult and it was just like Pink Tea only a little darker (and matte, whereas PT is a satin). Both blushes sound okay for my skin in theory, but for some reason they didn't really add oomph to my face the way I had hoped. It just looked kind of drab on me. Magenta is close enough to blushes I already own so I'm skipping that, too. Heroine is similar to Violetta so I'm okay with skipping.

Final List:
Reel Sexy
Pink Popcorn.

I'm totally in search of a liner to go with Reel Sexy. Somehow it kind of grays out my lip lines, and usually unless I need the color to stick around, I don't necessarily need a liner....Lasting Sensation is too pink. Hmmmmm. I will have to give it some thought to see what I come up with!

Btw, the peachy cremesheen glass (I can't recall the name of it at the moment...) looks amaaazing with Reel Sexy! If I wasn't going for a plumper lip look with the color, I would have picked it up because they go really well together.
Heroine looks like a go! As long as its not too blue or cool toned i should say. I'm looking for lipsticks that will brighten me up, so hopefully, this one will. If so, its going to look amazing with a few glosses I own. I have Violetta and love it, but this looks different enough to me to haul. Plus the finish looks different on Violetta. This looks a little more flat. Reel Sexy looks pretty hot as well. Cant wait til next week.

looovemac

I got them today.. While I like reel sexy, I am not a fan of Pink Popcorn, it's too sheer for my lips.. I may have to play with it.. maybe mute my lips with myth before applying..
001_unsure.gif

Heroin, I don't know what to tell you since I never wore bright purple lipstick before, it looks kind of odd on me.. I took pictures and will upload as soon as my camera's battery charges.. Any tips to make Heroine work on light to medium skin? (I am between NC 25 and NC 30) I am certain that I will not wear it during the day.. but night time maybe :/

I like bright colors, I rock WMS, FOL, Quick Sizzle, etc... but Heroin is scaring me LoL

Shellcat

I received my goodies today.

I have Budding Love and Pink Popcorn... to me, they are quite alike, they both pull pink on my pigmented lips.
PP IS a few shades darker and maybe a smidge more purple...MAYBE...so I think it looks better on me. I might get Herione at the counter and tone it down a bit with a few swipes of PP on top.

Piarpreet

oh damn now i feel bad i didnt get it! hahahah i kinda skipped cos i got VG nicki

I totally love Watch Me Simmer. I can not wait to see Reel Sexy too. Of course, I have been wearing Violetta way back even since it's mother Stiletto came out YEARS ago. My favorite all time lipstick color. I was made for intense blues and purples- if they are the right tones, of course. But this year I am rockin the neon oranges- and loving every minute of it. I have waited a lifetime to get some neon orange lipsticks! FINALLY!

Latest posts