MAC So Reel / Reel Sexy discussion

Sequinzombie

I got them today.. While I like reel sexy, I am not a fan of Pink Popcorn, it's too sheer for my lips.. I may have to play with it.. maybe mute my lips with myth before applying..
001_unsure.gif

Heroin, I don't know what to tell you since I never wore bright purple lipstick before, it looks kind of odd on me.. I took pictures and will upload as soon as my camera's battery charges.. Any tips to make Heroine work on light to medium skin? (I am between NC 25 and NC 30) I am certain that I will not wear it during the day.. but night time maybe :/

I like bright colors, I rock WMS, FOL, Quick Sizzle, etc... but Heroin is scaring me LoL

confidence lol but try it with a clean eyeliner look? That way all the focus is on the purple lips. I rock dark lips with crazy smokey eyes all the time.

Sugar & Spice

Yep I liked Violetta but the shimmer made it not wearable for me and seasoned plum was too dark for me as well. So I really think Heroine is that perfect in the middle purple. Its bright but not heavily blue based which makes it somewhat flat in color but not loosing the "purple" if that makes sense. I was afraid of it so was going to skip however I'm even more afraid a purple like Heroine will not come around again especially in a matte finish. I usually don't get mattes because my lips are kind of dry but the new mattes are more forgiving.

BEEaboutmakeup

I'm a nail tech and I have a pro card. Basically, beauty industry credentials get you a pro card. I think I'm going to order Heroine, a yet to be determined Creamsheen, Lovecloud & Modern Mandarin. I'll B2M for another lippie. I found a select cover up concealer on the ground today to add to my B2M stash.

Exactly. I try to inform people that you don't have to be a makeup artist in order to get discounts. The company just wants proof of your work in one of the categories of beauty. Tomorrow, I'm ordering all 4 l/s and all 4 cremesheen glasses. I also want the magenta blush. I'm so glad PRO members get the collection early. lol

lyseD

Yes, it has jumped onto my list. I kept telling myself, "you don't need more orange lipsticks, you don't need more orange lipsticks." Then next thing I know the phone is in my hand and the lipstick is in the drawer at the counter waiting for me.
th_dunno.gif

reel sexy is lookin' REAL sexy! I really like the swatches I've seen

Piarpreet

I guess we will have to wait for blogger swatches. But I hope that is the case. Morange was very dark, bright but dark for my skin tone....and "someting" mandarin from sheen supreeme was too light lol

So is Reel Sexy a lighter version of Morange??

martiangurll

Maybe I am being too picky here, but I want a more blue based matte purple. I do like Heroine however. They need to just come out with a blue I can just layer over different pinks so I can make my own shade of purple...

Colorqueen

After Iris Apfel, I kept saying that all that was missing was a color like Violetta in a matte finish and my collection would be complete.

I am thrilled to know that this is it!!!!
clapping.gif

Colorqueen

You can mix your own with Lipmix- I have made an absolute dupe of Violetta using Fuchsia and a touch of blue Lipmix. I have a lip mold now so if I really want to change a lipstick color, I will melt it , add a bit of pigment and remold it so it is what I want.

TKB Trading has a really nice mold for a pretty good price.

Hard Candy has a nice blue holographic flake lip gloss that looks great over pinks and purples too. Can you get it where you are?

Maybe I am being too picky here, but I want a more blue based matte purple. I do like Heroine however. They need to just come out with a blue I can just layer over different pinks so I can make my own shade of purple...

martiangurll

I would rather do that than buy Lime Crime lippies. I could also get out some blue pigment and go to town, but I would need to take a spatula to some lipsticks. Well, why not, I have plenty of pinks? I bet I can get Hard Candy from Wally world...

Colorqueen

I would rather do that than buy Lime Crime lippies. I could also get out some blue pigment and go to town, but I would need to take a spatula to some lipsticks. Well, why not, I have plenty of pinks? I bet I can get Hard Candy from Wally world...
Lipmix is very cost effective (MAC Pro) and it takes a tiny little bit to turn it purple. Pigments are tricky- it takes a ton of them to make a single thing of lipstick. You can do it, but it does take a lot. TKB Trading has some stuff that is comparable and cheaper to add to lipsticks- even reflects glitter type stuff. (Not affiliated - just giving info)

You can get some really fun lipstick containers or use your MAC ones again if you want to. Then you can freak someone out by making them think it is a MAC lipstick. LOL (just kidding)

OctoberViolet

I'm with you martiangurll, fellow purple lover. Maybe we will get our wish later this year. I know I sound like a broken record, but if MAC would make Go For It as a matte, I'd be in heaven.
eyelove.gif

Jol0

I guess we will have to wait for blogger swatches. But I hope that is the case. Morange was very dark, bright but dark for my skin tone....and "someting" mandarin from sheen supreeme was too light lol

I bought four sheen supreme's last year....ehh I don't like the gloss effect. When I asked a Nordie's MUA...he said that Reel Sexy was the perfect mix of Morange and Vegas Volt...which is fine by me :)