MAC Studio Waterweight Foundation SPF 30 (Sep 2015)

laurennnxox

out of topic but I really wish mac had a customer/membership club thing (that is not their pro membership) on their own websites and stand-alone stores
crybaby.gif
Agreed! Then maybe i'd order directly from them more often.

msvluvsmac

It's being fulfilled from Wellington, FL. :) I almost cancelled and placed an oder from mac's website because I'll get it SOOO much faster. Good thing I remembered it was still triple points!! 
That triple points deal gets me every time too. I bought a bunch of fall makeup this weekend along with shoes, a pocketbook and boots. Nordstrom ate my wallet. Lol. I'm glad they were able to track down a brush for you.

laurennnxox

That triple points deal gets me every time too. I bought a bunch of fall makeup this weekend along with shoes, a pocketbook and boots. Nordstrom ate my wallet. Lol. I'm glad they were able to track down a brush for you.
Yep! I'm excited. I hope this works with a variety of my foundations, though.

I feel you on the triple points. Good thing I didn't realize that was going on... I'm trying to save save save for the holiday collection. I just dropped $55 on Colourpop to try out some throwback grungy colors without spending a lot of money in case I don't like them on me (annnnnnnnnd then I got six lippiestix and six liners....
ohboy.gif
) and also splurged on the 04 dark matte viseart palette and this brush! I need to go on a no buy for a month to recover from my spending lately. My wallet is cringing!

YarahFlower

Dang, I feel like Nordies just pulled a Macy's on me. I ordered the new MAC 196 brush and another 210 eye liner brush. Everything said it would be expected delivery on 9/26-9/30 with free shipping. I got my confirmation email, and it says the whole order is being delayed. CS is trying to tell me that my order will ship by 10/10 because it's going to ship from a store 6 hours from me. It didn't say anywhere that my items were backordered when I bought them. What a mess! lol! ETA: I had them cancel the 210 and it brought the estimated deliver time up to 9/29. Hopefully that's just an over-estimation! I really want to try the 196. :) 
Nordstrom JUST opened a new warehouse so a lot of orders have been delayed.

msvluvsmac

Yep! I'm excited. I hope this works with a variety of my foundations, though. I feel you on the triple points. Good thing I didn't realize that was going on... I'm trying to save save save for the holiday collection. I just dropped $55 on Colourpop to try out some throwback grungy colors without spending a lot of money in case I don't like them on me (annnnnnnnnd then I got six lippiestix and six liners....:eek:hboy: ) and also splurged on the 04 dark matte viseart palette and this brush! I need to go on a no buy for a month to recover from my spending lately. My wallet is cringing! 
:frenz:

Icecaramellatte

Dang, I feel like Nordies just pulled a Macy's on me. I ordered the new MAC 196 brush and another 210 eye liner brush. Everything said it would be expected delivery on 9/26-9/30 with free shipping. I got my confirmation email, and it says the whole order is being delayed. CS is trying to tell me that my order will ship by 10/10 because it's going to ship from a store 6 hours from me. It didn't say anywhere that my items were backordered when I bought them. What a mess! lol!

ETA: I had them cancel the 210 and it brought the estimated deliver time up to 9/29. Hopefully that's just an over-estimation! I really want to try the 196. :)
I had the same problem. I ordered the brush and foundation online at Bloomies and pick up in store. I get to the store and there is no foundation just the brush. I then check 2 other stores and they are out of the foundation too. The last store gave me two sample jars though.

laurennnxox

Nordstrom JUST opened a new warehouse so a lot of orders have been delayed.
Interesting! That's good to know :)

I got really excited because it says my package shipped.......... annnnnnd it was just my samples.
crybaby.gif
I should have had them cancel the samples when they cancelled the #210 brush so that I would only be waiting on one box-- with the foundation brush.

mel33t

I tried this on in store and I really really like it. She did give me a darker shade though. NW18 from 15.. I might exchange if I find it noticeably different but right now its not.

msvluvsmac

edit:
I had the same problem.  I ordered the brush and foundation online at Bloomies and pick up in store.  I get to the store and there is no foundation just the brush.  I then check 2 other stores and they are out of the foundation too.  The last store gave me two sample jars though.
What color are you getting?

YarahFlower

Interesting! That's good to know :) I got really excited because it says my package shipped.......... annnnnnd it was just my samples. :crybaby:  I should have had them cancel the samples when they cancelled the #210 brush so that I would only be waiting on one box-- with the foundation brush.
Awwww, sorry about that Lauren :( that bugs me so much!!!! So much so that I won't get samples unless they are really good, or something I'm extra curious about sampling! I HATE that they ship things separately! They are worse than Sephora sending small orders in HUGE boxes...at least nordies secure their merchandise better in their shipments. :hug: has your order shipped yet?

HeatherGrinnell

Been wearing the foundation all week. I like it better than my Armani Luminous Silk. I use my Prep + Prime loose powder to top it off and by the end of the day my face still looks really good. My nose and forehead area is not as oily as it is with my Armani.

Prettypackages

Been wearing the foundation all week. I like it better than my Armani Luminous Silk. I use my Prep + Prime loose powder to top it off and by the end of the day my face still looks really good. My nose and forehead area is not as oily as it is with my Armani.
oh wow, that's very cool! are you normally dry?

Monsy

Wearing it today and so far I like it. It is very thin almost like FB (which I HATE) but it blends so much nicer and looks 10 times better on skin. Coverage is light very very light. Somewhat buildable to not so light with 196 brush. I think brush is really must have in order to achieve any kind of coverage. Finish is beautiful it is like a second skin but healthy and glowy. I am not sure if this is good option for oily/combo skin. I am wearing it with a bit of MSFN on top and without a primer. I got NC20 and it's a perfect match (I am in between nc15 and nc20)

leonah

I got my sample today wohu going to try this soon. I only got one sample of nc25 since the MUA told me she thought nc30 would be too dark (and I'm kind of in between these two shades). but it looks darker than for example my old studio sculpt and almost the same but a tad lighter I think than my studio fix fluid in nc30 but not as yellow. hopefully this performs well! :D

Icecaramellatte

What color are you getting?
Probably NC44. I think it is a pinch light. It might be due to summer tan not fading all the way yet. I think I'll try the NC 45 to be sure but I think it will be too dark. In the mean time, I've been wearing a bit of bronzer with it.

cookiedoodledoo

I got mine last Friday, I usually wear NC20 but the SA matched me to NC15. I guess it doesn't differ that much since the coverage is light. I used it yesterday, applied it around 8am and by the time I took it off at around 10pm it's still quite intact with just very minimal fading (no touch ups, just blotting). I used a setting powder though but still it beats the lasting powers of the other foundies that I have considering that I use a setting powder whatever foundation it is that I'm wearing. I have oily skin and I do get breakouts occasionally but so far it didn't irritate my skin nor did it make me oilier than usual (I live in a tropical country btw!) Sweat and humidity are no match for this one! It looks natural as well since I used it for school and one of my classmates complimented my skin that day saying I looked radiant. This is my HG so far! Face and Body is sheerer and more dewy in terms of finish compared to this one ;) Definitely exceeded my expectations!
yahoo.gif

cookiedoodledoo

I found the best way for me to get the most coverage is to apply it to my face with my fingers, spread it around like I was putting on a clay mask but not rubbing. Basically I want to cover most of my face with it by spreading out the dots. I then take a dense flat top and PRESS into the skin, I don't buff at all except down the neck and into my hairline. Lastly, I get a dot or two and tap my fingers over any spots that still need covering, eventually moving out and tapping all over the face. I swear it looks sooo gooodddd and one with your skin, I got 2 compliments on my "beautiful skin" today
greengrin.gif
very pleased so far because after I set it with my msf, it lasted 8 hrs on my oily skin before I had to blot
greengrin.gif
Hi! I also applied it like that but I did use a diff concealer to spot-conceal then set it with a no color powder :) Lasted a good 10hrs on me w/ minimal fading, used a blotting paper to blot mid day but there's no patchiness whatsoever! It's also very humid here and I do sweat a lot but it still looked good by the end of the day!
eyelove.gif

Latest posts