MAC Studio Waterweight Foundation SPF 30 (Sep 2015)

jesesims

Is it absolutely necessary to buy the brush? I picked up the foundation a couple weeks ago and I do really like but I've been eyeing the brush like a hawk. I don't want to splash out on it if it's not worth it.

leonah

Is it absolutely necessary to buy the brush? I picked up the foundation a couple weeks ago and I do really like but I've been eyeing the brush like a hawk. I don't want to splash out on it if it's not worth it.
yes I like it a lot. and I don't have anything like it so it's a welcome addition to my brush family

poodle649

I have been loving the foundation jusy fine without the new brush. I have a pretty dense flat topped brush I've been using with it. Since I've bought a lot of brushes over the past few months I didn't want to splurge on it, but if you can I would! Felt great in store. Just not unique enough for me to jump at.

Sarah Townsend

I bought the foundation in nw20, and have been wearing it consistently for 2 weeks. I love that it's a little more velvety than face and body, slightly matter but still dewy enough for me. I am moisturizing the crap out of my skin so I'm ready for winter, and it's working beautifully. I love a more matte look for fall, it just looks better with fall lipsticks and eyemakeup. I am a fingers or beauty blender girl, and so far, think that's working, I may buy the brush when I buy my second bottle. I heard that it's magic set with msfn, but my pan has gone missing, so I haven't tried it.

NaomiH

out of topic but I really wish mac had a customer/membership club thing (that is not their pro membership) on their own websites and stand-alone stores :crybaby:  
That'd be nice. I also wish they were on ebates.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Finally got the 196 brush. To be honest, I don't like it as much as I thought I would, it is not as soft as I expected. It gives more coverage than the Shiseido foundation brush, but still I think I prefer that one. The 196 just doesn't feel as comfortable on my skin so I don't think it's a keeper. Especially since the Shiseido was around €25 and this is €45.

NaturallyUrs

Finally got the 196 brush. To be honest, I don't like it as much as I thought I would, it is not as soft as I expected. It gives more coverage than the Shiseido foundation brush, but still I think I prefer that one. The 196 just doesn't feel as comfortable on my skin so I don't think it's a keeper. Especially since the Shiseido was around €25 and this is €45. 
I was just about to ask about the brush. I got mached for Nw50 and I like it a lot! But I'm having trouble finding the perfect application. I feel like using my faux beauty blender I'm wasting the product... Like the sponge is taking up more of the product then it being on my face (which is saying a lot since I only use at Mac 2-3 droplets of foundation) Is a flat top brush the best way to go with this foundation?

SleepingBeauty

I bought the foundation on Monday and have been wearing it ever since. I'm not overly impressed with it, to be honest. I have dry skin and the foundation emphasizes the dry patches on my nose.

Yazmin

The brush is amazing, IMO! I've only used it with my EL Doublewear, and it applies and blends like a dream. Usually, I'd blend some more with my beauty blender, but I haven't had to when using this brush. Definitely money well spent!

shimmygirl

Haven't bought anything new from Mac since the Bao Bao Wan....anyways I thought this new foundation sounds good...only mac foundation I have is the face and body (C5)...got a sample from the store yesterday...I was given nc40....I like that I don't feel it but I wish it has a little bit more coverage...sure ain't as runny as f&b though...
98004827_image.jpeg

MRV

I've been wearing my NC25 for a few weeks and I like it over Strobe (and under MSFN). I'm used to dewyness, so it's good in that respect.

NaturallyUrs

Haven't bought anything new from Mac since the Bao Bao Wan....anyways I thought this new foundation sounds good...only mac foundation I have is the face and body (C5)...got a sample from the store yesterday...I was given nc40....I like that I don't feel it but I wish it has a little bit more coverage...sure ain't as runny as f&b though...
98004827_image.jpeg
I think you look gorgeous!

NaturallyUrs

Quote:Originally Posted by NaturallyUrs

I was just about to ask about the brush.

I got mached for Nw50 and I like it a lot! But I'm having trouble finding the perfect application.

I feel like using my faux beauty blender I'm wasting the product... Like the sponge is taking up more of the product then it being on my face (which is saying a lot since I only use at Mac 2-3 droplets of foundation)

Is a flat top brush the best way to go with this foundation?

I would say yes, but it doesn't have to be this one.
It does give good coverage though and due to its density it doesn't take up a lot of product, to me it just doesn't feel as gentle on my skin as I'd like. I think I'll get the Marc Jacobs Face III or the largest Hakuhodo foundation brush instead, although the latter is $72 plus shipping so I'll probably opt for the MJ. Chanel has a new flat top one as well.
Ah! Thanks for your input!

Latest posts