MAC Studio Waterweight Foundation SPF 30 (Sep 2015)

MRV

This is great! I got a sample in NC20 to start with, and I've been wearing it yesterday and today. Yesterday I forgot to put MSFN over the foundation but it still looked fine all day, gym included.

Colourwise it's a good match. I think it's lighter than the few Mac foundations I have used (PLW NC20, F&B C2), but it also goes well with my neck which is lighter than my face. Recently I've been using some BB creams in medium that have been too dark/tan for me because the shade in light has not been available (looking at you Shiseido!) or I've received some GWPs.

I have a very dry skin so I'm using oils all the time and everywhere, under this foundation, too. This might give me a little more dewyness, but I'd say that the look is about the same as I have gotten with other light cremes + MSFN.

I'm using MSFN today, and I'd say that there's a bit more coverage than with a BB or F&B. I think it's a good coverage for more mature skin. At least I don't want anything heavy or powdery, but something more natural and skin-like as this.

leonah

tried the new brush today and I must say I really like it! have never used this type of brush before so I was very excited. tried it with studio fix fluid since it was the only one I had that was the appropriate color for me now after the summer :) looking forward to use it with the new foundation later

lyseD

tried the new brush today and I must say I really like it! have never used this type of brush before so I was very excited. tried it with studio fix fluid since it was the only one I had that was the appropriate color for me now after the summer :) looking forward to use it with the new foundation later
My SA used the brush on me today when she was matching me to the new formula. She seemed to mostly be tapping it in to my skin rather than buffing. I don't think I'll get the brush, two MAC people have told me the 130 works well if you press not buff, and I also heard a beauty blender works well.

sdsamler

29c9a7af_image.jpeg
Got matches to NC25 and the sa used the new brush by patting it in instead of buffing and that really gave me a good amount of coverage, with a thin second layer on my acne scars/hyperpigmentation. It's pretty lightweight but I def feel pretty oily.....but not a gross oily, like I would normally get, but a dewy oily lol the sa half half heartedly tapped some msf on my nose and forehead but in real life, I would power the hell outta it lol but it looks nice, so I got it :p

Yazmin

Got matches to NC25 and the sa used the new brush by patting it in instead of buffing and that really gave me a good amount of coverage, with a thin second layer on my acne scars/hyperpigmentation. It's pretty lightweight but I def feel pretty oily.....but not a gross oily, like I would normally get, but a dewy oily lol the sa half half heartedly tapped some msf on my nose and forehead but in real life, I would power the hell outta it lol but it looks nice, so I got it
tong.gif
Looks great! I plan to get a sample of this soon!

Yazmin

I really liked how it felt on the skin and ended up buying the last NC50 the store had. Also picked up the brush as well.

Monsy

I would buy this brush even without a foundation. I have similar or the same concept from lancome and dior and they were life changing when it comes to applying foundation and getting full coverage. 130 absolutely can not replace it nor it gives the same amount of coverage.
buffing in circle technique doesn't really work with this kind of a brush
can't wait to receive mine tomorrow

YarahFlower

I would buy this brush even without a foundation. I have similar or the same concept from lancome and dior and they were life changing when it comes to applying foundation and getting full coverage. 130 absolutely can not replace it nor it gives the same amount of coverage.  buffing in circle technique doesn't really work with this kind of a brush can't wait to receive mine tomorrow 
:agree:

Yazmin

I wouldn't try to buff in my foundation with this brush using circle motions either. Not sure why MAC would suggest it.

msvluvsmac

I tried NC50 in store and by the time I left the mall it turned orange. I really like the foundation and brush but now I'm not sure which shade to get. :sigh:

lyseD

I would buy this brush even without a foundation. I have similar or the same concept from lancome and dior and they were life changing when it comes to applying foundation and getting full coverage. 130 absolutely can not replace it nor it gives the same amount of coverage.
buffing in circle technique doesn't really work with this kind of a brush
can't wait to receive mine tomorrow
How will you use the brush? My SA told me buffing it would cause it to look streaky because of the consistency. Karen suggested a beauty blender.

Thank you.

YarahFlower

I bought a backup of the foundation and ordered the 196 brush after feeling it in person! It is amazing!!! It's bristles are very densely packed, but extremely soft at the same time. Both products are must haves IMO

sdsamler

I found the best way for me to get the most coverage is to apply it to my face with my fingers, spread it around like I was putting on a clay mask but not rubbing. Basically I want to cover most of my face with it by spreading out the dots. I then take a dense flat top and PRESS into the skin, I don't buff at all except down the neck and into my hairline. Lastly, I get a dot or two and tap my fingers over any spots that still need covering, eventually moving out and tapping all over the face. I swear it looks sooo gooodddd and one with your skin, I got 2 compliments on my "beautiful skin" today :D very pleased so far because after I set it with my msf, it lasted 8 hrs on my oily skin before I had to blot :D

MRV

I did not see the brush at the counter!? (They did not have any stand, maybe that's why.) Have to go and see.

leonah

how do you guys wash this brush? I washed mine yesterday and I was so afraid of water coming down in the handle so I was very careful.. good thing is it have not shed a single hair yet :)

lyseD

Love this foundation! My skin looks beautiful. I didn't buy the brush but used my Sigma F88 in the way the MA used the new brush on me and it worked wonderfully.