MAC Studio Waterweight Foundation SPF 30 (Sep 2015)

laurennnxox

It does run dark. Sorry for the bad pic quality but you can see the difference, Waterweight NW13 on the left, Studio Finish Concealer in NW15 on the right:

Can a pale girl get a matching foundation already, MAC?
sigh.gif

I don't think I'm a fan of that dropper packaging, it can get a little messy. I prefer a pump.
Amen! their shades are always too dark on me, or oxidize to me too dark on me. I do really like the lightest Ultra HD Shade Y205. It's perfect for me, and it's neutral enough to match my neck. I'm always matched as having pink undertones but I usually go neutral because my neck isn't pink at all so fair/pink foundations look like a mask on me.

lyseD

The studio waterweight and the brush are up on the Bay today and they still have free shipping with any order.

Code is SHIP.

lyseD

No
ohboy.gif

thank you for your answer!

but nooo now I have to go by the store to be matched instead of buying my regular nc25 online -.-
I have four MAC foundations and they are all different shades but all look good on me. I'll have to get colour matched too.

Anaphora

I have to go by the counter to get a new brow pencil today (I hate that the mechanical ones run out without warning!), so I'll check this out along with the new brush. I'll probably get the brush no matter what.

msvluvsmac

I didn't realize that they all were different. I've always used MAC mineralize foundation in NC50. This summer I switched up and tried the waterproof foundation and had to mix two shades to get the perfect match. I guess I'll be going in store to get matched up too.
001_unsure.gif

Prettypackages

It does run dark. Sorry for the bad pic quality but you can see the difference, Waterweight NW13 on the left, Studio Finish Concealer in NW15 on the right:

Can a pale girl get a matching foundation already, MAC?
sigh.gif

I don't think I'm a fan of that dropper packaging, it can get a little messy. I prefer a pump.
I feel for you. And MAC, can you make a foundation for us golden girls that isn't orange. By MAcKarrie's photos, NC44 look promising. I might go check these out today.

Monsy

Based on the swatch photo above shades look very close to any other mac foundation range

Prettypackages

Based on the swatch photo above shades look very close to any other mac foundation range
well, that sucks. I am glad they have a nc 44, they don't carry that in all of their lines. That's why I had to ask why was I excited they were coming out with another foundation. Their's just aren't the best for me.
I did love that prolongwear powder though. Just caused too many breakouts.

leonah

I just bought the brush online I will update when I get it :) although I don't have the foundation yet since I will probably need to go downtown first and check out the colors before I buy it just in case :/

NaomiH

I don't think my usual counter has this yet, I've been there twice since this past Thursday and didn't see a display for it. I suppose I may have missed it since I was mainly going for Vamplify glosses. Hmmm.

MRV

I think it really differs from tone to tone if it runs dark or not.

I'm NC15 and that was the best and most suitable match for me in a long time. A friend of mine is NC44 and also super happy with her match. Maybe only the NW shades run dark?
I just learned on my lunch break that this foundation is here! I will get samples. I will probably have to go with NC20 (my usual shade), but I was thinking of trying NC15, too.

NYCBeautyJunkie

Sooo, I stepped into the store today with a co-worker because she wanted to get color matched and I wanted to buy the new Lightful C sunscreen. NW47 is definitely lighter/more yellow than NW45 (which appeared to be VERY red); or at least it appears to be lighter because it's not as red. I already have NC50, which is a great match, but the MAC artist wanted to color test us both and I was curious.

The shades do run a bit lighter than other formulas, but they aren't the EXACT shade straight out of the bottle. She said they do dry down a bit differently (i.e., slightly darker I believe). My match was definitely NC50, with NW47 actually being a very close second; NC50 manages to look good with my tan and will easily carry me into the winter months when I get paler.

Forgot to come back last week and add that the foundation wore beautifully for the 9 hours I had it on. I was in air-conditioning for most of the day, so I intend on testing it again on a day when the humidity is high and I'll be out and about a lot.

Ernie

Saw these today, not for me, a bit too sheer, I use Studio Sculpt. And the nc15 was darker than in SS.