MAC Studio Waterweight Foundation SPF 30 (Sep 2015)

Honi

Releases on September 8th in Scandinavia. Just got like a 16 page document with info and interviews with R&D, Global Training, senior artists, directors etc. Think i'll read through it now!

Anneri

I'm very interested to hear how people are applying this - I'm to cheap to get the accompanying brush and I don't have anything similar like the Shiseido brush.
I guess a beauty blender would soak up to much product, so maybe fingers?

lyseD

I'm very interested to hear how people are applying this - I'm to cheap to get the accompanying brush and I don't have anything similar like the Shiseido brush.
I totally agree! I want the foundation but I am not paying $40 plus for a brush to apply it.

The manager at my store said the 130 was the next best one and worked well. I'll pick up a sample and try it with the 130 but if it doesn't look good I'm going to skip.

Seven Of Nine

The best application this foundation it's ... the brush 196 - really!
yes.gif

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I think fingers could work with this one, I used my fingers to apply it under my eyes. You just don't get much coverage that way so I'd still recommend a brush.
I'm really curious how it performs with the 196.

leonah

I think fingers could work with this one, I used my fingers to apply it under my eyes. You just don't get much coverage that way so I'd still recommend a brush.
thanks for your mini review :) good to know. I have the 130 brush already so don't know if I can or will purchase the 196 brush immediately.. hope it will work with that brush for now! I only want light (max medium) coverage anyways
peace2.gif

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
N12 should be released in the US also.
I think it was listed in the press info for Germany / Austria too, but was nowhere to be seen when it released. And I checked the UK site too, no N12 either. So I'm really curious if it will show up in the US.

NW13 is darker than the Studio Finish Concealer in NW15 BTW. I really don't get why there isn't a NW10 or N10.
noworry.gif

MRV

Quote: Originally Posted by Naynadine
First impression after wearing it for the last few hours: I like this formula a lot. It goes on very nicely and evenly, I used the Shiseido foundation brush. Makes skin feel satiny-smooth and feels very comfortable. I'd describe the coverage as light to medium, it gives a very natural finish. I have dry skin so my biggest concern is products emphasizing dry patches and fine lines, happy to report this doesn't (I applied this directly to my skin without any primer). You can apply a generous amount without it looking cakey.
The only downside for me is the shade, NW13 is a teeny tiny bit too dark, although I think I could wear it if it was pinker. Would love to try N12, that would probably be a good match.
I feel like people with dry and also mature skin will like this, not sure about oily skintypes.

Thank you for the review, Naynadine! Looks promising. I always use just finger to apply foundations and such cream products. I like the dropper, too.

patentg33k

I think it was listed in the press info for Germany / Austria too, but was nowhere to be seen when it released. And I checked the UK site too, no N12 either. So I'm really curious if it will show up in the US.

NW13 is darker than the Studio Finish Concealer in NW15 BTW. I really don't get why there isn't a NW10 or N10.
noworry.gif
Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't see either of the N shades on the US site.

https://www.maccosmetics.com/product/13847/37094/Products/Makeup/Face/Foundation/Studio-Waterweight-SPF-30-Foundation#/shade/NC45

By the way if anyone is buying online this is now up for sale on the US site (including the 196 brush).

RayannaBanana

So these run kind of dark? Does that mean NC15 would be darker or lighter then NW13? I wish MAC would just make NC13 & NC10. I've been wearing NW15 forever and it's always been a tiny bit too pink. NC15 sometimes works but usually ends up being a tad dark. Ugh. I have no idea which shade to get now. I really wanted to try N12.

leonah

Thank you for the review, Naynadine! Looks promising. I always use just finger to apply foundations and such cream products. I like the dropper, too.
yes I also like that it has a drop function instead of a pump for once so it's easier to drop just a little since I'm not a big foundation user and just want little coverage :D