MAC Studio Waterweight Foundation SPF 30 (Sep 2015)

Xina

I'm overly excited about this foundation. I had the opportunity to try it a couple of times during backstages and it is *amazing*. I think it will suit those with normal/combination but not too oily/dry skin. I'm a bit worried about colours, though. Where is NW15?? But since each foundation's range of colour is different I think I'll give a try to NC15/NW13/NW18 hoping to find my perfect match!

patentg33k

My MA told me this is coming out September 10th.

She also said they all loved it when they tried it at update.

The one thing she did say that kind of turned me off getting it was that it looks the best when applied with the new brush. She thought 130 applied it pretty well but the new brush helps you "push" it into your skin.

That's $80 for both!!! We'll see.
I wonder if other foundation brushes that you already own can buff foundation in the skin as well. The flat top of that brush looks like the Shiseido/ Bare Minerals type which have probably been duped by now.

patentg33k

They have NW20 but not NC20? I'll head to local counters, hoping NC15 works.

If this is wonderful they will expand the shade range at some point.

CrimsonQuill157

I'm overly excited about this foundation. I had the opportunity to try it a couple of times during backstages and it is *amazing*. I think it will suit those with normal/combination but not too oily/dry skin. I'm a bit worried about colours, though. Where is NW15?? But since each foundation's range of colour is different I think I'll give a try to NC15/NW13/NW18 hoping to find my perfect match!
Ugh. I'm desperate for a good foundation that doesn't flake on my dry skin.

Anaphora

Ugh. I'm desperate for a good foundation that doesn't flake on my dry skin.
Off topic a bit, but I've been having good luck with Lancome Teint Idole. Maybe try a sample? 100 Ivoire N is a good match for me being NW13, but there's one shade lighter if you need it! I think counters will give you a vial with a week's worth for free!

lyseD

My MA told me this is coming out September 10th.

She also said they all loved it when they tried it at update.

The one thing she did say that kind of turned me off getting it was that it looks the best when applied with the new brush. She thought 130 applied it pretty well but the new brush helps you "push" it into your skin.

That's $80 for both!!! We'll see.
I wonder if other foundation brushes that you already own can buff foundation in the skin as well. The flat top of that brush looks like the Shiseido/ Bare Minerals type which have probably been duped by now.
She said the 130 worked well but not as well as the new brush. I plan on getting a sample and using the 130, if I don't like it I'll continue with my Face and Body.

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
53d11bc5_image.jpeg
Pic by glamifysg.

CrimsonQuill157

Off topic a bit, but I've been having good luck with Lancome Teint Idole. Maybe try a sample? 100 Ivoire N is a good match for me being NW13, but there's one shade lighter if you need it! I think counters will give you a vial with a week's worth for free!
I'll have to look at this! I'm so tired of the Studio Fix Fluid looking super flaky within just a couple hours even when I moisturize before I put on my foundation.

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
More swatches by dominic_mua. He said, "It makes the skin look flawlessly radiant with a velvet touch without the sweat or tackiness."
6af67eef_image.jpeg

Monsy

SFF requires very moisturized skin and proper prepping . I am on the dryer side and when I wear moisturizing primer like Moisture infusion or even strobe cream, it never looks dry or flaky

CrimsonQuill157

SFF requires very moisturized skin and proper prepping . I am on the dryer side and when I wear moisturizing primer like Moisture infusion or even strobe cream, it never looks dry or flaky
I've tried it with strobe cream and got the same flakiness. Tried mixing it in with the foundation and applying it before foundation :( but I do have very dry skin.

Jayjayy

I got to try this out and I'm excited to get it when it comes out. Such a nice smooth and light finish.. They used it on many of the models and they looked flawless with a subtle but natural looking glow. Need.
I really, really respect that they actually test these products on models before throwing it out there for public consumption. Can't. Wait. To. Buy!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
This launched on the German MAC site today. But no N12! NW13 is the lightest shade we got. Now I'm wondering if N12 is Asia exclusive? I wanted to to order it, but now I'm not sure.

I can't wait to try this out! For the pros out there, do you think the NC42 will match the Pro Longwear NC42? I currently use that and it fits well. I'm NC44 for summer but by the time this comes out, it will be back to NC42!

ginski

I'm excited to try this, but does anyone know if this oxidizes? It's the one thing I hate about ud naked foundation, I love the lightweight nature of it but I'm reticent to try anything else.

Latest posts