MAC Studio Waterweight Foundation SPF 30 (Sep 2015)

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
yes I also like that it has a drop function instead of a pump for once so it's easier to drop just a little since I'm not a big foundation user and just want little coverage :D
I don't think I'm a fan of that dropper packaging, it can get a little messy. I prefer a pump.

leonah

It does run dark. Sorry for the bad pic quality but you can see the difference, Waterweight NW13 on the left, Studio Finish Concealer in NW15 on the right:

I don't think I'm a fan of that dropper packaging, it can get a little messy. I prefer a pump.

oh really? :( I'm actually excited to try this type of packaging, it will (probably?) get easier to drop on the 196 brush since it is flat

Seven Of Nine

I really adore my Waterweight
eyelove.gif
eyelove.gif
eyelove.gif
It's amazing foundation - with light glow and satin finish effect. It's just your skin but better
flower.gif

Anneri

It does run dark. Sorry for the bad pic quality but you can see the difference, Waterweight NW13 on the left, Studio Finish Concealer in NW15 on the right:

Can a pale girl get a matching foundation already, MAC?
sigh.gif

I think it really differs from tone to tone if it runs dark or not.

I'm NC15 and that was the best and most suitable match for me in a long time. A friend of mine is NC44 and also super happy with her match. Maybe only the NW shades run dark?

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I think it really differs from tone to tone if it runs dark or not.

I'm NC15 and that was the best and most suitable match for me in a long time. A friend of mine is NC44 and also super happy with her match. Maybe only the NW shades run dark?
Maybe! I'm glad you found a good match!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Thank you! Will you send yours back?
Yes, I will. Haven't tried a new foundation in ages, I had high hopes this would be the one for me. I guess I'm going to bite the bullet and order the lightest MUFE HD Ultra one soon.

NYCBeautyJunkie

Just got my Waterweight (NC50) and 159 brush; I swatched the foundation On my hand and the color seems to be good-- I was afraid it would be too light. Can't speak on behalf of whether the range runs light or dark, but NC50 APPEARS to be on point. Will have to see whether or not it oxidizes.

Consuela327

Im nc44 winter and nc45 when I get a tan. I wrote to a MAC artist and I was told to try NC40 for the winter and NC42 for the summer. I am a bit confused...

NYCBeautyJunkie

I still haven't actually worn the foundation (just swatched it on my hand and cheek), so I wonder if anyone who has worn it the distance knows whether or not it oxidizes?

I tanned like CRAZY this summer, so NC50 is a bit light, but not noticeably so that I look casket fresh or ashy. It will be especially perfect in the Fall to Winter and Spring months.

Is it just my eyes, or does NW47 look slightly lighter and more yellow than NW45? Could be the angle and lighting though. I'm just ecstatic the colors aren't like Prolongwear Nourishing. Summer or Winter, I will have to forever mix shades in that formula.

NYCBeautyJunkie

I'm back with my First Impressions: Something must be in the water at MAC this year, because I am REALLY liking this foundation! I've been wearing it for about an hour now and the finish is really lovely; satin with a soft, blurring effect that makes my skin look on point. I had written in my previous post that NC50 was a bit light for my tan right now, but it actually looks fine once set, and this is before and after adding my typical bronzer/contour and blush. Coverage is definitely light, but easily and beautifully build able-- how buildable, I'm not sure, since I have nowhere to go today and am wearing the foundation for testing purposes only. I will truly know how I feel about this foundation after letting it wear for several hours. Overall, I can see many loving this foundation-- I think MAC did an awesome job covering several bases for different skin types and coverage preferences when creating Studio Waterweight and Prolongwear Nourishing.

deadSAVVY

I'm back with my First Impressions: Something must be in the water at MAC this year, because I am REALLY liking this foundation! I've been wearing it for about an hour now and the finish is really lovely; satin with a soft, blurring effect that makes my skin look on point. I had written in my previous post that NC50 was a bit light for my tan right now, but it actually looks fine once set, and this is before and after adding my typical bronzer/contour and blush. Coverage is definitely light, but easily and beautifully build able-- how buildable, I'm not sure, since I have nowhere to go today and am wearing the foundation for testing purposes only. I will truly know how I feel about this foundation after letting it wear for several hours. Overall, I can see many loving this foundation-- I think MAC did an awesome job covering several bases for different skin types and coverage preferences when creating Studio Waterweight and Prolongwear Nourishing.
Thank you so much for your review! I've been wanting to try this foundation but needed someone to pull the trigger for me! Soft, satin, blurring effect- music to me ears :heart: hoping the wear time is decent! So far it sounds like a dream!

geeko

Ive tested this foundation NC15 on me and yea it pretty much stays the same on me (don't oxidise on me as i have more combi-dry skin)

My reviews on this foundation after trying it for a few days

If you have dry skin, i would still advice you to moisturise first before using this foundation. I am ecezma prone and on areas with the flaky skin, if i dun moisturise well, the flakiness would show up as compared to using Face and body and mineralized moisture foundation which are both much more hydrating on me

It does have oil control for sure coz my t-zone (which is usuallly the only oily / shiny part of my face) stays mostly matte through out the day as compared to me wearing mineralized moisture or Face and body. So it's suitable for people with combination oily skin

YEP it definitely smooths out the skin and fine lines and pores...nice texture

but for dehydrated skin, i would HIGLY HIGHLY advice moisturiser before this foundation. esp those with ecezma prone skin like me

Odelia

Thank you all so much for your reviews! I think I will try out the foundation next paycheck. Btw, does the brush make a difference?

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Ive tested this foundation NC15 on me and yea it pretty much stays the same on me (don't oxidise on me as i have more combi-dry skin)

My reviews on this foundation after trying it for a few days

If you have dry skin, i would still advice you to moisturise first before using this foundation. I am ecezma prone and on areas with the flaky skin, if i dun moisturise well, the flakiness would show up as compared to using Face and body and mineralized moisture foundation which are both much more hydrating on me

It does have oil control for sure coz my t-zone (which is usuallly the only oily / shiny part of my face) stays mostly matte through out the day as compared to me wearing mineralized moisture or Face and body. So it's suitable for people with combination oily skin

YEP it definitely smooths out the skin and fine lines and pores...nice texture

but for dehydrated skin, i would HIGLY HIGHLY advice moisturiser before this foundation. esp those with ecezma prone skin like me
Didn't oxidize on me either.

Shars

I still haven't actually worn the foundation (just swatched it on my hand and cheek), so I wonder if anyone who has worn it the distance knows whether or not it oxidizes?

I tanned like CRAZY this summer, so NC50 is a bit light, but not noticeably so that I look casket fresh or ashy. It will be especially perfect in the Fall to Winter and Spring months.

Is it just my eyes, or does NW47 look slightly lighter and more yellow than NW45? Could be the angle and lighting though. I'm just ecstatic the colors aren't like Prolongwear Nourishing. Summer or Winter, I will have to forever mix shades in that formula.
I noticed that, too. And NW43 is more red than NW45. I find it's usually the other way around with those 2 shades.

sdsamler

I really wanna try this but I still have my summer tan right now and am about an nc30.....but will pale back down to my normal nc20 by the end of the month lol so I don't wanna buy a tan color just to wear it a few weeks :/ but I hate waaaiitttiiinnngggg lol

justmedawnie

What's the difference between the face and body foundation and the waterweight? I don't want to waste money if they're both the same