liesierre

More than I originally planned but I got:

3 eyeshadow duos - not the one with the perm colors - I already have Retrospeck
Eclectic Edge and Restless lipglass
Fashion Nomad and Camden Chic mattenes
Local Ware f/l
2 green permanent Superslick eyeliners
Style Seeker nail polish

I was on the fence with Eclectic Edge, Fashion Nomad, Camden Chic and the nail polish. I'm loving orange this summer so I want to carry it into fall. I hope the gloss and mattene work. I've never tried Mattenes before so I'm a bit nervous. I hear they have a slight sheen though. Also, I feel like I probably have a dupe for the nail polish but I'm a nail polish junkie as well as makeup junkie. I just bought a stamping kit this week.

I'm so glad to get my hands on Performance Art. I was so bummed it wasn't release here before so I'm eager to get it.

Also, I'm not super excited about any of the upcoming collections. I may get the Marilyn shadows or skip it altogether. I may get some Office Hours stuff but hopefully there aren't many "have to have it now" products and I can take my time with that. I am waiting to hear more about these pressed pigments and the holiday collection. So other than these I'm not excited about upcoming Mac collections. I will be looking into other brands in the meantime.

I know many people aren't big on this collection but these are my colors!
pretty.gif
- especially for fall. So I'm
cheerleader.gif
don't worry about mattenes, they're a really nice formula...very lightweight and not too slick or too dry...

HoneyMilk

So tired... I grabbed supercontinental and local wares... But will prob pick up a few more things once I can think clearly! I must've checked the site map right before this was put up too.

liesierre

Thanks for posting, Liesierre! Is there a code for overnight shipping floating around?
no codes for overnight, but WINNER still works till the 19th for regular standard...

if you have less than $50... use the code and choose overnight and it will be $10.... second day is $5

Copperhead

That's interesting. I wonder why it says it's a Velvet on Allura's site.

Happy hauling everyone, can't wait to read everyones' reviews!
I don't know. I've never known MAC to have blushes in the velvet finish so when I saw someone post this I thought hey, maybe MAC has a new blush finish. LOL.

HoneyMilk

I probably shouldn't be asking this because then I'll be enabled but... if I have Hyperviolet Paint Pot do I need Dark Diversion Fluidline? I more than likely would only use DD the same way I'd use Hyperviolet anyway. Tina has swatches of both items on her blog and they're looking awfully similar imo.  http://thefancyface.blogspot.com/2011/09/mac-posh-paradise-collection-paintpots.html
This is the one and only time that I will say this: no, you don't need it! :)

Audrey C

I probably shouldn't be asking this because then I'll be enabled but... if I have Hyperviolet Paint Pot do I need Dark Diversion Fluidline? I more than likely would only use DD the same way I'd use Hyperviolet anyway.

Tina has swatches of both items on her blog and they're looking awfully similar imo.

http://thefancyface.blogspot.com/2011/09/mac-posh-paradise-collection-paintpots.html
I have both and they're nothing alike. I really prefer Dark Diversion - it's more work friendly.

EDIT: Sorry - I have MacroViolet! I have no idea what Hyperviolet looks like.

Jenrbelt

Thanks for posting, Liesierre! Is there a code for overnight shipping floating around?
Not sure which worked for me but had WINNER in there because I had some By Request items in my cart, but I removed those and used GLOW... ETA-Standard Shipping

Icecaramellatte

I probably shouldn't be asking this because then I'll be enabled but... if I have Hyperviolet Paint Pot do I need Dark Diversion Fluidline? I more than likely would only use DD the same way I'd use Hyperviolet anyway.

Tina has swatches of both items on her blog and they're looking awfully similar imo.

http://thefancyface.blogspot.com/2011/09/mac-posh-paradise-collection-paintpots.html
I was going to respond to you before and say yes but then when I read your post again I realized you were just going to use it as a base so I say no. If you were going to use it as an eyeliner than I would say get it but as a base I don't know how much of a color difference they would make. So NO don't get it.

Copperhead

I was going to respond to you before and say yes but then when I read your post again I realized you were just going to use it as a base so I say no. If you were going to use it as an eyeliner than I would say get it but as a base I don't know how much of a color difference they would make. So NO don't get it.
Thanks Icecaramellatte. I rarely ever used colored liners. I just love black liners.

liesierre

for anyone who is just tuning in... its up on the regular US site.
https://www.maccosmetics.com/whats_new/9384/New-Collections/Styleseeker/index.tmpl

code WINNER still works for standard shipping....possibly GLOW also.

Jenrbelt

More than I originally planned but I got: 3 eyeshadow duos - not the one with the perm colors - I already have Retrospeck Eclectic Edge and Restless lipglass Fashion Nomad and Camden Chic mattenes Local Ware f/l 2 green permanent Superslick eyeliners Style Seeker nail polish I was on the fence with Eclectic Edge, Fashion Nomad, Camden Chic and the nail polish.  I'm loving orange this summer so I want to carry it into fall.  I hope the gloss and mattene work.  I've never tried Mattenes before so I'm a bit nervous.  I hear they have a slight sheen though.  Also, I feel like I probably have a dupe for the nail polish but I'm a nail polish junkie as well as makeup junkie.  I just bought a stamping kit this week. I'm so glad to get my hands on Performance Art.  I was so bummed it wasn't release here before so I'm eager to get it. Also, I'm not super excited about any of the upcoming collections.  I may get the Marilyn shadows or skip it altogether.  I may get some Office Hours stuff but hopefully there aren't many "have to have it now" products and I can take my time with that.  I am waiting to hear more about these pressed pigments and the holiday collection. So other than these I'm not excited about upcoming Mac collections.  I will be looking into other brands in the meantime. I know many people aren't big on this collection but these are my colors! :pretty: - especially for fall.  So I'm :cheer:
Nice haul! Excited to hear your opinion of the eyeshadows. Marche aux puces is on my list, and I am still curious about On the Hunt. I want to see them in person or see more swatches to determine if I need one or both. Need Dark Diversion and Local Wares, but I will grab those at the store when I check out the eyeshadows and swatch the blushes. I am excited that this collection is your colors! I wonder about the gloss+mattene combo, too. It seems like putting a gloss over a matte defeats the purpose...but hey, if it looks good, it looks good!

Jenrbelt

Hubster will be super mad at me for this(paid with his card again lol) but I couldn't resist. And I got overnight shipping! Hidden Treasure Dark Diversion Restless More than I thought I would get but if anything else is getting bought it will be by me, but not until next month lol. Hopefully something will be around by then,
My hubby is going to freak if he notices another MAC charge on our debit :shock: my fingers are crossed that just this one more charge slips by him! I might have to grab a gift card at the grocery this week for more of my haul! LOL