MAC style seeker

kimibos

I ordered the stuff I didn't get at the event. I decided to go ahead and try my first mattene. Here's my total and final haul for Styleseeker:

Local Wares f/l x2
Dark Diversion f/l BU
Rich Ground f/l
Restless l/g x2
Ready to Roam l/g
Eclectic Edge l/g
Camden Chic mattene

I'm also not the biggest lipglass fan, but I couldn't resist these colors. A BU of Center of the Universe MSF also ended up in my cart. kimibos, love your nails.
thanks and nice haul!!

MissTT

I ordered Dark Diversion and Local Wares. Hopefully I can learn to apply it by watching videos or something. I ordered a gel liner from Sephora several months ago, but couldn't get the hang of applying it so I returned it. This time I'm going to practice and be more dedicated. I really love the look of gel/liquid liner.

liba

I ordered Dark Diversion and Local Wares. Hopefully I can learn to apply it by watching videos or something. I ordered a gel liner from Sephora several months ago, but couldn't get the hang of applying it so I returned it. This time I'm going to practice and be more dedicated. I really love the look of gel/liquid liner.
Most people use a slanted liner brush and just slap it on in one quick motion, but personally I prefer a very thin small liner brush so I can control my application carefully. There are also pointed liner brushes that aren't so thin that could be a sweet spot between ease and quickness AND control.

Sabriney

Hi guys newbie here! I ordered Fashion Nomad and Camden Chic mattene lipstick. Excited to try out the mattenes. I was tempted to order the new P+P Natural Radiance for my oily skin, but I didn't want to pay $40 and not like it. Did anyone try it yet?

Audrey C

MAC is getting rid of the 15 pan palette?
The 15 pan palette is 'sold out' (not out of stock) and so is the 6 pan blush palette. My guess is that the new palettes will appear on the site very shortly. The price has gone up incredibly; it's one thing to bump the price up a bit but this increase is insane. I wanted another 15 pan so I'll see if I can find one in a local store. Otherwise, I'll take the insert out of my 15 pan so I can store more e/s in there. There is no way I'm paying double to triple the cost of the 15 pan for essentially the same thing.

MissTT

Quote: Originally Posted by liba
Most people use a slanted liner brush and just slap it on in one quick motion, but personally I prefer a very thin small liner brush so I can control my application carefully. There are also pointed liner brushes that aren't so thin that could be a sweet spot between ease and quickness AND control.

Thanks. I want to be all Janet Jackson in my application: CONTROL!

CartoonChic

Thanks. I want to be all Janet Jackson in my application: CONTROL!
girlhaha.gif

OhSoJaded

The 15 pan palette is 'sold out' (not out of stock) and so is the 6 pan blush palette. My guess is that the new palettes will appear on the site very shortly. The price has gone up incredibly; it's one thing to bump the price up a bit but this increase is insane. I wanted another 15 pan so I'll see if I can find one in a local store. Otherwise, I'll take the insert out of my 15 pan so I can store more e/s in there. There is no way I'm paying double to triple the cost of the 15 pan for essentially the same thing.
I still see them available on the US site. $16 each for 15 pan e/s and 6 pan blush palette. Wondering if I should order some just in case...

duckrodeo

I took a crack at some shipping code sleuthing and figured out that NOMAD works for 2-day shipping!!!

I'm unsure about Hidden Treasure...I did NOT like Early Morning on me, but hmm, the shimmery sheen that's been talked about makes it tempting! I decided to pass on Dark Diversion because Copperhead mentioned it looks similar to Hyperviolet p/p!

So far in my cart: Camden Chic, Local Wares and Restless. Oh, and the small makeup bag with the dandelions!

CartoonChic

I ordered Fashion Nomad and Camden Chic mattene lipstick. Excited to try out the mattenes. I was tempted to order the new P+P Natural Radiance for my oily skin, but I didn't want to pay $40 and not like it. Did anyone try it yet?
specktra_welcome.gif
You can get a sample of P+P Natural Radiance to try it out. There's a thread about it here: http://www.specktra.net/t/180186/woc-mac-prep-prime-natural-radiance#post_2261868.
I haven't tried it, but want to know if it can be worn without wearing foundation or powder.

OhSoJaded

I took a crack at some shipping code sleuthing and figured out that NOMAD works for 2-day shipping!!!

I'm unsure about Hidden Treasure...I did NOT like Early Morning on me, but hmm, the shimmery sheen that's been talked about makes it tempting! I decided to pass on Dark Diversion because Copperhead mentioned it looks similar to Hyperviolet p/p!

So far in my cart: Camden Chic, Local Wares and Restless.
Yay, two day shipping!

Were you planning on using DD as a liner or base? If you were going to use it as a base, then it's prob ok to skip. However, i LOVE it as a liner.

CartoonChic

So far in my cart: Camden Chic, Local Wares and Restless.
Dang it! I'm going to call to see if I can have the code applied to my order.

duckrodeo

Yay, two day shipping!

Were you planning on using DD as a liner or base? If you were going to use it as a base, then it's prob ok to skip. However, i LOVE it as a liner.
I was going to do both, base and liner, but I feel my Posh Paradise p/ps already do double-duty! I'm glad there's a somewhat similar color in my current stash without buying more (for just this one time)

Genn

So far in my cart: Camden Chic, Local Wares and Restless. Oh, and the small makeup bag with the dandelions!
I knew if I waited a little while somebody would figure out the shipping code
bouquet.gif

duckrodeo

I was all ready to check out my items at work tonight and then a bullrush of customers came in! So I was like NOOOOOOO my MAC items will sell out! I just got home and quickly skimmed the thread and there weren't any shipping codes. Everything is still in stock so I was like hmm, there must be a code here somewhere! Style didn't work, Fashion didn't work, Seeker didn't work and then I thought "What about Nomad?" BAM! 2-day shipping! Now if only I could muster up the energy to complete the order! I feel bad for getting so many black boxes in a week! LOL my UPS man must think, "DAMN Shoe-sized black boxes! What is this chick doing? Eating her makeup?!"

CartoonChic

I called and no luck. I was told it couldn't be done, but I know that's not accurate. I'll try again tomorrow with another representative. I also checked on my still pending By Request eye shadow order while I was at it. I was told that it's just now being processed.
th_MadWithShortFuse.gif

Sabriney

Thanks CartoonChic! Should of known there was a thread already. Yeah a sample is a good idea duh (been shopping online too much)! I also wanted to know if it can work without foundation.

drammy04

OT but what eyes and lips do you wear with Bite of an Apple? I never know what to pair with that blush.
I use it as a type of highlight (?) I place it high by my temples with a light hand to give a bit of flush, especially in the fall/winter. So pretty. I don't know if I explained that right? lol cCome to think of it I've never used it as a my primary blush.

Latest posts