MAC style seeker

rockin

fun finds sounds like my thing but im really curious about an orange beige.

Delectable, the orange-beige was out with the Posh Paradise collection. Temptalia has swatches here http://www.temptalia.com/mac-posh-paradise-mattenes-swatches-photos-review-sneak-peek

Pinkdollface

Why isn't there a dark coloured mattene? I wanted to try a dark coloured lipstick, but i haven't seen any in the new collections. I don't understand that, because they are always big in fall.

duckrodeo

Why isn't there a dark coloured mattene? I wanted to try a dark coloured lipstick, but i haven't seen any in the new collections. I don't understand that, because they are always big in fall.
That's what I don't get, either! :( I want new vampy mattenes! Though I guess my mattenes from last year will suffice. I still have a little bit left of Eden Rouge, but Red Racer and Ruffian Red will easily fill its slot. I got all of the mattenes except for Delectable and Seeds of Desire. Unknown Pleasures is one of my favorite vampy lipsticks for Fall!

I'm a little intrigued by the Whims & Fancies eyeshadow duo, though, so I'll keep that as a solid maybe. I'll patiently await swatches and more info!

Pinkdollface

That's what I don't get, either! :( I want new vampy lippies! Though I guess my mattenes from last year will suffice. I still have a little bit left of Eden Rouge, but Red Racer and Ruffian Red will easily fill its slot. I got all of the mattenes except for Delectable and Seeds of Desire. Unknown Pleasures is one of my favorite vampy lipsticks for Fall!

I'm a little intrigued by the Whims & Fancies eyeshadow duo, though, so I'll keep that as a solid maybe. I'll patiently await swatches and more info!
I only got Deliciously Forbidden, Fresh Amour and Legendary from Posh Paradise. The only vampy lip i have is Kittenish and it's a cremesheen and i want a satin or matte. Maybe i'll get one of the permanent ones instead.
I must say Camden Chic does intrigue me. I like Legendary a lot and that's also a brick colour.

peachsuns

Thank you so much for the info, paparazziboy!

I cannot wait to see this blush.
supercontinental -bright cute coral (s)

Does anyone else love "cute" in the description?
lol.gif

Pinkdollface

I looked at the colour story again and i'm also interested in Local Wares f/l, Hidden Treasure blush, On The Hunt e/s duo and Fashion Nomad mattene.

liba

It sure seems like this fall, MAC isn't about the vampy lip much. 'Looks like the trend is more towards subtle lips or red red red.

Pinkdollface

It sure seems like this fall, MAC isn't about the vampy lip much. 'Looks like the trend is more towards subtle lips or red red red.
Ow well maybe next year they'll come out with a nice vampy lip again. I don't have a problem with the red lip trend. I like every red lipstick i've gotten so far, so more will follow.

Audrey C

Thanks, Paparazzi Boy! My preliminary list is below, but I'll need to see pics/swatches to be sure:

mattene lipstick

fashion nomad- bright red orange
camden chic- rich brick red

lipglass

restless- dark burnt bronze

Eye shadow duo's

culturalized eye - soft creamy beige (s) /mid-tone neutral gold (lustre)
marché aux puces -chestnut brown (m)/ mid-tone golden orange (vp)

powder blush

hidden treasure - rich burnt red (s)

Fluidline

local wares - mid-tone olive with multi dimensional pearlized pigments - only one of the four that I don't already have

Indieprincess

I'm really really excited about this collection. The whole global traveler theme is so up my alley, it's unbelievable:) everything sounds so beautiful but My preliminary list is: Eden Rouge Mattene  Fashion Nomad Mattene  Camden Chic Mattene  Restless - l/g Hidden Treasure - blush

CartoonChic

Aw man, I was really excited about the thought of new fluidlines. Looks like I'm only picking up Local Wares. Not sure about the lipglass yet. I prefer cremesheens, so I'll probably splurge on all of the new permanent cremesheen glasses coming out.

Audrey C

Ow well maybe next year they'll come out with a nice vampy lip again. I don't have a problem with the red lip trend. I like every red lipstick i've gotten so far, so more will follow.
Red lips used to be my signature look. I've gotten away from that but would love to get a couple more to round out my collection. I only have VG1 (love it but too vampy for the office) and Ruffian Red. I'll probably get one from Marilyn if I can pull off the colour and will almost certainly get the brick red from this one.

martiangurll

Well, sad kitty here. I love Dark Diversion, but my eyeballs hate it and turn red everytime I wear it. Since it is rather inconvenient to whip out the Visine every 4 hours for that (not to mention does wearing crap that irritates probably do something like long term damage?) I guess I am giving up hope for a Fluidline in a wearable purple for me other than Macroviolet, which I find a bit meh.

Love the olive colored one, but really disappointed the other 3 FL are repromotes.

Duos in e/s never work for me, I love one and meh the other.

The blushes sound promising, but I think I would hold off for the PLW ones coming up. On the other hand, if the finish is like the TC ones, bring it.

Knope2012

I love the sound of the olive fluidline! The rest will be a wait and see for me. I won't have a lot of disposable money this fall anyway, and By Request will take a good chunk of that away.

Richelle83

wow, i'm kind of surprised this collection isn't grabbing you gals....I dunno what it is, but I just love the feeling of rich lips, tawny cheeks, sultry eyes that have depth, sparkling gloss.

MAC is certainly bringing the reds, but that's ok with me considering how picky red is - if it's not perfect, it can be horrible, so bring on plenty of variety!
Normally I'd be right there with you but the picture didn't even tickle my fancy. I must need a checkup or something
noworry.gif

Genn

Delectable, the orange-beige was out with the Posh Paradise collection. Temptalia has swatches here http://www.temptalia.com/mac-posh-paradise-mattenes-swatches-photos-review-sneak-peek
thank you! That is a pretty color.

rubytitania

Thanks for the info paparazziboy :D

I'm certain I'll be getting at least one back-up of Dark Diversion and at least one of Local Wares. I am also tempted to back up Eden Rouge because it's gorgeous, but I have several reds and will be getting at least one more with Marilyn so I should probably leave it...

The only other things that interest me at all are Camden Chic, Whims & Fancies and Supercontinental.

Latest posts