MAC style seeker

dorni

I'm passing again as it seems that Local Wares does give a bit of grief on the pigmentation department.
http://www.allurabeauty.com/2012/review-swatches-mac-style-seeker-fluidline-in-local-wares/

Reminds me of a smoke version of Blitz and Glitz really.
amuse.gif
That remotely looks like Avenue f/l from last year (MAC Me Over?), i already own Avenue, no need for Local Wares.

Mac-Guy

I wonder if everybody knows that this collection is available (at least those who don't read Specktra on a daily basis). I guess most people don't expect it until next week?

Copperhead

Received a shipping conf. # for my lone little Hidden Treasure blush. Would be great if I can have it by Saturday at least.

gracie90

I'm not sure that Local Wares looks diffferent enough from Avenue for me to get it. I think it may just be Hidden Treaure for me! I'm tempted by Supercontinental but I already have Launch Away and Stunner...

elkaknits

They sent out the newsletter for it, so more people should know by now.
I got my newsletter this morning but I still haven't seen good swatches yet. Okay allura but nobody else's and apologies to beauty bloggers but I like to see numerous swatches from various sources before making a judgement. I am most interested in Eden Rouge but need to see it in person or next to MAC Red and then the Whims & Fancies eyeshadow duo although my SA discouraged me from both purchases. That is she said ya you want to check ER on yourself first and W&F is similar to umm all that glitters?& some other purple. Either she wants me to show up and purchase from shop or they are misses for me but wanted me to see that for myself instead of just saying so.

drammy04

So I went to the Pro store right when it opened today. I swatched Hidden Treasure and Raizin together and they look nothing alike on me. I swatched Worrdly Wealth and it was passable. Supercontinental was a surprise. I love Petticoat and this reminds me of the look I get when I use it. The differences are in the finish. It's not as shimmery as Petticoat, but gives a nice subltle sheen. Love it for a new pinky chanpagne highlight. Local wares looks exactly like Avenue to me. The only lipglass that I liked was Ready to Roam (I think it's the color in the promo pic). The mattenes look like things I already have. The Eyeshadows were so dupeable to me and too pricey. I brought:

Ready to Roam
Supercontinental
Hidden Treasure

Then I went to the Mac across the street and bought:
Travel Wipes
286 brush (don't have a good brush for concealer now)
128 brush (for contouring with creams and just like the dual uses for it)
Prep + Prime Natural Radiance (pricey, but I needed a primer. Also like the fact that its marketed towards WOC)

Copperhead

So I went to the Pro store right when it opened today. I swatched Hidden Treasure and Raizin together and they look nothing alike on me. I swatched Worrdly Wealth and it was passable. Supercontinental was a surprise. I love Petticoat and this reminds me of the look I get when I use it. The differences are in the finish. It's not as shimmery as Petticoat, but gives a nice subltle sheen. Love it for a new pinky chanpagne highlight. Local wares looks exactly like Avenue to me. The only lipglass that I liked was Ready to Roam (I think it's the color in the promo pic). The mattenes look like things I already have. The Eyeshadows were so dupeable to me and too pricey. I brought:

Ready to Roam
Supercontinental
Hidden Treasure

Then I went to the Mac across the street and bought:
Travel Wipes
286 brush (don't have a good brush for concealer now)
128 brush (for contouring with creams and just like the dual uses for it)
Prep + Prime Natural Radiance (pricey, but I needed a primer. Also like the fact that its marketed towards WOC)
Nice haul drammy! Please let us know how you like the P&P Natural Radiance.

peachsuns

re Prep +Prime Lip: it goes on feeling like a lip balm very silky and smooth then, after a few minutes, gets sticky feeling. I think it does help with dryness although, to be honest, I have been wearing matte l/s for 20 ish years and they don't bother me. Either way it is a balm between your lips and stick. Bonus I find my l/s last a long assed time when I use it.
Thank you, elkaknits! Have you tried Prep + Prime Lip under CSG? I'm wondering if it makes CSG last longer as well.
amuse.gif

honybr

OT but what eyes and lips do you wear with Bite of an Apple? I never know what to pair with that blush.
I just saw this and I see there have already been suggestions, but I usually wear Bite of Apple with just black eyeliner. With the lips I either use Chetnut lipglass, Dark as Night (I think that's what it's called), or Homegirl by Kat Von D. I find the bright of the red looks really good with a dark lip. I'm not afraid of boldness and color so if that seems too much, it also looks lovely with Heroine from Wonder Woman (brown). HTH!

elkaknits

I am sorry I'm still working my way through all the abbreviations and am not familiar with that one so I guess that means no... cream sheen gloss?

I am not a huge gloss user in general. I kinda put my makeup on differently than I see other people do in tutorials ie if I line my lips I just draw a outline not fill in and I tend to wear gloss over lipstick. I have tried it under my glosses {without lipstick} when I was playing with colors recently but I only own dazzle glass & lip glass for Mac stuff. I remember at the time thinking that the dazzle glass lasted really well but it might just have been the formula. Since I was really just swatching on face I didn't wear any particular color for very long and, in all honesty, I don't expect lip glosses to last :">

Using my New Fabulous Edit capabilities to add: I got curious so P+P plus a borghese gloss to see how it would work on something not as tacky as dazzle or lip glass. I might be expecting too much from the word cream sheen but that sounds smoother than the usual tacky stuff. I think it might have been a bad mistake to test today cus it is super humid and hot. It took longer than usual for the P+P to get tacky {it goes on very silicone feeling} and the borghese gloss {which is super cheap I admit it} feels like it is sliding off mah mouth cus it too is very silicone-y. Will come back in an hour and give you an update. I really do not understand those reviews of l/g lasting 4+ hrs although I don't know why I should expect them to go away faster. They certainly cost as much as a l/s but that is how my head sees them... a layer on top of l/s to add a wee bit o shimmer or color shift.

Latest posts