MAC style seeker

martiangurll

I love how this looks in swatches but I'm afraid it will be to frosty for me. I'll try it at the counter. I hope it works for me.
and while you are there you can check out those cremesheen pearl lipstick thingies? let us know if that bronzey blush thing would work for pale girls too?

EekaBoo

I love how this looks in swatches but I'm afraid it will be to frosty for me. I'll try it at the counter. I hope it works for me.
In swatches it does look very frosty, but IMO its not as harsh as it looks in pictures. On me it looks like a bronzer and highlighter combined.

AniBEE

I'm not sure that Local Wares looks diffferent enough from Avenue for me to get it. I think it may just be Hidden Treaure for me! I'm tempted by Supercontinental but I already have Launch Away and Stunner...
I'd definitely darker then Avenue which I have and more smokey. If you mix Blitz and Glitz and Avenue you might actually get a similar shade. lol

liesierre

and while you are there you can check out those cremesheen pearl lipstick thingies? let us know if that bronzey blush thing would work for pale girls too?
The cremesheen+pearl lipsticks are awesome. I have like 5 of them now already, lol... if you're into things like lustres/glaze lipsticks in slightly MLBB shade you'll probably like them.

PRESIDENTslim

flower.gif
TEAM 3
flower.gif

AniBEE

What the heck, I got Local Wave and Coral Bliss in my order with free Express Shipping. ^_^ I can't complain. Now well will see what get ship faster Estee Lauder or my MAC order which are shipped from the same warehouse.
poke.gif
They should merge shipping options. lol

pinkcrush

Worldly Wealth... IMO anyone can use this one... Now with that being said it is a rather light blush so darker beauties may benefit from layering it over a matte blush like Raizin to add radiance and make it pop... Darker beauties may also use it as a highliter/skinfinish whether on the face or decollete/body... On lighter beauties it can be used as a blush/bronzer alone or over lets say Coppertone to add more gold tones... All beauties may use this as a e/s as well... If u like it, u can make it work 4u :)

liesierre

GOT MINE!

thoughts:

Hidden Treasure is wearable for me if i barely tap it with my brush and blend - its sorta like a more red Breezy (i dont have Raizin)

Supercontinental is awesome and very pigmented - probably most close to Springsheen without the gold pearl. It looks very peach in the pan but turns a bit more pink when swatched

Restless is gorgeous - sorta similar to Sophisto or Oh Oh Oh... in that ballpark

Fun Finds is almost the same color as my face... its probably most similar to Innocence Beware and Ruffian Naked, but a shade lighter and pinker

On The Hunt duo - the more bronzey color is really great, the more red one is a bit less pigmented but you can build it up

Audrey C

Not sure what happened, but I don't think I can be bothered to order any of this. I'm irked by the duos and even more irked about the 15 pan palette elimination; I don't want to spend $50 on a palette and I can't believe the arrogance to assume that we will. The 4 pan I was about to order (no 15 pans left in stock) that was $8.50 a couple of weeks ago is suddenly $11. Really MAC? I'm glad I didn't want any of the BR lippies because this tiny quantity LE bit is ridiculous. Maybe I'm just tired, crabby and over-saturated on makeup, but I think MAC has pissed me off.

I'm going to skip.
I went into my freestanding MAC store today and got the last two 15 pan palettes. I ended up having a joint bitchfest with my usual MUA over the massive price increase for them that MAC is very quietly putting through. I'm a lot happier now that I have two extras; I can fill one already by emptying quads and putting in the loose ones I have, but it will be nice to have a backup. I may never need it but I don't like cardboard alternatives so I'd rather keep one ahead of me.

I still didn't bother with the shadows; the reviews aren't stellar and I have 15 new l'Oreal Infallibles to play with. I just don't think I need them. I did order the Ugly Olive and Camden Chic so that I could try a mattene (but not until I had my palettes and was marginally less pissed).
girlhaha.gif

They're already out for delivery - tomorrow by noon.

EDIT: Looking at more swatches - I hope Camden Chic isn't too close to Approaching Storm. I have that one but haven't worn it often.

ladyarwen

Restless is so SPARKLY! So sparkly that I think I might have to reconsider getting it...I find that when there're glitter chunks in a gloss, after a while the gloss starts to bunch up and be clumpy on the lips, which is not a good look. My Sonoran Rain does this...=/