MAC Styledriven Discussion

LMD84

i just don't get what the flakes are! it's so weird. I am now wondering if perhaps it is bits of food? lol! however i really don't think it could be...

LMD84

I had such hype for makeup with staying power and saw colours but now swatches and reviews coming... Hmmmm not so sure
my review on the gloss will be out on the specktra blog on sunday. :) at the moment i'm still trying different things out. i always like to test products for a week or so before reviewing them :)

ahoythere

Sweet Satisfaction and Warming Trend are pretty different IMO, Warming Trend is cooler and golder (which sounds weird unless you own WT, then you know what I am talking about), while Sweet Satisfaction is beige-er and warmer (more flesh colored than WT).

Warming Trend is one of the best shadows ever, and totally unique...BACK THAT SUCKER UP!

PS-I will try to post comparison swatches but my iphone always messes with the colors.
Sweet Satisfaction is looking gorgeous! Can anyone think of a possible dupe? I really don't like buying eyeshadows that don't fit in my empty palette, but if I can't find a similar color to Sweet Satisfaction, then I might just buy it.
amuse.gif

I'm sure I'll get alot of use out of it. Seems like an awesome all-over-the-lid color and for everyday.

Does anyone know how it compares to Mac Warming Trend? It was a limited edition eyeshadow and I absolutely love it. I still see it in stock at the Estee Lauder Company Store (it's like the CCO, except that the Estee Lauder Company Store is not open to the public and only opened to authorized people) I never buy backups because new and better shades usually come out, but I might have to buy a backup of Warming Trend cuz it's just such a lovely color.

XxMoOmOoxX

Awesome! Thanx
smiles.gif
Now, I'll definitely be getting a backup of Warming Trend and purchase Sweet Satisfaction as well.

princess sarah

Yeh, luckily its perm line so i can keep reading reviews. I hate feeling disappointed when i was so excited for new prodcuts

my review on the gloss will be out on the specktra blog on sunday. :) at the moment i'm still trying different things out. i always like to test products for a week or so before reviewing them :)

nunu

I have posted pictures and swatches of the eyeshadows I bought http://thedollymixdiaries.blogspot.com/2011/09/mac-styledriven-haul-and-swatches.html

PinkBasset

Legendary Black is absolutely gorgeous! I love it! I used it all over my lid with Lie Low in crease, and they were so pretty together.

Piarpreet

damn i want: Dark As Night l/g, Thru The Night, legendary black, hot paprika e/s actually i like all the e/s like wth!

Piarpreet

no kidding its like the perfect smokey (after hocus pocus lol)

id like a black that is more trully black and sparkly like this one but...oh well, one can dream and wait
Legendary Black is calling my name ; ). Thank goodness this line is permanent.

Ashleybubbles83

i think i'll grab two paint pots from PP first and then go in on this collection...to echo everyone else's sentiments...thank goodness its permanent!

Piarpreet

when is this coming out on pro? u guys have a clue? Cos ive speculated the 20th but... somehow it wouldnt make sense to have all styledriven and AoP and Fall color coming out on the same day.... specially this NOT being LE

rubytitania

Can anyone confirm if this collection is permanent in the UK? One of the MUAs at MAC in Selfridges Birmingham told me that it is definitely limited edition over here, but to be honest half the time they don't know what they're talking about.

LMD84

Can anyone confirm if this collection is permanent in the UK? One of the MUAs at MAC in Selfridges Birmingham told me that it is definitely limited edition over here, but to be honest half the time they don't know what they're talking about.
from what i can gather everything is perm apart from the eyeshadows...

todays specktra blog post - MAC Prince Noir lipstick

Alisha1

Lol sad but true! I always ask at the Harvey Nichols MAC counter as well - most of the time they know what they're talking about!