MAC Styledriven Discussion

LMD84

wearing patience please again today and as i suspected it looks much better when used over a lip liner. because the forumla is so thick i would not wear this over a lipstick. but a liner is flat enough to not make your lips feel horrible. also the applicator is excellent but it does get too much product on it. what i did this morning was wipe off some of the gloss, then dotted the gloss on my lips and then rubbed the applicator over them. this time the gloss isn't as thick and although it still feels a bit heavy on my lips it is not uncomfortable like yesterday. i will add though that it still looks slightly patchy on places but again i feel this will only happen with the lighter colours.

katred

Specktra Bestie
The shadow colours aren't thrilling to me thus far, but like I said, for me this will be about the texture. I know I'll get at least one to try out.

I remember that MUFE used to have glosses that were super-sticky, so sticky that your lips would stick together if you closed your mouth for a while. I actually liked the formula, but I think a lot of other people hated it, because it was so thick. I'm wondering if these glosses would be similar.

princess sarah

Thanks for the reviews, I'm a little undecided about this collection atm... Im not over excited about what I'm seeing atm but I was originally

buntewollsocke

The texture of the eye shadows is very smooth and they are mostly very well pigmented. I also like that there are some neutral and also bright colours. I'm sure I'll getting a few more ... Today I only bought Hot Paprika. Although I've no ideas what to wear with it. I thought about blue or violet. What do you think?

Mac-Guy

The shadow colours aren't thrilling to me thus far, but like I said, for me this will be about the texture. I know I'll get at least one to try out.

I remember that MUFE used to have glosses that were super-sticky, so sticky that your lips would stick together if you closed your mouth for a while. I actually liked the formula, but I think a lot of other people hated it, because it was so thick. I'm wondering if these glosses would be similar.
ROFL.

buntewollsocke

Legendary Black is a quite interesting and also amazing shade. It's for sure that I'll pick it up next time.

One of the colours - I don't remember the name - looks very similar to Shale, doesn't it?

And Carefree as an awesome shade. I've got a similar colour from Make Up Store ... The Make Up Store eye shadows have - by the way - the same size like the Pro Longwear e/s.

LMD84

yeah perhaps they are similar then. because this gloss is crazy thick. however after applying it the 'new' way it looked so much nicer and felt better too. now i also noticed that it lasted a good 5 hours on me today. however towards the end my lips started looking gross - you could see flaky bits on them which is weird because i never have dry lips! not sure what that was about. so shall have a test again tomorrow! :)

princess sarah

Keep these reviews coming!! I like the look of the legendary black I saw in swatches
yeah perhaps they are similar then. because this gloss is crazy thick. however after applying it the 'new' way it looked so much nicer and felt better too. now i also noticed that it lasted a good 5 hours on me today. however towards the end my lips started looking gross - you could see flaky bits on them which is weird because i never have dry lips! not sure what that was about. so shall have a test again tomorrow! :)

aradhana

yeah, i had one, think i never wore it for that reason....and eventually threw it out!

PinkBasset

I was thinking getting the darkest gloss and the insanely bright orange/coral gloss, but if they are so sticky I don't know..

LMD84

I was thinking getting the darkest gloss and the insanely bright orange/coral gloss, but if they are so sticky I don't know..
i think that the bright coral will be fabulous. but yeah they are very sticky. you know how sticky a dazzleglass is? they are stickier than that! :)

PinkBasset

i think that the bright coral will be fabulous. but yeah they are very sticky. you know how sticky a dazzleglass is? they are stickier than that! :)

Oh gosh, Dazzleglasses are so sticky which is why I don't use them too often. I had to get used to a normal lipglass a while when I got into Mac, it was so sticky after other companies' lipglosses. :D Good that you share your thoughts for us that are wondering. Please report again how it goes with it, does your lips become flaky again etc. I'm afraid mine would because they're so dry in winter. :( I guess it has to be like glue for it to be a longwearing gloss.

buntewollsocke

I'm so in love with Hot Paprika. It's a really nice bright coral (it's less red than I thought) and it has a nice pink sheen in it.

LMD84

Oh gosh, Dazzleglasses are so sticky which is why I don't use them too often. I had to get used to a normal lipglass a while when I got into Mac, it was so sticky after other companies' lipglosses. :D Good that you share your thoughts for us that are wondering. Please report again how it goes with it, does your lips become flaky again etc. I'm afraid mine would because they're so dry in winter. :( I guess it has to be like glue for it to be a longwearing gloss.
i sadly forgot to wear it today but will make sure it is what i use tomorrow so will report back then :)