MAC Styledriven Discussion

Piarpreet

somehow i dont find those eyeshadows too exiting. Maybe hot paprika, legendary black, and keep your cool but they all look quite dupable.

liba

somehow i dont find those eyeshadows too exiting. Maybe hot paprika, legendary black, and keep your cool but they all look quite dupable.
If Legendary Black has the same texture as the off-black VP from the Leopard Luxe quad, I'd call it a must-have. It's one of the best black shadows I've ever used....gives an effect like black silk stockings for your eyes and can be built up if you want it thick and dense.

Alisha1

I saw this collection today and I have to say MAC really got the formula right with the eyeshadows! I never had time to swatch everything but the ones that I did where super smooth and pigmented right from the get go! I need to get Lie to Me! That was the only name I remembered and I know I have similar colours but the formula...*swoon* I'm going to play with this collection again tomorrow :) although I don't think I can pick anything up *sigh*

Also I swatched the orange lipliner (can't remember the name just saw that it was orange and grabbed it) and it hasn't budged even though I've been rubbing it and I washed my hand countless number of times!
heart.gif

Mac-Guy

I think it will be more about the new texture, which makes these e/s interesting rather than the colors per se.

martiangurll

I think it will be more about the new texture, which makes these e/s interesting rather than the colors per se.
For me and e/s, it is always all about texture. Well, wait a minute, sometimes its about the color. Nah, its the texture. Otherwise I could just buy pigments and dupe any color I'd like.

princess sarah

thanks for the feedback on the formula... very interested to see more reviews on that and i do hope mac got it right, i dont know when australia are getting these items for me to check them out in person so im depending on all of you :)

I saw this collection today and I have to say MAC really got the formula right with the eyeshadows! I never had time to swatch everything but the ones that I did where super smooth and pigmented right from the get go! I need to get Lie to Me! That was the only name I remembered and I know I have similar colours but the formula...*swoon* I'm going to play with this collection again tomorrow :) although I don't think I can pick anything up *sigh*

Also I swatched the orange lipliner (can't remember the name just saw that it was orange and grabbed it) and it hasn't budged even though I've been rubbing it and I washed my hand countless number of times!
heart.gif

Swirlgirl

Honestly, this is my first thought as well....maybe the swatches aren't doing the texture justice, but so far it all looks pretty same-old-same-old to me too. It seems like a lot of lines are doing this type of shadow right now too - Bobbi Brown just came out with something that sounds, in theory, very similar (It may not be and I haven't seen either the MAC or BB in person).

I plan on passing this whole collection when it launches in the US. I may pick some things up next year if there is a lull in collections, but so far, meh.
A far as lipgloss and pencils go, I'm holding out for Glam Glass.
cutey.gif

princess sarah

I thought the same, im interested in a few of the colours but the swatches were a bit boring.

If the formula is correct and i see more reviews its going to help with decision making for sure, hopefully more comes out on this soon to research between releases of these collections

Honestly, this is my first thought as well....maybe the swatches aren't doing the texture justice, but so far it all looks pretty same-old-same-old to me too. It seems like a lot of lines are doing this type of shadow right now too - Bobbi Brown just came out with something that sounds, in theory, very similar (It may not be and I haven't seen either the MAC or BB in person).

I plan on passing this whole collection when it launches in the US. I may pick some things up next year if there is a lull in collections, but so far, meh.
A far as lipgloss and pencils go, I'm holding out for Glam Glass.
cutey.gif

Heiaken

Going to see the collection at the counter afterwork :) It launched with some other collections today in Finland.

Heiaken

I didn't get anything. Didn't realise the eyeshadows are bigger than normal. (Haven't really been up to date with collections for a while.) That ofc means that the price is higher so I saved my moolah for Mac me over ;)

Edelmc

I got to check this collection out in store today and this is what I thought...

The shadows were lovely but none of the colours really caught my eye...most of them were strong primary colours which is fine just not what I am looking for at the mo (defo worth checking out tho if you like the look of any of the colours)..there was a hot pink shadow that caught my eye tho..

On the other hand I am in LOVE with the lip products!!!!!!!!!
Not all of the colours were on display (they were being used in make overs/demos) but the ones I saw were fantastic. Great mixture of mlbb shades, brights and vamps especially the glosses.....there is the most amazing hot pink and bright red gloss that I can't wait to get. I don't know what the wear is like on these yet but they feel fantasic. The glosses have that lovely gloss balm hybrid feel...the kind of gloss thats feels luxe and you keep wanting to rub your lips together cause its feel lovely...these remind me of the creamsheen glosses which I love

i also loved the range of lip pencils...at last an alternative to magenta and red pencil

Anneri

arent they almost like megametals but more velvety?

I swatched some today (and took some crappy pics with my phone I'll try to upload them later) and I think the texture is different from the mega metals. Take that with a grain of salt, though - I only swatched three colours on my hand.
I thought their texture less dense than the MMs, lighter somehow.

I liked the glosses very much. Like edelmec said, the shades are a great mix of MLBB-shades and great reds and a wonderful coral that wants to go home with me. They are quite sticky on the lips, but leave them quite hydrated. Are they really longwear? I don't think so. They lasted two hours on my lips, then I had dinner and everything disappeared - like any regular gloss would. But they still leave a glossy/sticky feeling behind.

Have we any reliable source on if they will be really perm in Europe? My SA was totally clueless today.

Edelmc

I swatched some today (and took some crappy pics with my phone I'll try to upload them later) and I think the texture is different from the mega metals. Take that with a grain of salt, though - I only swatched three colours on my hand.
I thought their texture less dense than the MMs, lighter somehow.

I liked the glosses very much. Like edelmec said, the shades are a great mix of MLBB-shades and great reds and a wonderful coral that wants to go home with me. They are quite sticky on the lips, but leave them quite hydrated. Are they really longwear? I don't think so. They lasted two hours on my lips, then I had dinner and everything disappeared - like any regular gloss would. But they still leave a glossy/sticky feeling behind.

Have we any reliable source on if they will be really perm in Europe? My SA was totally clueless today.
My mua said they are permanent