MAC Styledriven Discussion

martiangurll

I'm still using my Sweet Satisfaction eyeshadow almost everyday!
heart.gif

I can't believe I have yet to purchase anything from this collection--its beautiful but with all the fervor to score the LE stuff from a plethora of recently released collections, I have nothing left and these are perm. Unfortunately, this keeps me from buying a lot of really nice perm stuff sometimes. I should make a point to buy something perm with each haul.

Ashleybubbles83

i bought two of the lipglasses but i find them too thick to use everyday.

I can't believe I have yet to purchase anything from this collection--its beautiful but with all the fervor to score the LE stuff from a plethora of recently released collections, I have nothing left and these are perm. Unfortunately, this keeps me from buying a lot of really nice perm stuff sometimes. I should make a point to buy something perm with each haul.

rockin

I wore Whoops! for the first time yesterday. Love the colour, but it is soooo sticky! I had a cup of coffee and was shocked to see just how much transferred to the cup. The colour on my lips did stay around for a very long time, though.

LV2EVOLVE

You've got to try Weathered over Ardent Metal-X with Inglot's pigment in number 86 on the center of the lid. TDF! It defines one of my signature make-up color combos. It almost looks like a My Dark Magic alternative.

martiangurll

You've got to try Weathered over Ardent Metal-X with Inglot's pigment in number 86 on the center of the lid. TDF! It defines one of my signature make-up color combos. It almost looks like a My Dark Magic alternative.

I don't have Inglot pigment but I have been wanting Weathered for a while. Again, stalling because I have plenty of time to pick up a perm. e/s. See, I complain about how MAC puts out too many LE, but then I encourage them because I focus on the LE items to the exclusion of the perm, but probably remarkable products...

bis

See, I have been lemming the Whoops for a while, but stalling since its perm, and not sure I can deal with the stickiness.  I need to get off the fence and get one of these to decide if the stickiness is worth putting up with for the tenaciousness of the formula, which does sound quite appealing... I don't have Inglot pigment but I have been wanting Weathered for a while.  Again, stalling because I have plenty of time to pick up a perm. e/s.  See, I complain about how MAC puts out too many LE, but then I encourage them because I focus on the LE items to the exclusion of the perm, but probably remarkable products...
Weathered is a great color, but I think it is pretty close to Love Lace. If you need a reason to free up some funds, this may be it.

martiangurll

Weathered is a great color, but I think it is pretty close to Love Lace. If you need a reason to free up some funds, this may be it.

I didn't love Love Lace when I swatched it at the CCO. Oddly, I dreamed I purchased Weathered last night. I guess daytime obsessions about MAC products aren't quite doing it for me, now I am dreaming about them too.

bis

I didn't love Love Lace when I swatched it at the CCO.  Oddly, I dreamed I purchased Weathered last night.  I guess daytime obsessions about MAC products aren't quite doing it for me, now I am dreaming about them too.
You are not alone there ;) Let me know if you want me to swatch them both.

martiangurll

Let me know if you want me to swatch them both.
I appreciate it, but I am sure I will eventually get Weathered. What do you like about them? Hearing about another makeup obsessed person's experiences really helps me more than a picture on the monitor, which often doesn't do the color or the texture of the e/s justice. If you only kept one, which would you choose?

I wonder about a swatch (or verbal comparison) of Weathered vs. Love Lace versus Parisian Skies?

bis

I appreciate it, but I am sure I will eventually get Weathered.  What do you like about them?  Hearing about another makeup obsessed person's experiences really helps me more than a picture on the monitor, which often doesn't do the color or the texture of the e/s justice.  If you only kept one, which would you choose? I wonder about a swatch (or verbal comparison) of Weathered vs. Love Lace versus Parisian Skies?
Oh, this is hard. First I have to say that I am a sucker for colors like Weathered, colors that look differently depending how the light hits them and what you wear them with. Weathered has those purple shimmers that made me buy it, it also is a more grey than LL, which reads much more blue on me. PS is much lighter, at least on me and although it is a very nice color, it does not change colors so much like Weathered does. I am not sure if I like the texture of the Longwear shadows so much, but they are definitely good eyeshadows. I like that they have less of a metallic effect that some Veluxe Pearl eyeshadows can have, but still are not flat and Weathered still keeps this color changing quality. Weathered is an instant smokey eye for me and I have been wearing it a lot. Really depends how blue I feel. I could not choose between them to be honest, that's why I got Weathered. If you force me to really only keep one, today I would take Weathered. But only if I really must. I should stop now, I am raving. I have a feeling I'll be wearing Weathered tomorrow ;)

martiangurll

I should stop now, I am raving. I have a feeling I'll be wearing Weathered tomorrow
winks.gif
Well, if you love Weathered, you should check out Howzat from Iris Apfel. I will still probably get Weathered as well and I like how these Prolongwear shadows have multidimensional effects, almost like Duochrome or microshimmers. I know I'd like the Weathered now better than LL since it is greyer and I will like the finish and the purple duochrome effects you are describing. See your description was so much better than a swatch b/c I am sure a monitor does not do these Styledriven Eyeshadows justice. It is hard to appreciate the multiple color effects I see with them. They are almost as good as MES (but without the eye irritation)

romi79_2008

What shadows are must have from this? I bought a couple of ls, one to try 1 gloss and have my eyes on a few lippencils, I would like to give the es a try too.

baghdad81

I want to probably try Weathered at some point and maybe keep your cool or legendary black but am afraid they are similar color-wise to the peacocky ones. I will try them at some point!

Latest posts