MAC - Stylishly Yours Discussion

euphrosyne_rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I'm gonna go against the majority and say that orange lipsticks do not scare me. I don't wear orange that often but when I do I think I can pull if off. I'm gonna try to look for one of my orange lipstick pictures when I get a chance and post it. It's not my fave shade of lipstick to wear (I heart reds and bright pinks) but it's a fun shade to rock sometimes.

The only lipstick shade I cannot pull off (well, besides the crazy blue, green, yello shades) is brown. Never seen a brown lipstick that looks good on me, probably never will either.

Brown shades don't interest me at all and don't seem like they would be all that flattering anyway. Not bronzes or golds, but actual BROWN shades. I remember back in the 90's when brown shades of l/s were popular. I did it myself for awhile.
cutey.gif

StarrySim

Quote:
Originally Posted by euphrosyne_rose
Brown shades don't interest me at all and don't seem like they would be all that flattering anyway. Not bronzes or golds, but actual BROWN shades. I remember back in the 90's when brown shades of l/s were popular. I did it myself for awhile.
cutey.gif

Ahhh yes, I cringe when I think of all the poo brown lipstick I wore as a teenager *shudders*

LMD84

Quote:
I'm gonna go against the majority and say that orange lipsticks do not scare me. I don't wear orange that often but when I do I think I can pull if off. I'm gonna try to look for one of my orange lipstick pictures when I get a chance and post it. It's not my fave shade of lipstick to wear (I heart reds and bright pinks) but it's a fun shade to rock sometimes.

The only lipstick shade I cannot pull off (well, besides the crazy blue, green, yello shades) is brown. Never seen a brown lipstick that looks good on me, probably never will either.

snap!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySim
Ahhh yes, I cringe when I think of all the poo brown lipstick I wore as a teenager *shudders*

omg! yeah i was the same! i thought i was so cool....
nonono.gif

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by euphrosyne_rose
cutey.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySim

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
snap!!

omg! yeah i was the same! i thought i was so cool....
nonono.gif

i had a light brown lipstick that i wore with dark lipliner... WHY?!
nonono.gif

i guess it's one of those things... in 10 years time we'll be looking back on now thinking 'at what point was THAT a good idea?!'
lol.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
nonono.gif

i guess it's one of those things... in 10 years time we'll be looking back on now thinking 'at what point was THAT a good idea?!'
lol.gif

i used to think i was so hot... i went to school with brown lipstick - very dark brown at that! and then i used my brothers black face paint stick as eye liner.... it was a thick as Taylor Momssen's!
tong.gif
hee hee!

spunky

Quote:
i used to think i was so hot... i went to school with brown lipstick - very dark brown at that! and then i used my brothers black face paint stick as eye liner.... it was a thick as Taylor Momssen's!
tong.gif
hee hee!

ouch! i did the caked-on eyeliner when i went through my mosher stage
thmbdn.gif
then i had a fairy-goth stage where i wore coloured eyeshadow with caked on black liner and nude lipstick... erm, ok then. don't know what was going through my head at that point! [and the outfits i used to wear
th_LMAO.gif
why did my mother let me out in public like that?!]

Swirlgirl

Brown lipstick was THE THING in the early/mid-90's.

Oh yeah, me and Brenda Walsh (Shannon Doherty's character) from 90210 we're rocking that satin-matte brown lip, flannel shirt tucked into the high waisted jeans, long straight hir with the wispy little bangs look.
Fashion is such a funny thing!

Back on topic. I'm excited about new pigments in this collection. I hope the bright pink and Fuchsia ones aren't dupes for some already released piggies. Need swatches before I can really decide.

I usually LOVE beauty powders, but it's getting kind of old now....do I really need another peachy or pale pink one? I just don't think so.

I know a lot of MAs love CCBs, but I find their texture tricky to work with. Too creasy on the eyes, not blendable enough for cheeks, drying on lips.
I think they look great for short term use, photoshoots, runway, but I think they can be hard if you need your look to last through a day/night. But that is just me. I'm sure some hotties rock these things like nobody's business. I'm just not one of them.

euphrosyne_rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirlgirl
I know a lot of MAs love CCBs, but I find their texture tricky to work with. Too creasy on the eyes, not blendable enough for cheeks, drying on lips.
I think they look great for short term use, photoshoots, runway, but I think they can be hard if you need your look to last through a day/night. But that is just me. I'm sure some hotties rock these things like nobody's business. I'm just not one of them.

I've never tried one on my cheeks but if I end up getting Virgin's Isle next time I'm in MAC, that's what I plan on using it for. I'm anxious to see how it does b/c I'm in love with the color.
greengrin.gif

StarrySim

Quote:

Oh yeah, me and Brenda Walsh (Shannon Doherty's character) from 90210 we're rocking that satin-matte brown lip, flannel shirt tucked into the high waisted jeans, long straight hir with the wispy little bangs look.

Back on topic. I'm excited about new pigments in this collection. I hope the bright pink and Fuchsia ones aren't dupes for some already released piggies. Need swatches before I can really decide.

I usually LOVE beauty powders, but it's getting kind of old now....do I really need another peachy or pale pink one? I just don't think so.

It sounds like I wrote this post myself!

Re fashion - It's a very funny thing. This is why I try to stay away from trends and focus on classics instead. For example, those sweaters with the long tongue down the front lately? Not going near those ones for sure.

Agree on beauty powders. Fun, but because of their barely-there nature, there's no point having more than one light pink, if we're being practical. That said, why do I have so many shimmery purple eyeshadows? In my credit though, I did manage to pass on Crazy Cool and Her Alter Image.

CCB's - I don't do CCB's for the exact reasons you mentioned. Give me a nice paint pot and a nice cream blush instead.

LittleMaryJane

I've never found a good brown that I liked either. Bleh.

I remember being 14 and wearing not brown but very, very dark purple lipstick to school. Not at all sheered out, just THERE. My nephew (who is 3 years younger than me) told me years later that he hated talking to me in the halls when I wore my caked on purple lipstick
lmao.gif

Shadowy Lady

question for mods - am i actually allowed to post a random picture of me wearing orange lipstick here or not?

on the CCB's - I've never tried them, keep hearing they are not good eye bases but perhaps I should give them a shout to see for myself.

PinkBasset

I love orange lips! It's my favourite summer lip. Although I do orange lips nowadays any time of the year. I want a true mandarin/apricot orange next. I have to turn to Illamasqua, they have the perfect one.
sneaky.gif

I use CCB's only for my face. I have White and Pearl for highlighting and Pink for blush. I may get Luna before they're gone.

It's a relief the pigments are not calling me. I mean how many hot bright fuchsia pink pigments do I need? I haven't even touched my Brash&Bold from last year...

LMD84

Quote:
question for mods - am i actually allowed to post a random picture of me wearing orange lipstick here or not?

on the CCB's - I've never tried them, keep hearing they are not good eye bases but perhaps I should give them a shout to see for myself.

of course you can
smiles.gif
as long as it's not crazy big!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
tong.gif
hee hee!

I actually still have a dark brown that I wear sometimes- Film Noir. It's pretty reddish, which makes it a little more forgiving. I also picked up the Prowl from FF, which is brown but not BROWN brown... Only person I've seen who can pull off a true brown shade is my mother. Go figure.

liba

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
nonono.gif

lol.gif

The dark lip liner/ lighter lipstick trend was just god awfully hideous. I guess it'll eventually come back, just like all the other retro trends do, but hopefully it won't be for a long damn time
puke.gif

liba

Quote:

Watch me whine some more about how Movie Star should have been a Cremeblend formula, if it was going to be face safe only in the first place.
rants.gif

I have a sneaking suspicion that there will be other beautiful blue red blushes later in the year in better formulas, but hell, I'll probably jump on Movie Star because it'll be there first, CCB or not. Maybe I won't be poisoned if I wear it on my lips once in a teeny while??
ohboy.gif

Paint&Ink Chick

I dont really wear l/s,but maybe if it was a lipglass I would try
winks.gif
I'll wait till u post pics, lol could be cute. Not trying to spend alot tho

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by liba
Watch me whine some more about how Movie Star should have been a Cremeblend formula, if it was going to be face safe only in the first place.
rants.gif

I have a sneaking suspicion that there will be other beautiful blue red blushes later in the year in better formulas, but hell, I'll probably jump on Movie Star because it'll be there first, CCB or not. Maybe I won't be poisoned if I wear it on my lips once in a teeny while??
ohboy.gif

I'm pissed about that too. I want a true red CCB for the eyes.
weeping.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
I actually still have a dark brown that I wear sometimes- Film Noir. It's pretty reddish, which makes it a little more forgiving.

I LOVE Film Noir on. It was one of my first dark lippies.

I may be the odd man out - but I totally LOVE LOVE CCBs! Face, eyes, lips
thmbup.gif
I don't have creasing issues on the eyes so that helps. When used as ES, they make a great base to layer over.

LMD84

Quote:

but Brenda was hot so i bet you looked good...it's just compared to fasion now it seems silly!
tong.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
I LOVE Film Noir on. It was one of my first dark lippies.

I may be the odd man out - but I totally LOVE LOVE CCBs! Face, eyes, lips
thmbup.gif
I don't have creasing issues on the eyes so that helps. When used as ES, they make a great base to layer over.

oh dont get me wrong - i love my pearl ccb - just for on my cheeks
smiles.gif

Latest posts