MAC - Stylishly Yours Discussion

User38

yea .. I most surely do layla darlin -- I have had VI for years, and the red and magenta have served me well in times of trouble
wondering.gif

liba

juicy flocked lips
blush-anim-cl.gif

Ah, the flocked lip! I can hardly wait. When I hear mid-tone blue red, my patience drops precipitously, but I will try and strap myself in.

CCBs are a weird textured formula for me, in any case - much preferred the Cremeblends from Lillyland.

coachkitten

If you like corals then VI is very versatile for your lips or cheeks. I really like it and I am pretty sure that VI is lip safe. I mostly use it on my lips and have never had a problem with it.

BadBadGirl

And I think I'll have to pick up the red CCB, even if it is only face safe.
thmbup.gif
Agreed! I've seen a friend of mine on here (username: LC) do FOTD's with purple shadow over Madly Magenta CCB and it is the coolest thing i've ever seen!

re: Vino & Violetta...I am interested in trying. When you do this, do you cover your whole lip with Vino pencil then go over it with Violetta? Or do you use Vino just on the outer part of yours lips? Thanks!

erine1881

re: Vino & Violetta...I am interested in trying. When you do this, do you cover your whole lip with Vino pencil then go over it with Violetta? Or do you use Vino just on the outer part of yours lips? Thanks!
i know you weren't asking me, but i always, always, line and fill the entire lip with the pencil, then apply the lipstick.

laylalovesmac

Thanks!
thmbup.gif
I'll skip VI then since I would only want to use it for lips. Though, those warnings have never stopped me before.
lol.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks for the tip, Erine! I've never really tried a lip liner this way. Usually I just line and smudge it inwards a bit, with a heavier application in the corners. I'll have to give the full application a shot and see what happens...

DonnaN

After reading through this, I think I may pass on this collection....very bright pinks and corals, which I am not into at the moment. Those pigment colors are a bit scary for me----how would I use them??

User38

katred -- that's why I have recc the gel lip liners several times.. they are less thick in consistency than normal liners and they sit on the lips for a whole day -- any lg or ls will work beautifully on top... also, if you have lip pigmentation probs these will correct them.

User38

true! sometimes we just like to live life on the edge! until our eye balls or lips drop off of course!
tong.gif

general rule of thumb: most eye products are usable on the lips or anywhere on the face. Most lip products are not for use on eyes
hatsoff.gif

laylalovesmac

^ just get the blackened plum fluidline -- it is the star of the collex imo.
If I only get one thing, that will be it! But, I'm also tempted by the BPs even though Erin said they were passable. And of course new pigments. I'd get the red CCB if it were eye safe.
ssad.gif