MAC - Superglass Discussion

Teggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittykit
I checked them out today during lunch break. They are very pretty in the tube. I tried Superflash! They definitely are not for me... I love the colours but not the glitters.

And you can probably find similar gloss colors in other formats anyway.

cno64

I got "Totally Bang!" yesterday, and it is totally gorgeous!
It's pigmented enough to wear alone, and such a cool magenta!
eyelove.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'm actually wearing Fab Frenzy today, over Stylesetter ink stain marker. Strange that the collections came out so close, because I find that these glosses work really well with the markers. Over a lipstick, I find the thick s/g formula way too goopy. But the markers give them the colour background they need and the superglass gives the marker the added moisture it needs.

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
I'm actually wearing Fab Frenzy today, over Stylesetter ink stain marker. Strange that the collections came out so close, because I find that these glosses work really well with the markers. Over a lipstick, I find the thick s/g formula way too goopy. But the markers give them the colour background they need and the superglass gives the marker the added moisture it needs.

I, too, find that if I put on more than a drop or two of Superglass over lipstick, the result is rather "goopy."
Trouble is, by the time I get where I'm going, the small amount of gloss has pretty much dried up, and people tell me, "You should have worn more!"

Rinstar

I have to say.... if there is a F&F sale while these are still on the website, I'm buying like 6 more.

marajode

Well, I keep trying to love my Totally Bang. But every time I wear it, it ends up looking like I have chunks of food on my face, like I didn't use a napkin, after the gloss wears off and the huge glitters stay behind.
I'm so stubborn though, that I never took it back.
I love me some glitters, so this was a major disappointmet for me.

LMD84

i love the promo image for these glosses, just wish that i actually liked the glosses themselves!
tong.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBadGirl
I'm waiting for these to hit the CCO's- I have a feeling they didn't sell all that well.

From the number of stores in my area that still have full or almost full displays, I'd say you were right. I grabbed a fe of them, but I have to say that I don't reach for them all that often. TOL is definitely my favourite and it looks incredible layered over a darker red or plum lipstick. Sort of wish they'd just relaunched lustreglass and brought out new colours in that.

perfect010

I LOVEEEEE this lipglass. Its one of my absolute faves!! I bought the cherry electric and omgosh its such a beautiful color!! I wanna get some more. lol

martiangurll

These look so awesome, but I am on a lipgloss No Buy. (well, until FF, then only unique colors like yellow, green and blue)

liba

I've gotten good use from Cherry Electric and Fab Frenzy, but I think what would have helped these a little would have been if the glitter colors had been more individualized for each shade, like if Cherry Electric had had all red and pink with just a touch of other colors, or Fab Frenzy all blue and purple with a drop of red, or Tunnel of Love with all green and blue.......

That bright multi glitter in every tube was a drawback, imo.

I don't think they sold well, which is a little sad, because with some fine tuning and more variety in the glitter particle colors, they could have been drop dead sexy.

At least we have Dare To Wear glosses now - Superglass over those is ridiculous!!!
drools.gif

Babylard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
I saw this collection today! The glitters definitely looked very pretty when swatched on my hand, but I'm not sure I want glitter particles that big on my lips though. I'm glad to say I'll be passing this collection.
winks.gif

i feel bad for buying so many because my bf looked at my lip and said "theres a big chunky thing stuck on the corner of your lip" and he was actually refering to a glitter chunk from the gloss but just didnt know it
ssad.gif
the dare to wear glosses were probably a better investment