MAC - Superglass Discussion

sss215

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
Ok, Youtube is the devil. I don't know if this has been posted (I don't think so), but this guy is friggin' awesome. He makes me want to go back and buy these damn things!
lol.gif
Actually, I swatched Tunnel of Love several times, kept it on my hand the longest and it was the shade I was dying for in the first pictures that leaked.

Ok I was about to say I wanted it, but I have to edit b/c he mentioned the glitter migrating and I don't want to deal with that. sounds like this product needs perfecting. I will wait it out. But ToL looks so damn awesome.

YouTube - Review/Swatches: MAC Superglass (Entire Collection)

Tunnel of love is amazing! I swear I saw flecks of coral in it. I saw these today for the first time and I thought they weren't so bad. The glitter is more like a foil. flat and not chunky. I loved that color. I need to get it.

cno64

Just throwing this out:
I bought Cherry Electric, and have worn it four times, and I've had one fleck of glitter end up on my cheek.
That's not bad, IMO.

Enchantedcameo

I finally tried one of these yesterday at work. I did't like them, the colors are lovely but all the glitter that was left on my lips after the "gloss" part wore off I didn't like. It's good thing I didn't buy any of them. I would buy a regular dazzleglass.

bumblebees24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchantedcameo
I finally tried one of these yesterday at work. I did't like them, the colors are lovely but all the glitter that was left on my lips after the "gloss" part wore off I didn't like. It's good thing I didn't buy any of them. I would buy a regular dazzleglass.

Agreed. These just did not apply right for me. I love MAC's cremesheens so much better.

dreamer246

If I can safely pass this collection, since I don't use lipglosses often, then good for me. But sometimes I buy stuff just because they look pretty in the tube. That's why I have so many dazzleglasses in my drawer although I hardly use them. Yikes.

EmbalmerBabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1angel
I haven't even stopped to see these at the MAC counter *pats self on the back*. Still staying strong!!!
lol.gif

I finally saw these today. And congrats for resisting! I did not try one on, but the flakies do look a little problematic.I mean how could they not bother your lips at all, in terms of texture?I guess I will not know unless I try one. I did not see a color that was popping out at me. I did like the hexagon shaped tube and the fact that they give you more product than the usual Dazzleglass.
I think I will pass.

only1angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbalmerBabe
I finally saw these today. And congrats for resisting! I did not try one on, but the flakies do look a little problematic.I mean how could they not bother your lips at all, in terms of texture?I guess I will not know unless I try one. I did not see a color that was popping out at me. I did like the hexagon shaped tube and the fact that they give you more product than the usual Dazzleglass.
I think I will pass.

Thanks!
th_hug.gif
But hopefully I won't "sneak" a peak at these when I go buy my TTB goodies
lol.gif
I just have to keep telling myself there will be way better collections coming out!!! And maybe I'll get these when they hit the CCOs

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbalmerBabe
I mean how could they not bother your lips at all, in terms of texture?I guess I will not know unless I try one.

I know I keep raving about my Cherry Electric, but, truthfully, I tried to feel the glitter, and couldn't.
I rubbed my lips together as hard as I could, and felt no roughness.
Maybe I just have High Glitter Tolerance; I don't know ...
th_dunno.gif

dxgirly

Got the last Sugar Overload at my counter last night! woooo! Probably done with this collection now.... but we'll see. lol
tong.gif

kiss

I got Fab Frenzy cause it looked so awesome but on the lips, not so much. It's not sparkly enough for me and very goopy. When you rub your lips together, it's scratchy. If this is what digi pops lipsticks are going to be like, I am passing. I am going to return it. I'd rather get the "boys go crazy" dazzleglass from Digi-pops.

sss215

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss
I got Fab Frenzy cause it looked so awesome but on the lips, not so much. It's not sparkly enough for me and very goopy. When you rub your lips together, it's scratchy. If this is what digi pops lipsticks are going to be like, I am passing. I am going to return it. I'd rather get the "boys go crazy" dazzleglass from Digi-pops.

tunnel of love feels great on. it doesn't feel thick like lipglass and i don't feel any glitter at all.

kiss

I def feel the glitter, it kinda hurts actually. Maybe my lips are more sensitive than yours. I don't like lipglass cause they are sticky but this one makes my lipglasses feel so light in comparison.

I wouldn't be bothered by the texture so much if it looked on the lips like it did in the tube but it doesn't. I think dazzleglasses reflect light off better and look more sparkly.
I think the one that has the most highlighting glitter is cherry electric but the glitter looks so chunky, I am scared of it going in my mouth. lol

Anywhoo these aren't for me.
winks.gif

cno64

Quote:

Anywhoo these aren't for me.
winks.gif

Oh, well; if they're not for you, they're just not.
th_dunno.gif

The MSFs aren't for me, so it balances out.
While I like Superglasses, by no means are these going to put me off Dazzleglasses.

kiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by cno64
Oh, well; if they're not for you, they're just not.
th_dunno.gif

The MSFs aren't for me, so it balances out.
While I like Superglasses, by no means are these going to put me off Dazzleglasses.

Yeah, to each his own as the saying goes
smiles.gif
I can't live without msf's personally. hehe

LMD84

Quote:
smiles.gif

iagree.gif
my msf's are some of my fave mac products!
smiles.gif

libra276

I've never purchased a MSF. I don't "get" the buzz about them.

How are these different than the Dazzleglass?

coachkitten

Quote:
smiles.gif

I can't either! I have them all!
lol.gif

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by libra276
How are these different than the Dazzleglass?

Based on Cherry Electric, the one Superglass I have, the Superglasses are fairly similar to the Dazzleglasses.
Similarities:
Sheer color pay-off, most effective worn over lipstick
Decently long-lasting, for a gloss
Shimmery/sparkly finish, not "frosted"
Pleasant vanilla taste/scent
Brush applicator in cap
Differences:
Sparkle particles in Superglass are larger in size, and there are slightly more of them
The Superglass "modified" cylinders have some flat sides, which means that they can rest vertically on a flat surface without rolling off ( kind of cool)

All that said, while they're both very good sparkly glosses, they're not really *that* different from each other.
If I absolutely had to choose one or the other, I think I prefer Dazzleglass by a very small margin; the sparkle just seems to show up better, for some reason.
YMMV, of course!

dreamer246

I saw this collection today! The glitters definitely looked very pretty when swatched on my hand, but I'm not sure I want glitter particles that big on my lips though. I'm glad to say I'll be passing this collection.
winks.gif

kittykit

I checked them out today during lunch break. They are very pretty in the tube. I tried Superflash! They definitely are not for me... I love the colours but not the glitters.