MAC Taste Temptations Collection (November 2012; December 2012)

princess sarah

Im hoping for the new lipsticks to be mattes as well. I also hope the quads are decent this time around! Mac has really released some disappointing quad quality lately

princess sarah

Ah ok

well I guess really if those 2 are the mattes, and there are mattene in the other collection Im guessing these will be different finishes. cant help that I love everything matte
Yes, this collection includes Pigeon and Parrot. The other one features mattenes.

Mac-Guy

Ah ok

well I guess really if those 2 are the mattes, and there are mattene in the other collection Im guessing these will be different finishes. cant help that I love everything matte
The matte trend is really developing, not just for lippies, but also for face products.

rockin

The lavender quad and maybe Pink Pigeon for me (I already have and love Party Parrot). I love purples, lilacs and lavenders, but think I have enough purple lippies and I don't fancy lilac cheeks.

xasperadastra

I'm interested in the lavender quad too!!
I already have Party parrot, I don't mind pink pigeon and I guess I'll skip the purple lipstcks (sadly purple on my lips is not that good)... but I think there will be also face products.. I hope this one and Strenght collection are not too big... the amount of products of Iris Apfel and Daphne guinness was almost perfect!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Im hoping for the new lipsticks to be mattes as well. I also hope the quads are decent this time around! Mac has really released some disappointing quad quality lately
I'm hoping too. When they're well done, Mac quads are amazing- they have a knack for coming up with lovely colour combinations and the pricing is really hard to beat, even considering the relatively higher Canadian prices. I did like all three quads that came out with the Shop/ Cook collection earlier this year, so I have my fingers crossed they'll be in that league.

Mac-Guy

Info from liba

Originally Posted by liba

Hey Mac-Guy. You can go ahead and change the name of the "Tuxedo" collection to Taste Temptations.

A kind poster in the Strength thread refreshed my memory here. What this Macy's thing is is a 4 hour online promo launch of a few of the products from Taste Temptations. Later, in Jan. the full Taste Temptations collection will be launched from MAC. YES, there are mattenes in this one, including a purple that deep and strong but not blue-ish like Potent Fig. There honestly was so much info swirling in front of my face and it was a real tough day for me anyhow, so by the time I could come share, these details were slipping through the cracks in my skull.

Thankfully, others are helping out here! This collection IS the one with the PLW eye liners, though, and yes mattenes. There are other lip products too, but now I am turned around about whether they are lipsticks or glosses. There are 2 quads in this one and just go ahead and check my other comments in the Early Buzz thread for the other details - I'm pretty sure all those comments have been brought over to the main tuxedo thread, which should be officially Taste Temptations now. PHEW!!!!

Audrey C

Dear MAC,

Thank you, thank you, thank you for launching a collection that is aimed squarely at the lovely NWs out there and that would look hideous on me. I have Christmas gifts to buy and didn't need the distraction of a collection that I couldn't possibly resist.

PS - Dec. 26 is not too soon to return your sights to the NCs among us.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I don't get why this is supposed to be aimed at NW folks.
shrugs.gif
Maybe I missed some info.
Right now I can't get excited for anything but the mineralize collection. I will need promo and product pics for the other ones.

Audrey C

I don't get why this is supposed to be aimed at NW folks.
shrugs.gif
Maybe I missed some info.
Right now I can't get excited for anything but the mineralize collection. I will need promo and product pics for the other ones.
Just thinking out loud...none of the colours I've seen listed (grey purples, fuschias, blacks) would be flattering on someone as warm-toned as I am. I'm generalizing, of course; plenty of NCs are more neutral than I am.

I won't be greedy; I just had SS and tons of corals,oranges and warm reds from MAC and NARS over the spring and summer. I like to see everyone get their turn at kick-ass colours that are just right for them.

Pinkdollface

I'm confused. Are the mattenes in this collection or in the Strength one? I thought this collection would have Pink Pigeon, Party Parrot and two purple lippies in the normal formula. The colours of the mattenes seem to fit the colours that were mentioned in the Strength thread.

Latest posts