MAC Taste Temptations Collection (November 2012; December 2012)

KosmetiKAT

So these products will be available on Thanksgiving via MACYS online for four hours, and then in January with the official launch?

Mac-Guy

So these products will be available on Thanksgiving via MACYS online for four hours, and then in January with the official launch?
It seems we have two dates for the second launch: mid-Dec and mid-Jan. :)

Hopefully, we get the official release dates soon.

liba

It seems we have two dates for the second launch: mid-Dec and mid-Jan. :)

Hopefully, we get the official release dates soon.
When I was peeking at everything in the book, I got a little turned around with the dates, since there are so many collections coming up.

I'm almost 100% positive both this and Strength are out Jan. 6, while in mid-December, we get the Pressed Pigment collection.

Mac-Guy

When I was peeking at everything in the book, I got a little turned around with the dates, since there are so many collections coming up.

I'm almost 100% positive both this and Strength are out Jan. 6, while in mid-December, we get the Pressed Pigment collection.
I almost forgot about the pressed piggies. I'm excited about this one coming out before Christmas. Those sparkles will glam up any holiday activities
eyelove.gif

MRV

I think I have bought so many bright pinks (not my usual colour) and other brights this year alone that I'm still confused
wacko.gif
with the ones I already have!

tats

Wow a purpule/lavender heaven hehe
looks like from this collection I will be getting only lippies.. party parrot & purple 2..
lavender blush sounds amazing but I'm afraid it won't work on me..))

NATlar

I'll only be purchasing the lipsticks out of this collection Pink Pigeon and Party Parrot maybe Purple 1 but I have two tubes of Heroine so maybe not if it's really similar.

Pinkdollface

Well, the Strength collection is a bit more warm toned and comes out the same day......you will still give MAC your $$$.
devil.gif

Here's the confusion - BOTH Strength and Taste Temptations had 2 different sets of lip products. This one is mattenes and (I believe) lipsticks and the other is lipsticks and glosses. Sorry for all this straggly info. I actually am seeing my MA outside of work tomorrow - he's cutting my hair! I doubt he's going to remember everything verbatim out of the book, but at least maybe I can see what's a good day to come back in and get another look at that book from him.

In any case, people are at update this week and I think someone with all the color stories will come out of the woodwork before too long. Suffice it to say, both these collections are HUGE - just tons of products, all of them leaning towards strong lips in purples and magentas and crazy black, etc. 2 quads in each, multiple blushes in each, PWL liners in one (we don't know yet if they're pencils or the push-up self sharpening ones), plus nail polishes in both and assorted stuff like mascara. They both come out on the same day - I THOUGHT it was Jan 6th, but it might be mid-Dec. - I think I can find the answer to that one, at least.

All I can say is keep calm and breathe, ladies!!!!
th_crazy.gif
Thanks that makes things more clear. Uh ow two sets of lipstick and on top of that mattenes! Bye bye money
tong.gif

Eims

I have Quick Sizzle and Candy Yum Yum. Do I still need Pink Pigeon? Could anyone swatch them together? TIA!
th_worship.gif

Quick Sizzle, Pink Pigeon, Candy Yum Yum

QS and PP look much closer in the pic than they do to me on my hand right now. QS is by far the darkest and CYY, imo, isn't much like the other two, much brighter/more neon.

QS is one of the shades I wear most often, probably the least outrageous of the three but still quite bold. I do prefer PP to CYY though, I just find that I can wear it more often. Definitely brighter than QS but not over the top. Very wearable imo. I will hopefully be picking up a BU with this collection

PixieDancer

PARTYYYYY PARROTTTTT! THEE Lippie that converted me to liking bold, bright lips! It took me awhile to come around with it, but now it is a FAV and one I have a bit of an emotional attachment to... Considering ALL the lipsticks I've bought now that I wouldn't have if I had never given Party Parrot a chance!
Backing this baby uppppp!

mallory1712

Well, the Strength collection is a bit more warm toned and comes out the same day......you will still give MAC your $$$.
devil.gif

Here's the confusion - BOTH Strength and Taste Temptations had 2 different sets of lip products. This one is mattenes and (I believe) lipsticks and the other is lipsticks and glosses. Sorry for all this straggly info. I actually am seeing my MA outside of work tomorrow - he's cutting my hair! I doubt he's going to remember everything verbatim out of the book, but at least maybe I can see what's a good day to come back in and get another look at that book from him.

In any case, people are at update this week and I think someone with all the color stories will come out of the woodwork before too long. Suffice it to say, both these collections are HUGE - just tons of products, all of them leaning towards strong lips in purples and magentas and crazy black, etc. 2 quads in each, multiple blushes in each, PWL liners in one (we don't know yet if they're pencils or the push-up self sharpening ones), plus nail polishes in both and assorted stuff like mascara. They both come out on the same day - I THOUGHT it was Jan 6th, but it might be mid-Dec. - I think I can find the answer to that one, at least.

All I can say is keep calm and breathe, ladies!!!!
th_crazy.gif
YOU ARE AWESOME!
th_hug.gif
I am only getting one thing from the holiday collection then. Not crazy about sets anyway...

Audrey C

I wish there were more info ahead of time about up coming collections and releases.

Not all of us can afford to buy everything MAC we like. It would be helpful to know beforehand what was coming out so we could perhaps hold back a bit on an earlier collection, if we knew a later collection had stuff we liked better. Otherwise, we blow our budget on the earlier stuff and can't afford the later stuff.

Some of us just can't afford to keep spending like crazed makeup addicts. And i know some of us miss out on some things because we spent too much a month or two before.
Even when it can be afforded, there does come a point at which enough becomes enough. I've slowed my spending because I just can't justify (to myself) dropping endless sums when I have all that I could possibly need. I now buy less and try to buy only what I love. My new mantra is that if I make a mistake and don't love it, I'm finding it another home. I don't have the desire or room to own products I know I won't use.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by CartoonChic
I just took my wallet out back and shot it. I had to put it out of it's misery. There's no way it's going to survive all of these upcoming collections.

tease.gif
Oh, you are SOOOO right!

I just ordered waaay too much from Glamour Daze - i kept trying to hold back, because of this and the Strength collections - and the new Mineralize stuff next year. I haven't gotten anything from Holiday Fabulousness, and my wallet still needs resuscitation and a transfusion!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I didn't end up getting either Pink Pigeon or Party Parrot, because I felt they were too similar to shades I already own. I do love that new Mac matte formula, though... These aren't my priority for this collection right now. I'm interested in seeing what the quads have to offer, plus the other lipstick shades. This seems almost overwhelming...

liba

tease.gif
Oh, you are SOOOO right!

I just ordered waaay too much from Glamour Daze - i kept trying to hold back, because of this and the Strength collections - and the new Mineralize stuff next year. I haven't gotten anything from Holiday Fabulousness, and my wallet still needs resuscitation and a transfusion!
I'm seeing the whole Glamour Daze collection tomorrow and I am definitely going to hold back on everything. I think I'd rather get more Pressed Pigments than EDES in particular, especially if they're not full size. I'll spend on the Kohl Powers and the f/ls for sure, but the verdict's out on the lipsticks until I try them, the l/gs, blushes and n/ps are out unless there's something really striking I'm missing here, and even with how much I used the EDSFs this year, I have barely made a dent in the ones I have, so I'm not sure I'll back any of them up. By the time I get closer to hitting pan, they'll either be repromoted again or there will be something even better (because I have 100% faith in technology
th_wiggle2.gif
).

There's just too much amazing stuff coming up and I certainly have plenty of MU to use before then.
2cents.gif