MAC Taste Temptations Collection (November 2012; December 2012)

Prettypackages

anyone still loving and using the mattenes.
I am going through my stash and seeing how close Night blooming and Seductive Intent are to other colors.

On me Night Blooming and Daddy's Little Girl are dead on, minus the finish. DLG is similiar to Embrace me. UGH, why do I have so many dupes in my stash? LOL

Seductive Intent is similiar to Strong Woman... and even Feel my Pulse.

I'm not buying another pink or purple lipstick. ;-)

sagehen

anyone still loving and using the mattenes.  I am going through my stash and seeing how close Night blooming and Seductive Intent are to other colors.  On me Night Blooming and Daddy's Little Girl are dead on, minus the finish. DLG is similiar to Embrace me. UGH, why do I have so many dupes in my stash? LOL  Seductive Intent is similiar to Strong Woman... and even Feel my Pulse.   I'm not buying another pink or purple lipstick. ;-) 
Mmmmm hmmmm....

Copperhead

anyone still loving and using the mattenes.
I am going through my stash and seeing how close Night blooming and Seductive Intent are to other colors.

On me Night Blooming and Daddy's Little Girl are dead on, minus the finish. DLG is similiar to Embrace me. UGH, why do I have so many dupes in my stash? LOL

Seductive Intent is similiar to Strong Woman... and even Feel my Pulse.

I'm not buying another pink or purple lipstick. ;-)
We get reeled into buying from a color family that we absolutely love.

MissTT

Mmmmm hmmmm....
lmao.gif
PP, sage ain't gonna hold her breath on that one.

It's funny you mentioned this collection b/c I just wore my lone mattene, Eden Rouge, last week. Second time in my life. I just started wearing lipstick last year so it's funny that the color looks great on me. Last year I was completely nervous about it and thought it was loud. I've never even swatched my Daddy's Little Girl and Embrace Me was tried on once I think. Maybe not. I've worn Feel My Pulse maybe twice. Haven't worn Strong Woman since the winter/early spring. I wonder which lipsticks I wear the most?

Anyway, remind me what was so special about the mattene formula?

Prettypackages

We get reeled into buying from a color family that we absolutely love.
Mac/makeup sucks! LOL
I'm sitting here trying to organize, use stuff, and I'm like WTH?? This stuff is the same. LOL I'm trying to wear different products everyday, and I'm going to wind up looking the same.
Quote: Originally Posted by sagehen

Mmmmm hmmmm....
Oh Hush! LOL

Prettypackages

lmao.gif
PP, sage ain't gonna hold her breath on that one.

It's funny you mentioned this collection b/c I just wore my lone mattene, Eden Rouge, last week. Second time in my life. I just started wearing lipstick last year so it's funny that the color looks great on me. Last year I was completely nervous about it and thought it was loud. I've never even swatched my Daddy's Little Girl and Embrace Me was tried on once I think. Maybe not. I've worn Feel My Pulse maybe twice. Haven't worn Strong Woman since the winter/early spring. I wonder which lipsticks I wear the most?

Anyway, remind me what was so special about the mattene formula?
I know right!!! LOL

I think what was so special is that it was like a matte/satin hybrid. It's matte, but not drying. Other than that. I don't know...

sagehen

:lmao:  PP, sage ain't gonna hold her breath on that one. It's funny you mentioned this collection b/c I just wore my lone mattene, Eden Rouge, last week. Second time in my life. I just started wearing lipstick last year so it's funny that the color looks great on me. Last year I was completely nervous about it and thought it was loud. I've never even swatched my Daddy's Little Girl and Embrace Me was tried on once I think. Maybe not. I've worn Feel My Pulse maybe twice. Haven't worn Strong Woman since the winter/early spring. I wonder which lipsticks I wear the most? Anyway, remind me what was so special about the mattene formula?
Bolded No. 1: I'll bet a lot of things look great on you, you just have to get used to seeing yourself in them. Bolded No. 2: IMO, the special part is the matte-ish finish with the ease of applying like a satin lipstick, and the non-drying aspect.

MissTT

Thanks ladies. Mattenes seem like a lifetime ago.

A couple of weeks ago I wanted to wear a gold shadow so I swatched the three I had. Girl don't you know they were all pretty much identical. I was so mad at myself. And none were as gold as I wanted them to be so I had to run to the store and buy another. Crying shame! The good news is it's helping me slow way down on makeup shopping. I'm glad to hear you're going through your stash, PP, to help you give your stash a good evaluation. I want a new car so I gotta do the same thing.

Prettypackages

Thanks ladies. Mattenes seem like a lifetime ago.

A couple of weeks ago I wanted to wear a gold shadow so I swatched the three I had. Girl don't you know they were all pretty much identical. I was so mad at myself. And none were as gold as I wanted them to be so I had to run to the store and buy another. Crying shame!
LMAO... I think I'm done with gold for awhile. Gold and Bronze.

martiangurll

Bolded No. 1: I'll bet a lot of things look great on you, you just have to get used to seeing yourself in them. Bolded No. 2: IMO, the special part is the matte-ish finish with the ease of applying like a satin lipstick, and the non-drying aspect.
I agree with your reasons as to why mattenes are the shizz. Eden Rouge is such a gorgeous Autumn color. Gotta dig that puppy out.

LouGarner

anyone still loving and using the mattenes.  I am going through my stash and seeing how close Night blooming and Seductive Intent are to other colors.  On me Night Blooming and Daddy's Little Girl are dead on, minus the finish. DLG is similiar to Embrace me. UGH, why do I have so many dupes in my stash? LOL  Seductive Intent is similiar to Strong Woman... and even Feel my Pulse.   I'm not buying another pink or purple lipstick. ;-) 
I totally agree. I have pink pigeon, embrace me, candy yum yum and night blooming and they all look similar. I have a lot of dupes in my collection as well. I think it's the limited edition that gets us all.

Prettypackages

I totally agree. I have pink pigeon, embrace me, candy yum yum and night blooming and they all look similar. I have a lot of dupes in my collection as well. I think it's the limited edition that gets us all.
Yup! Guess I can "share" some with my Mom now. LOL she's been trying to get me to give her my dupes for awhile now.

liba

Yup! Guess I can "share" some with my Mom now. LOL she's been trying to get me to give her my dupes for awhile now.
I wish my mother wore more makeup so I could share more with her! I've given her a few lipsticks she's admired on me or that worked better on her, like Fresh Salmon and Funbathing, and when I see her wear them, I get all proud and excited!
bigheart.gif

Richelle83

I wish my mother wore more makeup so I could share more with her! I've given her a few lipsticks she's admired on me or that worked better on her, like Fresh Salmon and Funbathing, and when I see her wear them, I get all proud and excited!
bigheart.gif
I've done that just so neither my mom or sister complained about how much makeup I have. Mom wanted a red, she didn't like Ruby Woo or MAC Red but Red Racer was bright enough for her. Oddly enough I've never seen her wear red until that day!

Prettypackages

I've done that just so neither my mom or sister complained about how much makeup I have. Mom wanted a red, she didn't like Ruby Woo or MAC Red but Red Racer was bright enough for her. Oddly enough I've never seen her wear red until that day!
My mom isn't into makeup either and like you Richelle, I'd be bribing her with it! LOL I bought her narcissus, and she loved it.