MAC Temperature Rising Collection (May 2013)

matchachoco

I finally found a good use for my 187 brush! If I use it for MSFs, I get no color. Ripe for Love requires a really light hand or else I look like an Oompa Loompa, so enter the 187! It put a nice wash of peachy coral on my cheeks, neither too much nor too little! This only worked with a freshly cleaned brush, so I think I'm going to have to start washing them more often. Probably a good idea anyway!

MissTT

Yes, yes it will be so fun to put what I have been learning over the years - especially here- into practice and hopefully help someone else. I'm learning things like physiology of skin, hair, teeth, etc. The training is commendable. I have a new appreciation for people who work in stores like this where they must learn to be an expert in a vast amount of products from hundreds of brands. Some brands have different philosophies so it's really a challenge.

PixieDancer you are so right and thanks for your words. I do know much more than I let on about makeup and skincare. When I was working with the girls who'd had been training a week before I joined several of them told me I knew a lot. It was nice to be validated. I am already proud of myself for the breadth of knowledge I have of the products sold there. A few dozen client interactions will hopefully build my confidence. I feel like I'm always one to be asking questions around here, but much of it is b/c I think there is always a better way of doing things so I like to hear you ladies' thoughts.

TwistedFaith

Just wanted to alert all to my new fave lip combo: Caliente on top of lips lined and filled with Heroine lipliner! I wasn't crazy about Caliente before this, it was a little more subdued than I expected it to be on me. But I'm loving it with Heroine l/l. It really brings out and plays up the violet in Caliente and creates this beautiful bright violet-gold yumminess.

2browneyes

Just wanted to alert all to my new fave lip combo: Caliente on top of lips lined and filled with Heroine lipliner! I wasn't crazy about Caliente before this, it was a little more subdued than I expected it to be on me. But I'm loving it with Heroine l/l. It really brings out and plays up the violet in Caliente and creates this beautiful bright violet-gold yumminess.
I'm gonna try this combo :)

lizzylu23

Tell me how it works for you when you do! Can't recommend it enough. It really is! Absolutely gorgeous and versatile. I wish MAC would consider making it a permanent addition to their collection. I can tell I'm going to blaze through this baby!
I wish I had caliente l/s :( but I do own the liner

TwistedFaith

I wish I had caliente l/s :( but I do own the liner
At this point it's probably a lot harder to track down Heroine l/l than Caliente; I think that was the first and maybe only thing to sell out online from the TT collection. Hopefully they will do a restock online of Caliente and you can grab it up. MAC can be random like that. If they restock Heroine l/l I'm going to need to get a back up because I tend to run through lipliners fairly quick.

lizzylu23

At this point it's probably a lot harder to track down Heroine l/l than Caliente; I think that was the first and maybe only thing to sell out online from the TT collection. Hopefully they will do a restock online of Caliente and you can grab it up. MAC can be random like that. If they restock Heroine l/l I'm going to need to get a back up because I tend to run through lipliners fairly quick.
Hopefully they do restock on Caliente l/s.... oh I meant to write that I own Heroine l/l and now I regret not buying the two that were left when I bought mine :'(

Ashleybubbles83

It really is! Absolutely gorgeous and versatile. I wish MAC would consider making it a permanent addition to their collection. I can tell I'm going to blaze through this baby!
from the few swatches i've seen, the purple pro longwear liner thats coming with the retro matte collection looks close to heroine liner. and it's permanent.

martiangurll

from the few swatches i've seen, the purple pro longwear liner thats coming with the retro matte collection looks close to heroine liner. and it's permanent.
I really hope you are right. I want to try Caliente layered over different purple liners. That was a great idea.

I finally used RFL blush and boy, that sucker is pigmented. Great color though. I am such a dork taking so long to try new things. I guess I have to get past the admiring the beauty of the product in teh package phase.

Ashleybubbles83

I really hope you are right.  I want to try Caliente layered over different purple liners.  That was a great idea. I finally used RFL blush and boy, that sucker is pigmented.  Great color though.  I am such a dork taking so long to try new things.  I guess I have to get past the admiring the beauty of the product in teh package phase.
I take forever to try new products too! I just tried underdressed Lipglass for the first time this week. Man is that glitter heaven! But it was just so pretty!

P

pockykami

I take forever to try new products too! I just tried underdressed Lipglass for the first time this week. Man is that glitter heaven! But it was just so pretty!
I'm still on that phase too! Plus it's hard to want to use some of these items because they are now so hard to find. I got a bu of underdressed, but I'm still afraid to lose it or use it up.

IHughes

Lol I'm the opposite, I want to try the product as soon as possible and it overthrows any other I might be using at the time!! From this collection I only have the Temperature Rising quad and I use it so much! It's great for when I want purple tones which compliment my eyes but I want a softer look.

CydYoshi

Hello !

Dumb question : How do you clean this special packaging ?
The box of my bronzer got dirty and I tried to wipe it with a dry kleenex but it doesn't work very well. I didn't dare to try wet cloth...
001_unsure.gif

Thank you in advance

NewChick10

Quote:Originally Posted by pockykami

I'm still on that phase too! Plus it's hard to want to use some of these items because they are now so hard to find. I got a bu of underdressed, but I'm still afraid to lose it or use it up.

Girl you better rock it before it goes bad overtime....... Lately I have been using my LE products because I'm over the staring at phase lol........

P

pockykami

Girl you better rock it before it goes bad overtime....... Lately I have been using my LE products because I'm over the staring at phase lol........
You're totally right. But it's kind of tough when you see it going for $125 on ebay. But I have definitely worn it a few times. I'm mostly afraid ill lose it if I carry it around.

allthingsglam

You're totally right. But it's kind of tough when you see it going for $125 on ebay. But I have definitely worn it a few times. I'm mostly afraid ill lose it if I carry it around.
I feel the same way about lippies and gloss that I love I didn't put heroine lipglass in my makeup bag until I safely got a bu so I feel u on that