MAC Temperature Rising Collection (May 2013)

trina11225

Ripe for love was the only thing i ended up keeping from this collection, so pretty . Have to wear with a bronzer first sometimes, for it show on my skin tone, through.

ma146rina

I was very pleased w/ this collection, mainly with the blushes since I don't have to abuse them in order for them to show up. My mom is still very much in love w/ Caliente which I donated to her, the only thing I've used only once is the Elixir thing mixed w/ foundation because I don't really know how to use it. When I used it that one time I ended up looking like sand paper or something. Ill have to give it another try, maybe just as a highlight this time.
You can mix it with your primer too,i think it looks better that way:)

MRV

I was very pleased w/ this collection, mainly with the blushes since I don't have to abuse them in order for them to show up. My mom is still very much in love w/ Caliente which I donated to her, the only thing I've used only once is the Elixir thing mixed w/ foundation because I don't really know how to use it. When I used it that one time I ended up looking like sand paper or something. Ill have to give it another try, maybe just as a highlight this time.
You can also try it over primer & under foundation. Or just over your moisturiser.

I loved this collection, too. Especially the eye stuff, BMS Quad and the copper jumbo pen.

LdMD

I just bought the "Sun Dipped" Pro Longwear Bronzer! Last week, actually. I'm waiting for it, but it's going to arrive at the end of the week, I guess. Both Pro Longwear Bronzers are still available in my country, as some of the Powerchrome Eye Pencils, "Hot Nights" Powder Blush and "Man Rays" Bronzing Oil. I'm not into Summer's Collections, so I didn't care for this one. Now I'm excited for my Bronzer! It looks gorgeous! I read good reviews about it on T's and @Beautezine blogs. Jessica looks amazing wearing it!!! http://www.beautezine.com/mac-summer-2013-pro-longwear-bronzers-review-photos-swatches/ I can't wait!
yahoo.gif

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by Wolverina
That's funny! I've been trying to complete my Digi Dazzles since I just love them so desperately and find them so unique. I'm psyched I finally got ahold of Liquid Lurex and still kick myself for not getting Hellraiser(?). I haven't had issues with migrating glitter but I am definately in the camp of " A little glitter never hurt no one" and this applies to UD fallout as well. I never mind the spangly bits falling onto the top of my cheeks.

My feeling about glitter is in my sig line
bigstar.gif
There wasn't glitter in makeup when i was in jr. hi and HS back in the early to mid-1960s, so glitter isn't a teen thing for. To me, it's fun - i just don't use it every day. And when i use it i don't use glitter products everywhere.

When the Digi-pop Dazzle lipsticks came out I wasn't sure i was really going to get back into makeup, so all i bought was Liquid Lurex and Hellraiser. Much to my regret.

With the Temperature Rising collection, i got Caliente, AND i even backed it up! and i hardly ever get a BU (i can count them on one hand). Lately I've been wearing a dot of Caliente in the center of my lips when i wear one out of all those matte deep red / plum / purple lipsticks that i've gotten in the past few months - Heaux, Fixed On Drama, Talk That Talk, Instigator, NARS Train Bleu, etc.

Wolverina

My feeling about glitter is in my sig line :bigstar:  There wasn't glitter in makeup when i was in jr. hi and HS back in the early to mid-1960s, so glitter isn't a teen thing for. To me, it's fun - i just don't use it every day. And when i use it i don't use glitter products everywhere. When the Digi-pop Dazzle lipsticks came out I wasn't sure i was really going to get back into makeup, so all i bought was Liquid Lurex and Hellraiser. Much to my regret. With the Temperature Rising collection, i got Caliente, AND i even backed it up! and i hardly ever get a BU (i can count them on one hand). Lately I've been wearing a dot of Caliente in the center of my lips when i wear one out of all those matte deep red / plum / purple lipsticks that i've gotten in the past few months - Heaux, Fixed On Drama, Talk That Talk, Instigator, NARS Train Bleu, etc. My feeling about glitter is in my sig line :bigstar:  There wasn't glitter in makeup when i was in jr. hi and HS back in the early to mid-1960s, so glitter isn't a teen thing for. To me, it's fun - i just don't use it every day. And when i use it i don't use glitter products everywhere. When the Digi-pop Dazzle lipsticks came out I wasn't sure i was really going to get back into makeup, so all i bought was Liquid Lurex and Hellraiser. Much to my regret. With the Temperature Rising collection, i got Caliente, AND i even backed it up! and i hardly ever get a BU (i can count them on one hand). Lately I've been wearing a dot of Caliente in the center of my lips when i wear one out of all those matte deep red / plum / purple lipsticks that i've gotten in the past few months - Heaux, Fixed On Drama, Talk That Talk, Instigator, NARS Train Bleu, etc.
I worked as an admin at UCSF when I was younger and I'll never forget trying to describe my style to someone and my immediate supervisor interjected with the suggestion that my style was "witch" and her inflection was definately derogatory. For some reason after that I had no trouble being exactly who I was, apparently someone who made Macy's skirt suits look "witchy". Now I work graveyard in what essentially amounts to an orphanage so I approach makeup with a lot of flair and fun because it can be an overwhelmingly sad environment. Plenty of folks don't have that option, but I need my colorful rituals to prep me for going into the trenches. I went to Starbucks the other day and the Barista asked me what lipstick I was wearing (Film Noir) and then proceeded to ask her manager if she would be allowed to wear it to work. He said he thought not. She and I discussed the simple freedom of being able to decorate our faces as we wished. I am naturally shy and I don't mind my cosmetics introducing me. I was a child of the 90's and used to use body glitter from a sex shop in Santa Cruz on my cheeks obsessively but I've also got a pretty steady Theda Bara aesthetic. Now that I've rambled painfully- I've neglected my Digi Dazzles terribly. I need to dust them off and rock them at work with my bland scrubs. Still looking for Hellraiser, I've always wanted to try Train Bleu and I'm still searching for Punk Couture. I didn't get FOD but have admired it on many lovely Specktra-ites.

liba

Eek, back on topic! I was tempted by Narcissus but the high cost for so little product deterred me. It helps to hear someone isn't crazy about it because everyone else seems to love it!
Liquid Lurex looks amazing underneath lipglasses that have that strong pearl in them. I'd wear it all the time with Spree and the light green one, both also from the Felines collection. You could use something like Liqueur too. Give it a try!

I was a lot more conservative about how much makeup I'd buy in the DigiDazzle days, so I only have Hellraiser, Liquid Lurex and Hot Sass. Wish I'd gotten the red one! I do love my Caliente and Sheer Seduction and Smash Hit and will pretty much buy any Dazzle finishes that may come down the line in the future. Please do an amazing SCARLET RED one!!!! And a BLACK one with BLACK dazzle!!!!!!!!

butterflyeyes

I was going through some of my makeup to see what I want to get rid of and add to the clearance bin...I'm thinking I might finally let go of some of the lipsticks that I only used or swatched once because I doubt I'll really use then. The only lippie I really love from the collection was Feel My Pulse.

LC Balthazar

I worked as an admin at UCSF when I was younger and I'll never forget trying to describe my style to someone and my immediate supervisor interjected with the suggestion that my style was "witch" and her inflection was definately derogatory. For some reason after that I had no trouble being exactly who I was, apparently someone who made Macy's skirt suits look "witchy". Now I work graveyard in what essentially amounts to an orphanage so I approach makeup with a lot of flair and fun because it can be an overwhelmingly sad environment. Plenty of folks don't have that option, but I need my colorful rituals to prep me for going into the trenches. I went to Starbucks the other day and the Barista asked me what lipstick I was wearing (Film Noir) and then proceeded to ask her manager if she would be allowed to wear it to work. He said he thought not. She and I discussed the simple freedom of being able to decorate our faces as we wished. I am naturally shy and I don't mind my cosmetics introducing me. I was a child of the 90's and used to use body glitter from a sex shop in Santa Cruz on my cheeks obsessively but I've also got a pretty steady Theda Bara aesthetic. Now that I've rambled painfully- I've neglected my Digi Dazzles terribly. I need to dust them off and rock them at work with my bland scrubs. Still looking for Hellraiser, I've always wanted to try Train Bleu and I'm still searching for Punk Couture. I didn't get FOD but have admired it on many lovely Specktra-ites.
Hello Wolverina! I went to ucsf for grad school! Which department did you work in? Your current job is noble but likely emotionally draining (I work in a pediatric hospital, we have a lot of patients who come from those types of facilities). I'm glad you get to wear fun makeup at least..

Wolverina

Hello Wolverina! I went to ucsf for grad school! Which department did you work in? Your current job is noble but likely emotionally draining (I work in a pediatric hospital, we have a lot of patients who come from those types of facilities). I'm glad you get to wear fun makeup at least..
Hey! I worked in Peds and Rad Onc back when Noah's bagels was still around! Dad still teaches sometimes at UCSF(Psych/works at SFGH) . Those were some really fun years and I worked with some really cool people. I grew up at Yellow Submarine and now I'm getting very hungry. Funny thing is I left to get a teaching credential but I'm now back in school to be a Surg tech. Basically my goal being to get back to Santa Cruz and afford a comfortable lifestyle. Sorry to have hijacked the thread On a makeup related note, I'll come in for my shift sometimes and there will be girls playing with make up that their estranged family members have brought them and it leaves such a bitter taste in my mouth that staff have let these elementary school aged exploited girls put on pink eye shadow and red lipstick. It's not just dress up in their case. Sorry to rant- I just love cosmetics so much but I think these girls need to just be girls and not focus on their ability to be physically alluring. Their history adds a sad dimension that keeps it from being purely play. Again sorry to get serious and dark- just something that goes unheeded at work but really chaps my hide.

hazyday

I found Ripe for Love today at the CCO! :encore: I'm so happy because I regretted not snapping that up.

Icecaramellatte

Since this thread got bumped, I will chime in. I haven't worn much of the lip colors from this collecition this fall/winter. I like them better for summer. I will say I have worn the Hot Nights blush quite a bit this fall/winter and I pulled out one of the quads not too long ago. I need to work the other quad into rotation soon. I do look forward to pulling everything out again this spring/summer as I still like all that I bought.

patentg33k

Okay, I'll play too then! I've been using these eyeshadow quads quite a bit throughout this season. I know I'll reach for the MSF's more as the weather warms up--I'm distracted with the Magnetic Nude extra dimension skin finishes at the moment. And the blushes are great for summer. For me, the winners were the e/s quads, MSFs (all 3) and the blushes. Loved this collection.

Audrey C

I just swapped for Ripe for Love - I'm looking forward to trying that when it comes. I wore Bare My Soul a couple of days ago and Adored today; I hadn't used either in awhile but I'm making an effort to rotate through my stash.

Latest posts