MAC Temperature Rising Collection (May 2013)

BBmorgan

good point... i guess sometimes it's hard to know where to draw the line, so it's more effective and fair to draw it farther from the edge... for some reason it's not quoting your actual text for me! i didn't get either of the quads. i did get the perm + my version of dupes for the temp rising quad...and i wear those shades a lot! the least worn item is caliente...but that's because it's only really appropriate on me for night time/going out.  did you get either quad? what did you think of the things you picked up? it's funny what people think is pink vs purple. i had someone refer to my pink lipstick when i wore riri boy...i was extremely confused for a moment because in the context of what was said, i didn't know if she meant the lipstick i was wearing, or another lipstick she had witnessed and recalled vividly...
What were the dupes for the temperature rising quad? I liked the quad, but then heard there were dupes so then I decided it wasn't really needed

IHughes

I like the temperature rising quad. The colours are very suitable for day and work so I can get several day looks or darken it more with beauty marked.

MRV

This is one of my favorite collections this year! I was wearing yesterday the BMS quad, RFL blush, and FMP lippie. Uuh!

aradhana

What were the dupes for the temperature rising quad? I liked the quad, but then heard there were dupes so then I decided it wasn't really needed
i would also check earlier in the thread - erine suggested some. i found for my skin tone, the dupes (well, beautymarked is just perm): beautymarked, trax, shale and nanogold.
i think she suggested hush eyeshadow, which no longer around except some people found them at cco's.

matchachoco

Funny b/c I just thought about my BMS quad today and was thinking of using it tomorrow. I don't use the quad as much as I should, but I've used it. I wore FMP lipstick last week and people thought it was pink so I was kind of annoyed by that. I was going for a purple look. The dazzle lipsticks I just need to give away. I don't even understand those on my lips. Mouth full of migrating glitter.
I feel the same way! I have 2 that have been worn probably 2 times each since Digi-pops, and they just make me mad!

Wolverina

I feel the same way! I have 2 that have been worn probably 2 times each since Digi-pops, and they just make me mad!
That's funny! I've been trying to complete my Digi Dazzles since I just love them so desperately and find them so unique. I'm psyched I finally got ahold of Liquid Lurex and still kick myself for not getting Hellraiser(?). I haven't had issues with migrating glitter but I am definately in the camp of " A little glitter never hurt no one" and this applies to UD fallout as well. I never mind the spangly bits falling onto the top of my cheeks.

MissTT

I never even opened my Narcissus. Maybe I'll try All My Purple Life. Oh wait, I have that Maybelline Mirrored Plum gloss.

dolleyes

Yay! Will get my Nude on Board this weekend. I'm sooo excited. Hope it will look good on me. :) I was sooo late with this collection.

MACerette

I'm not too impressed with Narcissus. I don't really get the hype. Fair enough, I am no gloss girl. Give me a nice opaque lipstick over a gloss anyday. There is only one exception for me: Star Quality is the only gloss I will completely finish or at least 95% before it goes bad.

matchachoco

That's funny! I've been trying to complete my Digi Dazzles since I just love them so desperately and find them so unique. I'm psyched I finally got ahold of Liquid Lurex and still kick myself for not getting Hellraiser(?). I haven't had issues with migrating glitter but I am definately in the camp of " A little glitter never hurt no one" and this applies to UD fallout as well. I never mind the spangly bits falling onto the top of my cheeks.
It is funny how glitter fallout is a total deal breaker for some and no big deal for others! I'm somewhere in the middle - I don't wear my glitter shadows to work because I feel like people won't take me as seriously with glitter on my cheeks, but I don't mind it on the weekends! Luckily, my work is really nonchalant about appearances (it's a lab), so it wouldn't matter if I was glittery anyway. Good luck completing your dazzles collection! I have Liquid Lurex and Snazzy, and I plan to wear Snazzy in December. LL is tougher though... So unique but so hard to use. Eek, back on topic! I was tempted by Narcissus but the high cost for so little product deterred me. It helps to hear someone isn't crazy about it because everyone else seems to love it!

bluelitzer

Last night I wore the Romantico e/s on the lid over Indianwood paint pot and finally it showed up like I wanted it to look. I paired the outer lid with Palace Pedigreed from Indulge. Love.

MRV

Oops, what brush do use with Nude On Board? It doesn't apply well on my skin :( I only see the shimmer :(
It originally came with the 167 brush (the white & better version) but it was LE so it's probably hard to find. 167 is a soft brush (for a soft product) which makes me think it won't give that much colour anyway.

martiangurll

It is funny how glitter fallout is a total deal breaker for some and no big deal for others! I'm somewhere in the middle - I don't wear my glitter shadows to work because I feel like people won't take me as seriously with glitter on my cheeks, but I don't mind it on the weekends! Luckily, my work is really nonchalant about appearances (it's a lab), so it wouldn't matter if I was glittery anyway. Good luck completing your dazzles collection! I have Liquid Lurex and Snazzy, and I plan to wear Snazzy in December. LL is tougher though... So unique but so hard to use. Eek, back on topic! I was tempted by Narcissus but the high cost for so little product deterred me. It helps to hear someone isn't crazy about it because everyone else seems to love it!
Maybelline Mirrored Plum gloss is a solid low buy dupe for Narcissus IMHO. HTH

Ana A

I was very pleased w/ this collection, mainly with the blushes since I don't have to abuse them in order for them to show up. My mom is still very much in love w/ Caliente which I donated to her, the only thing I've used only once is the Elixir thing mixed w/ foundation because I don't really know how to use it. When I used it that one time I ended up looking like sand paper or something. Ill have to give it another try, maybe just as a highlight this time.

michelle79

I loved this collection too. FMP was one of my most worn lippies of this year, it's almost halfway gone. The blushes were great too.

Latest posts