MAC The Matte Lip Collection (Oct 9, 2014)

montREALady

Note to self: Order Tasty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, do it!!
poke.gif

lumaday

Wearing it today!

Pander Me with NYX Rose Brown lip pencil
That looks great on you! It pulls pretty dark on me but I'm pale as a ghost. I guess it's one of those great universal shades! I'm glad to have a BU. I wonder how it compares to Persistence from the new matte collection.

montREALady

That looks great on you! It pulls pretty dark on me but I'm pale as a ghost. I guess it's one of those great universal shades! I'm glad to have a BU. I wonder how it compares to Persistence from the new matte collection.
My sis has Persistence and still bought Pander Me last week at the CCO. It seems like it would be the same but it translated differently on her lips. Even when she's wearing one she thinks it looks like the other when she looks in the mirror, but they don't. She's a little lighter than me but I can ask her to swatch them for you.

lumaday

If she wouldn't mind that would be great! I'm thinking about getting Persistence but I also want Whirl and they look very similar, it seems like Whirl is more brown.
My sis has Persistence and still bought Pander Me last week at the CCO. It seems like it would be the same but it translated differently on her lips. Even when she's wearing one she thinks it looks like the other when she looks in the mirror, but they don't. She's a little lighter than me but I can ask her to swatch them for you.

Prettypackages

Out of this release I originally got Fashion Revival, Pander Me, and Nouvelle Vogue with BU's of Pander and Nouvelle. Then I became obsessed with tracking down Styled in Sepia at a reasonable price. It's going for $60 + on eBay! I finally found it on MUABS gently used for $23 shipped and snapped it up. It's such an interesting shade and like nothing else I have. Even if I don't wear it a lot I'm just happy to finally have it!
what is MUAB?

lumaday

what is MUAB?
MUABS is the Makeup and Beauty Sale website. It's MUABS.com (I hope it's ok to post that here - sorry if it's not!). I've been a member for about 6 months now and I've gotten a ton of great stuff for very fair prices. Basically it's just a place for people to sell gently used or new cosmetics or other beauty items that they don't want anymore. I just picked up MAC Buff, Prism, and Melba blushes swatched only for $10 each and some LE MAC lipsticks. I also found my favorite discontinued highlighter, Lorac Spotlight, for cheap too! It kind of sounds like what the the Clearance Bin is on here. I've made about 10 purchases with no issues and always authentic and well packaged items.

I like that they have a shopping cart option for purchasing multiple items from the same seller and all the payments are through PayPal.

Sweetyellow

And she was right when she first swatched it. She kept telling me it looked like Taupe. They're dupes!
I have all three and they are not dupes at all. I can see how it would translate that way on some people though. I notice that Pander Me is way more orange than Taupe which leans more brown and Persistence is just darker than the others.

montREALady

So beautiful Mont.
Thanks!
I have all three and they are not dupes at all. I can see how it would translate that way on some people though. I notice that Pander Me is way more orange than Taupe which leans more brown and Persistence is just darker than the others.
I was talking about Taupe and Pander Me. She was saying to me she thinks they're identical looking at them on her arm (in person). Persistence is totally different, yeah.