MAC - To The Beach Discussion

ThePowderPuff

Don't like the packaging at all. It looks cheap to me. But I will definitely get som of those Duo Fiber brushes
th_DANCE.gif
th_DANCE.gif
th_DANCE.gif

Gorgeous

i think the packaging is cute! and LUSTER DROPS ARE BACK!!! wooooot!!! this collection is right up my alley!!! loveeee it
tong.gif
th_DANCE.gif

aussiemacluvrrr

Waking up this morning and seeing the promo pics and discussion threads already for a collection that doesn't come out in Aus until May/June has officially put me into MAC burnout! I looked at the collection and NOTHING interested me.....
cry.gif
I feel like it is all the same stuff just renamed and repackaged... Even the cream bronzers arent calling my name...

ThePowderPuff

shockt.gif
shockt.gif

I just took a closer look at the collection. For the first time in the history of man I am interested in a MAC nail polish. Thought that I would never own one, I have found every single one boring or straight down ugly. But that "In the Buff" sounds amazing! And unique!

Will I have to buy a nail polish from MAC? A very dear friend of mine will absolutely kill me if I do.

spectrolite

^When I first saw the packaging I thought it looked kinda cheap and Avon-y but the little starfish on the blush and the sea horsey on the highlight powder are adorable. >_< My list for this is pretty short thankfully.

Easy Lounger lipglass
Float on By Eye Kohl
Marine Life Highlight Powder <3 Cuuuuute!
Scorcher Nail Polish - if the formula is good.
#130 Brush

shootergirlnc

Oh goodness, I know what mama wants for mother's day this May!!! Everything up there is calling me! I live 35 minutes from the beach, and these are the types of colors I wear in the summer when I'm darker. This is perfect for me! I can't wait till the swatches start popping up!

AudreyNicole

I actually quite like the green packaging, but I don't care for the green/orange combo. IMO it should have been all one color. I don't want a ton from this collection, but the few things I am eyeing, I am excited about
smiles.gif
I think I would like:

Sweet & Punchy e/s – Bright Yellow Green (Veluxe Pearl)
Shimmermoss e/s – Green with Green Pearl (Veluxe Pearl) (WHY don't I have this already?)
Easy Lounger l/g – Light Baby Pink with Multi-Dimensional Pearl
Float on By e/k – Dark Green Turquoise
Hipness Blush – Intense Coral with Soft White Pearl (Frost)

Sophia84

I'm really loving all 3 of the lipglasses,which is weird for me!!!! And I'm also loning the Get-Away Bronze blush
drools.gif

Not liking the e/s that much, but I'll have to wait to see more pics!!

And the BeachBound l/s colorwise looks really close to my beloved Pleasureseeker, and they have the same formula, Glaze. That's good because there's only half left of my Pleasureseeker!

And I have to say again that the In the Buff lacquer it's really make me wanna
sick.gif
throwup.gif
Muted Taupe Avocado????
nope.gif
yucky.gif

*JJ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katjamo
There's a mistake in the information thread
smiles.gif

the type o had me confused
tong.gif

miss_primer

From the leaked photo of the collection I can piece what some of those things are in the photo. I love the eyeshadows and I definitely want to try the cream bronzers. I definitely want the eyeshadows. I think this collection will be a major haul. Alot of the repromotes I skipped last year like the lustre drops and I dont have any of MAC's bronzers but solar riche. I already made my list. Hoping the list will shrink when we get some swatches.

abbyquack

I love the models swimsuit, I wish they were releasing that too!
drools.gif
But in truth, I am kinda disappointed w this collection. There are maybe 2 or 3 eyeshadows and 1 lipstick that I like, but Im not excited like I was with Style Warriors or Neo Sci-Fi. Nothing screams must have to me, but maybe it is bc my collection has come full circle?
th_dunno.gif

PurpleOrchid

Though it's cute, I'll probably will myself to pass on the gimmicky seahorse powder. It kind of reminds me of Chantecaille's previous special releases with the gorgeous designs...like they're trying to mimic those.

MzzRach

Loving that we have some Veluxe Pearl shadows! And all the coral. MAC is doing a lot of coral this year, me likey.
winkiss.gif

I need to process all the new collection info and then can start with list making. ;-) The cream bronzers are tempting, but I have enough bronzer to last me 10 lifetimes.
lol.gif

DILLIGAF

I'm thinking this will be a conservative collection for me. I can see myself with 2 shadows, 1 lusterdrops and the 131 brush that's it for me.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by karebear3289
I hope the highlight powder isn't just an overspray :/

it will be.
ssad.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by karebear3289
I hope the highlight powder isn't just an overspray :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
it will be.
ssad.gif

I am betting so, too. Have we seen a highlight powder yet that wasn't overspray? Dame Edma, Baloonacy, Naked Honey... they were all overspray. When I hear the words "highlight powder" I automatically assume the pretty will be gone in one swipe
ssad.gif