MAC Très Cheek Collection - (April 3, 2014)

purplevines

Out of curiosity. Is this a new version of FoJ? I got the original from the first time and it's quite light and not too purpley on me. I have seen some swatches and this FoJ looks a little different. More purple. I don't know if it's my eyes, computer or if I am just hopeful. Anyone?
shrugs.gif
If it's newer and darker I am going to get it.
http://www.temptalia.com/mac-full-of-joy-blush-review-photos-swatches -->2012 FoJ

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-full-joy-peony-petal-blushes-reviews-photos-swatches-2014 ---> 2014 FoJ

The differences seem minimal... the lighting is still not the same in both the photos but 2012 FoJ seems more powdery and white based. I would go in with your old one to compare and see if it is worth it for you.

I only have the new one myself, sorry!

Prettypackages

It sounds like they are improved then, if they removed the white base and powdery feeling. That's why a lot of darker skin tones did not like these last year.

purplevines

It sounds like they are improved then, if they removed the white base and powdery feeling.  That's why a lot of darker skin tones did not like these last year. 
Ya I just can't tell if they did remove the white since it's different lighting, but it does look improved!

Dany

For pale, cool skin tones (I'm about NW13), which is the absolute must-have: Peony Petal or Full of Joy?

House of Fraser seem to have these up online although nowhere else in the UK has them. Perhaps they're leftovers from the previous collection. But with click and collect, I can have the blushes in my hands by tomorrow. I'm just trying to decide between these two. I've wanted Modern Mandarin for ages, so that one's definitely going to be mine.
I got Full of Joy from House of Fraser too after seeing your post :) Always wanted this blush.

Anyway just wanted to say this also works as a really lovely eyeshadow, I blended it over Omega and with the blush on also it looked really nice :)

Sarah Townsend

Full of Joy has become my favorite "fun" blush ever. For an everyday look I wear something matte and more neutral but whenever I'm trying to bring it or just want to look a little whimsical, Full of Joy is either my blush or on top of another blush. It's absolutely amazing with Heroine or Up the Amp. I'd be interested in other shades of blush with a similar shimmery sheer finish, maybe a peach.