MAC Tres Cheek discussion

gracie90

Turns out my blushes won't arrive until Tuesday :(
My counter still had all 6 left at 10% off and I was very tempted to buy them again and then return my previous order! I couldn't though, just the thought of all that makeup being thrown away made me sad
ohboy.gif

MrsB

Quote: Originally Posted by MrsB

Thank you elegant, you are usually spookily right about these things!
I am now wondering whether I was too hasty in skipping FoJ. I was planning on getting a couple of shadows from ED plus a few contour items, I'll have to see if little ole me's wallet will allow for FoJ
smiles.gif

Looking at your pictures, I would have sworn that FoJ would be your first choice of all six blushes. :)
Oh Mac Guy, my wallet hates you :p I have now joined Team 6! (when any of them actually arrive) And I ordered Harmony to try too. I got my mac order for F&B foundation too as I've seen a lot of raves for it - I'm trying to decided on wedding foundation so far mufe mat velvet is my fave, mufe hd broke me out, but I'm road testing a few. I got a palette to depot too, but I don't know if I'm brave enough! Does anyone have any YouTube videos for depotting :) If you have any ED shadows recs guys, do let me know. And my Selfridges parcel didn't turn up. I hate bank holiday weekends!

gracie90

And my Selfridges parcel didn't turn up. I hate bank holiday weekends!
So do I! I have to wait until Tuesday for my blushes and ED shadows :(
Modern Pewter is beautifullllll, you should definitely try some of the e/s!

Mac-Guy

I'm almost certain that FoJ will show up more pink-ish on your complexion, so you definitely will wear it, especially with your new (old) hair color. The texture is also much nicer than Sakura, so you've got nothing to worry about.

Re wedding foundation: Have you tried MAC Sculpt? It's a great alternative to F&B as it is more long-wearing, while you still get the dewy effect similar to F&B.

NATlar

Peony Petal, LoveCloud and Immortal Flower.

Top with flash, bottom without flash.

(Top with flash, bottom without flash)
Quick swatches on my skin which is an NC15, PP,LC and IF. I'm inlove with these three <3 Only one that is sold out in the store near me was MM.

MrsB

Oh Mac Guy, my wallet hates you :p I have now joined Team 6! (when any of them actually arrive) And I ordered Harmony to try too. I got my mac order for F&B foundation too as I've seen a lot of raves for it - I'm trying to decided on wedding foundation so far mufe mat velvet is my fave, mufe hd broke me out, but I'm road testing a few.
I got a palette to depot too, but I don't know if I'm brave enough! Does anyone have any YouTube videos for depotting
smiles.gif

If you have any ED shadows recs guys, do let me know.

I'm almost certain that FoJ will show up more pink-ish on your complexion, so you definitely will wear it, especially with your new (old) hair color. The texture is also much nicer than Sakura, so you've got nothing to worry about.

Re wedding foundation: Have you tried MAC Sculpt? It's a great alternative to F&B as it is more long-wearing, while you still get the dewy effect similar to F&B.
I hope so, I don't want it to make me look corpse like! I shall have to post a FOTD when it finally arrives. I hadn't even considered Sculpt foundation, I thought it contained SPF for some reason and I was trying to avoid it for fear of flash back in photos?

peachsuns

Peony Petal, LoveCloud and Immortal Flower.

Top with flash, bottom without flash.

(Top with flash, bottom without flash)
Quick swatches on my skin which is an NC15, PP,LC and IF. I'm inlove with these three <3 Only one that is sold out in the store near me was MM.

Great choice! Thank you so much for the beautiful pictures!
heart.gif

MrsB

Oh Mac Guy, my wallet hates you :p

th_roll1.gif

He does have his way with us
amuse.gif
I think you all might have had a hand in this latest enabling.... Though I'm looking specifically at you, macina, peachsuns and mac guy lol!

MrsB

MACina you are as bad as peachsuns! Lol
I haven't received any of my blush orders yet, so I'll hold off for now. I am just waiting patiently for my Selfridges order to arrive

LOL! Sorry, MrsB. But I agree with Mac-Guy. I thought Full of Joy would look amazing on your complexion.
greengrin.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Mac-Guy

Looking at your pictures, I would have sworn that FoJ would be your first choice of all six blushes. :)
Team six it is! :)

MrsB

I hope so, I don't want it to make me look corpse like! I shall have to post a FOTD when it finally arrives.
I hadn't even considered Sculpt foundation, I thought it contained SPF for some reason and I was trying to avoid it for fear of flash back in photos?

It photographs beautifully.
Something else to add to the list of must try items!

MrsB

Oh Mac Guy, my wallet hates you :p I have now joined Team 6! (when any of them actually arrive) And I ordered Harmony to try too. I got my mac order for F&B foundation too as I've seen a lot of raves for it - I'm trying to decided on wedding foundation so far mufe mat velvet is my fave, mufe hd broke me out, but I'm road testing a few.
I got a palette to depot too, but I don't know if I'm brave enough! Does anyone have any YouTube videos for depotting
smiles.gif

If you have any ED shadows recs guys, do let me know.

So do I! I have to wait until Tuesday for my blushes and ED shadows :(
Modern Pewter is beautifullllll, you should definitely try some of the e/s!
It's so annoying isn't it?! Making us wait all these extra days for the sake of a bank holiday weekend. I prefer just to have my goodies when they are supposed to arrive! I was looking at getting pink venus, sweet heat, and modern pewter but I'm not sure lol - I'm trying to be good with MAC and only buy what I will actually USE as in the past I have had to many items go unloved because I panic bought tones/shades that weren't really for me.