MAC Tres Cheek discussion

PrettyKitty

I was disappointed in the swatches I saw of IF but when I tried it in store, I fell inlove with it and ended up liking it more than MM. MM is beautiful but it was a bit too much for me and I love the subtle look of IF and when I pair it with WoG SF, I basically get the same effect as MM but I don't have to worry about over applying IF where as I have to be more detailed in my application with MM.
I'm glad you said that about Modern Mandarin, you are killing my lemming slowly.. lol

I use MAC #109 brush to apply Immortal Flower if I want it to show up on my tan skin.

Polaris

Do I need Full of Joy? I've been thinking about it soooo much. I've tried it in store and I liked the look of it on my NC35 skin but my wallet....

Mac-Guy

I'm glad you said that about Modern Mandarin, you are killing my lemming slowly.. lol
I use MAC #109 brush to apply Immortal Flower if I want it to show up on my tan skin.

Awwww, did you skip MM?
oh.gif

Sugar & Spice

That is the type of brush I use too although it isn't MAC but its a very densed brush that will grab the product and transfer it onto the skin instead of sheering it out and settling in the bristles. I'm olive/tan and my undertones bring out the peach in IF and pull MM peach as well because it has red in it. So us being olive, we don't really need both MM and IF because its going to basically give the same results except MM will have more sheen but if you're going to use a highlight with IF, you will get the same sheen effect. I like a more natural understated cheek and IF fits that perfectly, it just really depends on the look you're going for and what compliments your undertones.

Mac-Guy

Do I need Full of Joy? I've been thinking about it soooo much. I've tried it in store and I liked the look of it on my NC35 skin but my wallet....

Then get it. It will be much harder to hunt it down later - and most likely, more expensive.

mac_aiken

I must say I am happier with my purchases from TC, ED and RS than I have been with MAC collections in a long time.

I originally planned on just purchasing MM and FoJ from TC but I swatched Lovecloud and I just had to have it. I don't have anything exactly like it in my stash. Nice bonus I got generous samples of the new moisturizing serum and the skin smoother from my favorite MUA and spent enough to have a $20 Nordie note sent to me. Oh and I got my RS lipsticks with B2M.

I was surprised to see that most of the other shoppers at my counter were passing by the blushes in favor of the Reel Sexy and ED collections. What a waste. Although they do look bland and dupeable in the pan they are magic upon application.

Elegant, you asked why I like MM. I've noticed as I get older I get a bit paler (not that I am complaining). I like that this gives a beautiful bit of warmth and sheen to my face. Right now I am using it with How Beautiful beauty powder and just a hint of WOG.

elegant-one

I must say I am happier with my purchases from TC, ED and RS than I have been with MAC collections in a long time.

I originally planned on just purchasing MM and FoJ from TC but I swatched Lovecloud and I just had to have it. I don't have anything exactly like it in my stash. Nice bonus I got generous samples of the new moisturizing serum and the skin smoother from my favorite MUA and spent enough to have a $20 Nordie note sent to me. Oh and I got my RS lipsticks with B2M.

I was surprised to see that most of the other shoppers at my counter were passing by the blushes in favor of the Reel Sexy and ED collections. What a waste. Although they do look bland and dupeable in the pan they are magic upon application.

Elegant, you asked why I like MM. I've noticed as I get older I get a bit paler (not that I am complaining). I like that this gives a beautiful bit of warmth and sheen to my face. Right now I am using it with How Beautiful beauty powder and just a hint of WOG.

Thats a lot of Initials! Reading it is like taking some kind of memory test
amuse.gif
lol.gif
I think I've seen ED on that *cough* one commercial
greengrin.gif

I just got a Nordies note too & then bought a gorgeous pair of wedges
sneaky.gif
Really, no one should pass on these blushes they are so divine. I fell in love with MM when I got to swatch it today.

I can't wait to hear what you think of the P&P skin smoother.

Winthrop44

I am on Team 4.
cheerleader.gif
I originally ordered FoJ and MM and loved them, so I went to my counter yesterday and picked up IF and PT. Really love the texture and shades of these blushes, and best of all they do not bother my rosacea!

elegant-one

I am on Team 4.
cheerleader.gif
I originally ordered FoJ and MM and loved them, so I went to my counter yesterday and picked up IF and PT. Really love the texture and shades of these blushes, and best of all they do not bother my rosacea!
OMGosh I am SO happy for you
yahoo.gif

mac_aiken

LOL. I just re-read my post. It does look like some kind of weird memory test which my aging brain cells would fail if this week has been any indicator. Blame it on too many years in the medical field with too many old school male doctors who are worried about the other ED.

I can't wait to try the new smoother. I need to compare it to the Mally compact I have that is similar.

Thats a lot of Initials! Reading it is like taking some kind of memory test
amuse.gif
lol.gif
I think I've seen ED on that *cough* one commercial
greengrin.gif

I just got a Nordies note too & then bought a gorgeous pair of wedges
sneaky.gif
Really, no one should pass on these blushes they are so divine. I fell in love with MM when I got to swatch it today.

I can't wait to hear what you think of the P&P skin smoother.

elegant-one

girlhaha.gif

I have the Mally one too which I really really like. I think the P&P is a bit different. Like maybe the P&P is good under the makeup & the Mally is good over the makeup.

PrettyKitty

That is the type of brush I use too although it isn't MAC but its a very densed brush that will grab the product and transfer it onto the skin instead of sheering it out and settling in the bristles. I'm olive/tan and my undertones bring out the peach in IF and pull MM peach as well because it has red in it. So us being olive, we don't really need both MM and IF because its going to basically give the same results except MM will have more sheen but if you're going to use a highlight with IF, you will get the same sheen effect. I like a more natural understated cheek and IF fits that perfectly, it just really depends on the look you're going for and what compliments your undertones.
Thank you SO much! I think you successfully killed that lemming
amuse.gif
well anyway I think it's sold out everywhere. lol

Now I must stop thinking about Modern Pewter.
th_rolleye0014.gif

Sugar & Spice

Maybe you should get Modern Pewter if you don't already have something like it. Also your kitty is sooo cute! I love cats and have a 2 year old Siamese.

Thank you SO much! I think you successfully killed that lemming
amuse.gif
well anyway I think it's sold out everywhere. lol
Now I must stop thinking about Modern Pewter.
th_rolleye0014.gif

ElvenEyes

MM is the one blush I didn't get and now I am feeling like I should have. The others are gorgeous and against my super pale skin they look awesome. I did a blog post on it with swatches today and really am pleased with these colours and the fact that I nabbed another backup of Pink Cult, which is one of my favourite blushes by MAC and in general, too! Maybe in my top 10? I was afraid MM would be too bright for me. Maybe they will offer it up again some day or I will find it tucked away in a shop! Wishful thinking. Please tell me I am not the only one with over 100 blushes.

holysheep.gif

rosieposie75

I went to my local counter today after work expecting everything to be sold out, but I was happy to find that only Pink Tea was sold out. I picked up MM, PP and LC. I ordered FoJ online before it sold out and am expecting it to get here on Monday. I actually back ordered MM from Nordstrom a few days ago but it isn't supposed to ship until the 17th, I decided to pick up MM from the counter just to be safe.

Icecaramellatte

I think hand swatches of these blushes are really misleading. I mostly hand swatched when I tried them in store and wrote off quite a few of them. Immortal Flower included. I took a chance and tried it again. I'm wondering now if I could wear Pink Cult or Pink Tea.

nikki1387

Soooo apparently my 'backordered' MM is shipping out already from Nordies??! I hope with all the fiascos it isnt too good to be true!!

PrettyKitty

I think hand swatches of these blushes are really misleading. I mostly hand swatched when I tried them in store and wrote off quite a few of them. Immortal Flower included. I took a chance and tried it again. I'm wondering now if I could wear Pink Cult or Pink Tea.
I know, it looks so pale in the pan!!