MAC Tres Cheek discussion

peachsuns

I just checked out these blushes today! They all seem quite wearable, very pastel, a little on the sheer side. I walked away with one of them. My review is up on the blog! :D www.princess-livia.com
I love your review, swatches, and FOTD! Thank you for sharing!
heart.gif

I agree with you. Immortal Flower was sheer. Lovecloud looked closed to Pink Swoon.

I love how Full of Joy looks on you! Gorgeous!

OhSoJaded

As it stands, I'm now a member of Team 5 (for now) - Full of Joy, Immortal Flower, Lovecloud, Modern Mandarin and Pink Cult. We'll see how long that lasts. If I want the remaining 2 Tres Cheek blushes (I don't have any interest in Magenta at the moment), I'll have to act quickly!

This morning, I went to a Nordstrom counter at a mall that has a slightly older demographic, so they had plenty of everything in stock. It'll probably sell out tomorrow. On a separate note, there was an older woman buying a few items from each collection to put in her older granddaughters' Easter baskets. I thought it was the cutest, sweetest thing in the world
love.gif
, but I'm sappy like that. I glanced at her list, and saw things like MM, FoJ, Heroine, Reel Sexy, etc. on it! My Easter baskets were never that cool.

OhSoJaded

Thanks for the review! If you think IF is too sheer, you should give MM a try! I'm NC25 also and with a lighter hand, it really does give an amazing peachy, orange glow. LOVE.

I just checked out these blushes today! They all seem quite wearable, very pastel, a little on the sheer side. I walked away with one of them. My review is up on the blog! :D www.princess-livia.com

GlamQueen21

Yesterday I ended up with 5 blushes from this collection! I got Full Of Joy, Modern Mandarin, Peony Petal and Immortal Flower in the mail and Lovecloud last night at my counter!! I may get Pink Tea blush if I want to be on Team 6.

elegant-one

I got to see/swatch everything today from all the collections even though almost everything was sold out. MM is BEAUTIFUL & I'm so happy that I got it.

Also, I bought the Prep & Prime Skin Smoother in the compact. It is SO lovely! The texture of the skin after you use it is matte smooth & just heavenly. And, it makes the blushes go on even super smoother, gives the blushes color impact on the skin. It is simply amazing. I have all the past p&p for lips, the loose powder & they are all wonderful products.

amynicolaox

O.k. Tried 2 blushes today love loud and IF. iF is not showing on my skin tone. I have to really pack it and I feel it is just waist of product. So this one might go for a swap mayb e get another MM. LC nice although once I put on I knew I had several blushes with the same tone. So 2 more 2 try which I am excited about pink cult which is surprisingly very pigmented and ofcourse MM.
On it's own I had to pack it on a lot too, but today I used it over a tiny bit of Pleasureful Blushcreme and it only took one light swipe and didn't alter the tone - I think that's the way it's going to work best for me or even over other similar cream blushes! Let me know how you like Pink Cult, I'm debating on that one

Baby1black

I got to see/swatch everything today from all the collections even though almost everything was sold out. MM is BEAUTIFUL & I'm so happy that I got it.

Also, I bought the Prep & Prime Skin Smoother in the compact. It is SO lovely! The texture of the skin after you use it is matte smooth & just heavenly. And, it makes the blushes go on even super smoother, gives the blushes color impact on the skin. It is simply amazing. I have all the past p&p for lips, the loose powder & they are all wonderful products.
Is the prep prime skin smoother a limited edition item? I do want to get one but not this week I have no funds available for makeup.LOL

Baby1black

Quote: Originally Posted by Baby1black

O.k. Tried 2 blushes today love loud and IF. iF is not showing on my skin tone. I have to really pack it and I feel it is just waist of product. So this one might go for a swap mayb e get another MM. LC nice although once I put on I knew I had several blushes with the same tone. So 2 more 2 try which I am excited about pink cult which is surprisingly very pigmented and ofcourse MM.

On it's own I had to pack it on a lot too, but today I used it over a tiny bit of Pleasureful Blushcreme and it only took one light swipe and didn't alter the tone - I think that's the way it's going to work best for me or even over other similar cream blushes! Let me know how you like Pink Cult, I'm debating on that one
Hey I saw your YouTube on this collection and u enabled me to buy star quality. But the price is Defintely pulling me back especially with what I spent. I will try IF with the trick u did and see how it will show.pink cult is very pigmented and shows more of a mauvey pink on my skin tone. I do not know if it is a must have but Defintely a nice to have.

lyseD

I haven't used mine yet. How did you apply it? Thank you.

PrettyKitty

When I tried Immortal Flower on my hand I was disappointed by the lack of pigmentation, but I tried it this week and now I can't get enough of this blush. I still think tan skin might prefer a more pigmented blush, but I like that I can't apply too much.

I'd love to see Modern Mandarin on cheeks, not an hand swatch.

elegant-one

Is the prep prime skin smoother a limited edition item? I do want to get one but not this week I have no funds available for makeup.LOL

I think think its perm. Ahhh. It really makes the skin incredibly smooth. I also used it on my eyelids & used the new ED eyeshadow over it & it was flawless. It makes the color of whatever you use over it - it's true color. I highly recommend the P&P line & I am really fussy about those types of products for my skin.

elegant-one

Mac suggests the 190 foundation brush or sponges.

I used my fingers & also tried the 130. I am personally a (clean) finger makeup applicator person. It only takes a very little bit. I just lightly smoothed it across my face & eyelids.

Maybe Mac Guy has a suggestion. Helllllllllllllllllllllllo Mac Guy what do you think?

Sugar & Spice

I was disappointed in the swatches I saw of IF but when I tried it in store, I fell inlove with it and ended up liking it more than MM. MM is beautiful but it was a bit too much for me and I love the subtle look of IF and when I pair it with WoG SF, I basically get the same effect as MM but I don't have to worry about over applying IF where as I have to be more detailed in my application with MM.

When I tried Immortal Flower on my hand I was disappointed by the lack of pigmentation, but I tried it this week and now I can't get enough of this blush. I still think tan skin might prefer a more pigmented blush, but I like that I can't apply too much.

I'd love to see Modern Mandarin on cheeks, not an hand swatch.

Mac-Guy

Mac suggests the 190 foundation brush or sponges.
I used my fingers & also tried the 130. I am personally a (clean) finger makeup applicator person. It only takes a very little bit. I just lightly smoothed it across my face & eyelids.

Maybe Mac Guy has a suggestion. Helllllllllllllllllllllllo Mac Guy what do you think?

I think the 191 works best. 190 or 130 (or a sponge) works too, but you will go through the product much fast. As the 191 is less dense, it is the best option IMO.

Elegant-one, have you tried the Skin Smoother under the TC blushes? It's just divine and brings out the sheen even more.
love.gif

PixieDancer

I got MM, FoJ, PC, and Magenta. If they restock, I'm definitely eyeing LC too!
Not sure which one to play with first! Too many goodies at once! I'm like a deer in headlights looking into my black box of goodies!

elegant-one

Elegant-one, have you tried the Skin Smoother under the TC blushes? It's just divine and brings out the sheen even more.
love.gif
Yes! That's how I tried it out today. You are absolutely right, it is wonderful! I love everything about it. Its perfect under these blushes. I also used it on my eyelids with Rich Core.

PixieDancer

Thanks elegant and Mac-Guy... I was debating the Skin Smoother because it just seemed gimmicky. But now it's safely in my cart. Can't wait to try it! Sounds like exactly what I've been looking for!

Latest posts