MAC - Venomous Villains Discussion

TeresitaMC

Re: MAC - Venomous Villains discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMaryJane
I hear you. I'm jobless and all I can think about recently is that I want to start working so I can buy a lot more makeup than I'm buying now
smiles.gif
Forget about needing a job to pay back my student loans...

Exactly!
lol.gif
I/we need it to pay off makeup!
shockt.gif
SOS.gif

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
I have Confirmation!!!
There will be eyeshadows!!!!

Also, theres a big fall collection that is reminiscent of Cult of cherry. Red lips, Blacks all that fun stuff

Wow, you just made my day, you have no idea how much
yahoo.gif
mac_coc.gif

LisaOrestea

Three massive amazing collections in one go :|
Thats a bit annoying. I almost wish the felines collection was coming out like...now - so I have time to save for the rest. I have/had no interest in prep for colour, pret a papier or to the beach so now would be perfect timing for my bank balance :p

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Unique
Thanks for confirming that piece of vital information!

So let me get this correct, we have 3 collections coming in Fall now?

Fabulous Felines, Venomous Villains and now this mystery 'big fall collection'???

I think Fabulous Felines will be the big fall collection and Cult of Cherry follower?!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I think Fabulous Felines will be the big fall collection and Cult of Cherry follower?!

iagree.gif
yeah that is what i was thinking.

sss215

Quote:

good, cause another collection with VV and FF would be too much. I need to save up for holiday. cause with all this red/deep red or dark lips being talked about for fall. holiday is really going to be something.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by sss215
good, cause another collection with VV and FF would be too much. I need to save up for holiday. cause with all this red/deep red or dark lips being talked about for fall. holiday is really going to be something.

i know! i'd have to get a second job!
tong.gif

Mabelle

I honestly dont know. I was getting mu MU done yesterday, and mentioned VV collection. When i asked about eyeshadows, the MUA said she remembered seeing some. And then She said there was going to be a fall collection that was "so gorgeous" with lots of red lips, black lips. When i asked if it was at all like CoC, she said it was that same kind of trend revisited....
She gave me no name.... I didn't think it was F Felines (cause im not excited for it...) but maybe it is?

sss215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
I honestly dont know. I was getting mu MU done yesterday, and mentioned VV collection. When i asked about eyeshadows, the MUA said she remembered seeing some. And then She said there was going to be a fall collection that was "so gorgeous" with lots of red lips, black lips. When i asked if it was at all like CoC, she said it was that same kind of trend revisited....
She gave me no name.... I didn't think it was F Felines (cause im not excited for it...) but maybe it is?

from the description FF has alot of darker bold lips like CoC. FF is August 2010, Make Up Art was Aug 2009 and CoC was Aug 2008 so it kind of follows CoC

VV is right on point for Sept 10 as Style Black was Sept 09. I can't imagine MAC doing a 3rd big collection for fall when Holiday is released in Oct. It doesn't fall in line with them traditionally. I mean, its cool if they are trying something new, but in my opinion, that is just overload for the consumers. I mean the Holiday season would be approaching and the majority of consumers usually focus and buy for other people.

Soul Unique

Quote:

That's what I thought....seen as FF has 3 parts like Spring Colour Forecast, surely this Rodarte/COC has to be of Pret A Papier proportions lol.

aeroerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinstar
Ahhhh ^ but Pret A Papier was small, yet deadly

Agreed! I still want to get my hands on Gazette Grey & the lighter chroma pencil. That collection was WAY too "me" for my own good!

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by sss215
from the description FF has alot of darker bold lips like CoC. FF is August 2010, Make Up Art was Aug 2009 and CoC was Aug 2008 so it kind of follows CoC

VV is right on point for Sept 10 as Style Black was Sept 09.

iagree.gif

August

07: Smoke Signals
08: Cult of Cherry
09: Makeup Art Cosmetics
10: Fabulous Felines

All these fall collections have/had quads included!

September

07: Alexander McQueen
08: Ungaro / Manish Arora
09: Style Black
10: Venomous Villains

marusia

"MAC, RODARTE TEAM UP FOR COLOR: MAC Cosmetics and Rodarte will collaborate in the fall to produce a limited edition color cosmetics collection. Due in September, the line is inspired by Rodarte’s fall 2010 show and is expected to be available in all MAC doors globally. MAC has provided makeup artistry support to Rodarte’s runway shows since 2006, including today’s show. "-WWD

sungelly87

Quote:
iagree.gif

August

07: Smoke Signals
08: Cult of Cherry
09: Makeup Art Cosmetics
10: Fabulous Felines

All these fall collections have/had quads included!

September

07: Alexander McQueen
08: Ungaro / Manish Arora
09: Style Black
10: Venomous Villains

hmm I really wonder how Rodarte is going to fit in all of this...all the press releases from Feb Fall Fashion Week said a collab. set to release in September...so MAC is doing two collections during that month? this is getting interesting...and i need to get a job!

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungelly87
hmm I really wonder how Rodarte is going to fit in all of this...all the press releases from Feb Fall Fashion Week said a collab. set to release in September...so MAC is doing two collections during that month? this is getting interesting...and i need to get a job!

Yes, there can be more than one collection in September! This would not be totally unusual.

sungelly87

Quote:
Yes, there can be more than one collection in September! This would not be totally unusual.

You are right! September is a pivotal month for sure
smiles.gif

marusia

"Sorry everyone that I couldn't buy anyone Christmas presents...I spent all my money on eyeshadow!"

Good thing I told everyone months ago that I wasn't buying any gifts this year!
lmao.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by marusia
"Sorry everyone that I couldn't buy anyone Christmas presents...I spent all my money on eyeshadow!"

Good thing I told everyone months ago that I wasn't buying any gifts this year!
lmao.gif

This way you will look pretty when you will be giving a smile
winks.gif

aeroerin

There's a MAC lipstick they used in the F/W Felder Felder show in London called Cunning that's coming Fall 2010--That sounds perfect for this collection! (if you're interested, the alternate lippie they used is Desire). It says they "dabbed it down" for a stain, so it sounds like it'll be a dark lippie like we've been chatting about!

Here's the face chart used in that show:
2n8a6p2.jpg

And here's an image from the show:
felderfeld.jpg

It showed up again in the Tommy Hilfiger show!
o59og0.jpg

My Dark Magic MES will be a DUO, too!

ETA: HOLY CRAP I just made the connection--my birthday is August 28th, and this comes out in September... I know that I'll want all my b-day gifts in cash or MAC gift cards!