MAC - Venomous Villains Discussion

kaliraksha

Re: MAC - Venomous Villains discussion

I'm extremely excited and hope I'm not going to over hype myself into being disappointed.

Jessie May

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
Really, you thought Snow White was beautiful? I always thought that her hair (and clothing) was weird and that her features were barely discernible (she doesn't have a nose, just a squiggle).

snowwhite2.jpg

I agree with the others you mentioned though, and pretty much all of the Disney princesses minus Snow White. Does no one love Megara from Hercules? I feel like that movie gets no love. Maybe because her accent was OTT...

With Snow White you really have to remember she's from 1937! There's quite a space between her and Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty. Then all the late 80s/90s princesses are another story all together!
Snow White is definitely limited by her era but I looooove her! Fair skin and red lips! Yum!
winkiss.gif
(love her hair bow too!)

LMD84

Quote:
Ok thanks so much for posting those pics, because I have to say, that while classic, the villain from Snow White is pretty much the most generic thing I have ever seen... Just saying.

yeah that's why i'm not a massive fan of the queen from snow white... she's boring!

COBI

My sister has no interest in makeup; her girls ask me about makeup. But she is a disney fanatic. So, I found out about this from the other day before seeing it anywhere else. So, I wrote "haha... I see how it is, so now you want to go to the MAC store... interesting, but I'm busy that day. LOL".

Guess this will be the one time (or at the least the first time) that she feels compelled to spend money on MAC.

larababyx

i wonder if they will give use some white / pale powder to match the cruelle deville look that would look nice with red lipstick
smiles.gif
x

sss215

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroerin
HOLY ____! I need that MES. It'd be my first MES (I stupidly skipped all of Style Black...
ssad.gif
), but no matter. That will be mine!

me too. if these are like style black's, but better, i'm sold!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by sss215
me too. if these are like style black's, but better, i'm sold!

iagree.gif
smiles.gif
my poor wallet!
mac_haul.gif

Cydonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
i have no problem with a bloke being in the line up! jafar would have been pretty cool, this guy doesnt even look like he is wearing any type of 'make up', jafar at least has the eyeliner thing going on

When I heard about the collection (prior to watching the trailer), I was totally imagining a kajal like the ones VS and Sleek have with like arabic gold script and all on black matte packaging... le sigh. Won't happen
ssad.gif

http://cosmetic-candy.com/wp-content...l-eyeliner.jpg

All good, still excited! Trying not to speculate myself too much as I don't want to be let down.

Susanne

I am back from my classtrip!
wavey.gif

Yay for this collection! I still have to read this thread.....
smiles.gif

Cydonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowaddict
This is a nice list but I'd also like Sleeping Beauty and Snow White on it. I think Belle, Jasmine, Cinderella, Ariel, Snow White, and Sleeping Beauty are all gorgeous and classic and yet very different from each other.

I think that if they did a Princess collection, it would probably focus on skincare and that natural flushed glow. Maybe they would come out with a good dewy foundation? Also false lashes.

Though, a Jasmine collection would be to die for, for me anyway XD

Twinkle_Twinkle

I know, but still. I feel like Betty Boop looks better. But the more recent drawings of Snow White are definitely more flattering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessie May
With Snow White you really have to remember she's from 1937! There's quite a space between her and Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty. Then all the late 80s/90s princesses are another story all together!
Snow White is definitely limited by her era but I looooove her! Fair skin and red lips! Yum!
winkiss.gif
(love her hair bow too!)

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
yahoo.gif
I'm saving from today for this collection! I have to pass a few collections for this.

iagree.gif

I guess I will get three more bigger hauls in 2010:

Fabulous Felines
Venomous Villains
holiday collection

I can't wait to see the packaging!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
hhhmmm i was thinking of the following colours- (i love seeing what people are coming up with for colour schemes!)
Maleficent - purple, green and orange
Cruella - red, black and white with some turquose
snow white queen - reds of various shades and maybe coral
dr vodo man - black, red and purple

i want some awesome textures too please mac!

Yep.
th_WeAreDoomed.png

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i thought there may be a trio of shadows like heatherette and edna....

They would be stupid not making e/s or trios!!
cutey.gif

Tat2dbeauty07

From the sounds of it the collection sounds great I look forward to the darker and deeper shades were all hoping for, It would be great if they repromed young punk that black and purple is to die for and would look great with the color scheme also a dark teal and black, and burgundy mes would be great I love MES

The only thing I hate is once again its another line with another company I'm a pro card holder and everything that has caught my interest they wont let us use the pro card on. So far this year Liberty of London, Pry not going to be able to use it on Alice & Olivia, and Venemous Villans come on give us Pro Card holders a break! I would buy more MAC if I could use my card more!

I will purchase from this collection no matter what but pry not as much as I want, I made a list for to the Beach but its not gone sticking to Alice and Olivia, In The groove both are being realeased 4 days after my birthday (I'm and independance day baby) Ill pry pick up a palette and the new pigment from fabulous felines but do some saving for venemous villans can't wait for more info!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
They would be stupid not making e/s or trios!!
cutey.gif

indeed they would! i can't wait to get more info on this collection! are we holding out much hope for info on Erine's next update??? or will that just cover until August?

queen_kitty

If anybody is still wanting an MES from Style Black, Blue Flame is still available on Nordstrom's website.

Soul Unique

Quote:
Ok thanks so much for posting those pics, because I have to say, that while classic, the villain from Snow White is pretty much the most generic thing I have ever seen... Just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cydonian
When I heard about the collection (prior to watching the trailer), I was totally imagining a kajal like the ones VS and Sleek have with like arabic gold script and all on black matte packaging... le sigh. Won't happen
ssad.gif

http://cosmetic-candy.com/wp-content...l-eyeliner.jpg

All good, still excited! Trying not to speculate myself too much as I don't want to be let down.

Ditto! I had that in mind too!

Nevermind....perhaps one day we'll get an Arabian Nights collection for Summer 2011 perhaps.

littlepickle

I'm so excited for this collection, can't wait to see what they have for Maleficent! I'm a little disappointed about the lack of Ursula though...
smiles.gif

Courtney <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by clslvr6spd
Mines the 24th!
specktra_rocks.gif

Mines the 28th!!
So whatever my parents dont get me, i'll ask the boyfriend for!
plus its the big 18! So im sure to haul just for that!

euphrosyne_rose

Well, of course like everyone else I'm excited about this collection as well being a Disney freak myself. I'm not so much up on the more current movies and when it comes to Disney princesses and such, feel that pretty much everything after Beauty and the Beast don't measure up. That's not to say that I didn't enjoy Finding Nemo or Lilo and Stitch, but again, those weren't "princess" movies. I'm from Louisiana and still haven't seen The Princess and the Frog but I plan on seeing it when I get a chance.

With that said, I agree with everyone that purple will probably be a good thing to expect from this collection (if eyeshadows/liners are involved as they should be!) and as for the green blush ideas, I don't know that I'd be for an actual GREEN blush but I did start thinking that something with a subtle green "sheen" to it, sort of along the lines of Lollipop Loving l/s, would be really cool and also different/unique and really pretty. I know "subtle" isn't exactly a word that should be associated with a villain but that's just my word to convey the description of what I was thinking.
cutey.gif
The green would definitely go along well with Maleficent's skin (she's my personal favorite).

I do feel like black might be on the boring side but just b/c it's been done and done again it seems like. I'm not knocking Style Black but I would really hope for something such as this collection, it would be really nice it we could have something truly unique and different to look forward to. I wonder if MAC realizes that more and more people are finding dupes for "new" collection items and that pulls them away from wanting to buy it? Maybe they should think that over...
Anyway, I'm curious to see what is in the wings for this collection and hopefully we'll see some product pics soon!!

Latest posts