MAC - Venomous Villains Discussion

kayley123

Re: MAC - Venomous Villains discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
Cremesheen is my favorite finish!
smiles.gif
And cremesheen glasses when talking about glosses!
smiles.gif

iagree.gif

smashedseries

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMaryJane
I can second EcoTools brushes--I have a couple and I like them a lot, ESPECIALLY considering the prices.

I third this.
Love their blush brushes!
greengrin.gif

Sooooo soft~

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
I'm starting to fall for the cremesheen lipsticks now! They are amazing!! This is coming from a Lustre lipstick lover! My list will alter a bit since I may end up taking somethings off of my list. Oh So Fair BP is what I'm thinking about getting since it'll be used as a highlight.

yeah they are awesome! creme cup is my favourite one so far though
smiles.gif

LittleMaryJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
i'm sorry, but how is the wool business cruel

I'm curious about this too. I don't know anything about it.

LMD84

Quote:

me neither!
th_dunno.gif
i thought that you just shave sheep when you want wool?!

laylalovesmac

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
me neither!
th_dunno.gif

I wasn't too sure either, but I just looked it up, and now I feel sick.
sick.gif

I don't use any any animal products anyway even if they're obtained in a "safe and humane" way. That's just me, though.

After looking up the wool thing, I just have more reasons, I guess.
tong.gif

sleepyhead

Quote:
me neither!
th_dunno.gif

i guess different people have different ideas about animal cruelty. for some, even having a pet at home is restricting the animals' freedom and cruel. for others, nothing short of stabbing them with a knife for fun is considered cruel
th_dunno.gif

laylalovesmac

I'm not so extreme that I won't have pets. I don't think I could live without the companionship of my beloved doggies.
yes.gif
cutey.gif

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
i'm sorry, but how is the wool business cruel?

btw, the natural-haired brushes aren't obtained cruelly, so why not use em (unless you're vegan that is)?

Oh boy where should I start... First of all the sheeps are tortured with the operation called mulesing, which is very painful (you can imagine it been done to yourself WITHOUT any pain relievers. Somebody cuts the skin around your buttocks off and leaves you with a huge open wound). Secondly the conditions they are in are horrible, just like with any animals that humans take advantage of and keep prisoned. When they transfer the sheeps (for example from Australia with a ship to other countries) they try to put so many sheeps in one transfer that many of them die during the trip. They suffocate and die in the heat and pressure.

As for brushes, you simply cannot have a animal hair-brush without the cruelty involved. The hair comes from the captivated animals that are waiting to be slaughtered or already are dead. Humans make sure they get every penny out of these "machines" that they are to society. Nobody asks them can I take your hair, can I take your life, can I spank and torture you, can I keep you in my prison to make me more money.

There in a nutshell, please do google more.

And yes, I'm vegan because I take animals and their rights seriously. I love them, how could I hurt something I love?

Quote:
me neither!
th_dunno.gif

You have to breed sheeps to get wool. You have to breed them in such a way (and amount) that they produce so much wool their skin is ripping. You have to slice their skin to make the wool "better". When they don't make profit anymore they are dead in a second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
I wasn't too sure either, but I just looked it up, and now I feel sick.
sick.gif

I don't use any any animal products anyway even if they're obtained in a "safe and humane" way. That's just me, though.

After looking up the wool thing, I just have more reasons, I guess.
tong.gif

There is no such thing. This is something people say to themselves to feel better using animals. If there were a "safe and humane" way, the factory farming etc. could not exist because it simply wouldn't make enough money. It's like "I drink milk to make the cow feel better"...What the..? The cow is raped through all her short life to be pregnant and to be able make milk for us, other species, not for her baby that is taken from her in a day or so after she's born (the baby is kept in another cage where she cannot move, because we want veal meat to be as white as possible, so anemia is hot stuff with veal-producers!). Milk and dairy in general is one of the sickest things I've ever heard of.
sick.gif

lovesongx

I live near loads of nice farms where the sheep are given lots of space and to my knowledge are only sheared to cool them in the summer. Yes, they're going to end up on someones plate one day but their living conditions are better than most. Wouldn't MAC ethically source their wool/lanolin i.e. source it from farms that aren't cruel?
I don't know a lot about this topic so please don't think I'm trying to undermine you, I'm vegetarian and tend to avoid most of the info regarding animal cruelty because it's just too upsetting!

clslvr6spd

To each their own, honestly. There are some seriously effed up things that happen to all animals of the world.
People could say my fish tank is cruel, since I lost 4 fish in the past 2 months. It's not the lack of care, shit happens. But yes, they're not out in the open ocen able to roam free as they please, they're in a glass box in a sense. Is that cruel? It's different from person to person...

But IMHO I think one person or even a 100 people not buying certain products, because it's considered "cruel" is going to stop the production of these items. You're a drop in the bucket to them.
I am not saying what you awesome ladies are doing is bad & I commend you and I wish there is more that people can do to stop animal cruelty.
I love animals, I do not commend what cruelty does happen, but it has & will continue to happen...

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesongx
I live near loads of nice farms where the sheep are given lots of space and to my knowledge are only sheared to cool them in the summer. Yes, they're going to end up on someones plate one day but their living conditions are better than most. Wouldn't MAC ethically source their wool/lanolin i.e. source it from farms that aren't cruel?
I don't know a lot about this topic so please don't think I'm trying to undermine you, I'm vegetarian and tend to avoid most of the info regarding animal cruelty because it's just too upsetting!

This scenario is impossible I'm afraid.
ssad.gif
Captivating and making money on animals is never ever ethical. Someone could ask it this way - is it better that I beat up my kids only couple times a week - I offer them much better conditions than the kids that get beaten every day. No, there should be zero violence, zero abusing and zero animals being our slaves. We do not need wool, milk, meat, pony riding, circuses, furcoats, leather shoes for anything, none of them.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Oh boy where should I start... First of all the sheeps are tortured with the operation called mulesing, which is very painful (you can imagine it been done to yourself WITHOUT any pain relievers. Somebody cuts the skin around your buttocks off and leaves you with a huge open wound). Secondly the conditions they are in are horrible, just like with any animals that humans take advantage of and keep prisoned. When they transfer the sheeps (for example from Australia with a ship to other countries) they try to put so many sheeps in one transfer that many of them die during the trip. They suffocate and die in the heat and pressure.

As for brushes, you simply cannot have a animal hair-brush without the cruelty involved. The hair comes from the captivated animals that are waiting to be slaughtered or already are dead. Humans make sure they get every penny out of these "machines" that they are to society. Nobody asks them can I take your hair, can I take your life, can I spank and torture you, can I keep you in my prison to make me more money.

There in a nutshell, please do google more.

And yes, I'm vegan because I take animals and their rights seriously. I love them, how could I hurt something I love?

You have to breed sheeps to get wool. You have to breed them in such a way (and amount) that they produce so much wool their skin is ripping. You have to slice their skin to make the wool "better". When they don't make profit anymore they are dead in a second.

There is no such thing. This is something people say to themselves to feel better using animals. If there were a "safe and humane" way, the factory farming etc. could not exist because it simply wouldn't make enough money. It's like "I drink milk to make the cow feel better"...What the..? The cow is raped through all her short life to be pregnant and to be able make milk for us, other species, not for her baby that is taken from her in a day or so after she's born (the baby is kept in another cage where she cannot move, because we want veal meat to be as white as possible, so anemia is hot stuff with veal-producers!). Milk and dairy in general is one of the sickest things I've ever heard of.
sick.gif

Yeah- before you mentioned it yesterday, I hadn't thought about wool much. But, after seeing the pictures of the mulesing, I really do feel sick. And I agree with everything you are saying- I am vegan for the same reasons. I saw this thing that Paul McCartney did with PETA and that was when I decided to go full-on vegan. I was already vegetarian, but after hearing about how the cows and chickens were treated, I didn't want to contribute to their suffering. The vegetarian thing for me was originally to be healthier, but has sense morphed into boycotting all animal products.
yes.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
This scenario is impossible I'm afraid.
ssad.gif
Captivating and making money on animals is never ever ethical. Someone could ask it this way - is it better that I beat up my kids only couple times a week - I offer them much better conditions than the kids that get beaten every day. No, there should be zero violence, zero abusing and zero animals being our slaves. We do not need wool, milk, meat, pony riding, circuses, furcoats, leather shoes for anything, none of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clslvr6spd
^ Yes, we don't NEED...but people will still WANT...& that wont stop...

Yes, people still want. And that is unfortunate. Someone can easily live w/o animal products.

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by clslvr6spd
To each their own, honestly. There are some seriously effed up things that happen to all animals of the world.
People could say my fish tank is cruel, since I lost 4 fish in the past 2 months. It's not the lack of care, shit happens. But yes, they're not out in the open ocen able to roam free as they please, they're in a glass box in a sense. Is that cruel? It's different from person to person...

But IMHO I think one person or even a 100 people not buying certain products, because it's considered "cruel" is going to stop the production of these items. You're a drop in the bucket to them.
I am not saying what you awesome ladies are doing is bad & I commend you and I wish there is more that people can do to stop animal cruelty.
I love animals, I do not commend what cruelty does happen, but it has & will continue to happen...

Raping will continue in the world, so does that mean everyone can do it? It really doesn't matter at all that I don't rape? Murdering will continue, suffering will continue...In practise, every vegan saves dozens and dozens of lives each year. Less demand, less supplies. Animal cruelty will come to minimal if everyone that says like you would act on it. Just buy the other choice - simple as that. We have to make it stop, not just sit around and say oh well, there will be billion turkeys dead today so it doesn't matter if I eat one more. That one could've had a precious life.

User38

the sheep need a sweater when they are sheered?
th_dunno.gif

either that or they don't do it gently enough?
shockt.gif

th_confused_new.gif

User38

oh I see -- I had not read all the posts above.

poor sheep
ssad.gif

poor chickens
ssad.gif

poor turkeys
ssad.gif

poor humans who cannot eat
ssad.gif

poor planet
ssad.gif

amen.

PinkBasset

Why want to pay for suffering? People think being a vegan is leading a less satisfying life. Well, I don't get satisfaction from wearing someone else's skin on me (I have my own) or drinking someone else's breast milk that is not meant for me.

There will always be some jerks that say, I don't care - I just want my stuff. The question is: do you want to be that jerk?

I think education is the key here, when people learn more, the more will act to the situation. Sometimes it's hard seeing the sad faces, but I haven't lost all of my hope. I became a vegan, someone else will too, and so on!
smiles.gif

User38

oh, I agree with you Pink. And I agree with your right to disagree with me too
smiles.gif

however, I will always enjoy my food (I love fish too -- I guess they must suffer too) and I will always love my mu and other accoutrements of being "human" .. I have travelled extensively in the third world and in the "civilized" world.. I cannot in all sincerity justify anything that humans do to other humans but I can justify eating animals. It has been the way the planet has evolved since it's inception.

Now... what happened to Venemous Villains?

smiles.gif